Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harding for Reading?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I saw in today's paper (Independant) that Coppell is likely to make a bid for Dan Harding. Has anybody else heard anything about this? I suppose we'd get some money, but I'd rather have him in the team.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i know they are both likely to be higher up the league than us but if we get falmer neither of them will compare to the albion.can't see why after fighting his way into are 1st team dan would want to up root to another championship team

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Falmer will be at least 3 to 4 years away. That will not come into his mind. If Cardiff or Reading offer anything over £3000 a week he will be off and who could blame him

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I dont think itd be a great loss at all. To me he looked our weakest link in the run in and if we could get around £200k for him id be happy. AS LONG AS THE MONEY GOES ON PLAYERS!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why would he give up first team football for a place in the reserves at Reading or Cardiff?

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I presume that the period in which Coppell agreed not to make a bid for our players is over then?

Harding is a good young player with bags of improvement in him, and it's always sad to see such a player leave, but that's life pre-Falmer, and to a certain extent that's life for most Nationwide (sorry, fizzy shite drink) clubs regardless full stop.

I hope he stays.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
He's a left back you prize buffoon!

i don't think he will leave.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Albion Dan said:
To me he looked our weakest link in the run in and if we could get around £200k for him id be happy.

we'd be lucky to get that much in today's market, i reckon £50k tops. he's always looked a promising player to me, as well as being a home-grown talent, so i'd be sorry to see him go.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The improvement in his performance from the game at Bristol City to the game at the Millennium shows what a quick learner and young prospect he is imo. Who do we replace him with? Please don't say Kerry :nono:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If we're only going to receive £50-100K then what's the point of selling? He's a very promising player who looks like he could do well in a higher division and his wages can't be that much. It would cost us all of that to sign a replacement (sign-on fees, increased salary, etc).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here