Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harding called up to england squad...

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Beefy said:
Is Harding the first ever player to be produced by our youth system that has made the England u21 squad(while playing for us obviously)?

Peter Ward
Steve Foster
Terry Connor
Bobby Zamora

Are the only players I can think of that have represented England at any level whilst playing for the Albion.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
13/8/04 - Harding Named In England Under-21 Squad

Albion star Daniel Harding has won his first call up to the England under-21 squad for the friendly against Ukraine on Tuesday at Middlesbrough (8pm).

The promosing young defender has impressed after breaking into the Albion first team last season. Peter Taylor, the England under-21 and Hull manager, knows harding from his time at the Albion.

There are seven new faces in the party, including Birmingham City's Darren Carter, West Ham United defender Anton Ferdinand and Ipswich Town duo Ian Westlake and Matthew Richards.

Harding told seagulls.co.uk, "I found out this afternoon; someone from the FA called me. They had warned me yesterday there was a good chance I could be in. I was a bit shocked, but it's a really nice feeling. I told my dad and mum, yesterday but it wasn't final then, so I am just really happy they've confirmed it. They are sending a car to pick me up from my house and take me to Heathrow. It's going to be an exciting time.

Harding, suspended for tommorows game with Coventry, links up with the squad on Sunday.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
didn't see those

well done dan

HARDING 4 ENGLAND !

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I bet Harding thought It was a wind up when he was told as well!

The Wookiee said:
Peter Ward
Steve Foster
Terry Connor
Bobby Zamora

Are the only players I can think of that have represented England at any level whilst playing for the Albion.

Ward - started at Burton so hadly a product of our youth system
Foster - £150k from Portsmouth so not ours
Connor - Player exchange from Leeds
Zamora - £100k from Bristol Rovers

I think Tommy Cook is probably the first to come through and play for England as an Albion player (1921?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Storer68 said:
Ward - started at Burton so hadly a product of our youth system
Foster - £150k from Portsmouth so not ours
Connor - Player exchange from Leeds
Zamora - £100k from Bristol Rovers

I think Tommy Cook is probably the first to come through and play for England as an Albion player (1921?

What about Gary Stevens or although not entirely us, Gareth Barry?

Fantastic timing! - he might even get a start on Tuesday given that Taylor will know he's had plenty of rest :D

He was not at fault with the penalty, and aside for the Forster mistake, has done very little else wrong in the two games.

Perhaps this is a very fine example of what McGhee is calling for - more belief in our players.

Last edited:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
garry nelsons left foot said:
Great news for dan, and great news for the youth set up.:clap: :clap2: :clap:

Could have been that knob head Ashton Kuscher and a new episode of MTV's Punk'd ......:lolol:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Lets hope he plays well for them, will bump his price tag up a bit and hopefully we will keep hold of him or if we do sell him, sell im to a BIG club for lots of money and a BIG sell on clause!

:clap2: Well done Dan :clap2:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Excellent news.

I think Dan is definately top class and will do well once he's settled in this division.

It will probably make Kezza a little bit relieved as well that he has at least only lost his place to an England international.

Let's hope we can keep hold of these young players. As McGhee said after the Reading game, if they can stay in this division this season, they will be much better next season.

The future's bright. The future's Albion! :clap2: :cool:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
For all you Sky Sports Subscribers, its live on Sky Sports 1.
For people like me who don't have Sky Sports they can listen to the game on Radio 5 live.
If you cant get radio 5 live then your a weird person cos you can get it on the BBC website but you can get text commentery easily on the BBC website as well.
Failing that, im sure NSC will be having updates as the game progresses!

Kev the Ape

is this true??

u got to be kidding me!!! harding aint done anythink this season so far he got sent off against plymouth now i am hearing he is in the england under 21 wot a joke!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here