Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hardest Brighton XI

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Seagull Stew said:
Who was the guy we had on loan from Swansea (I think) who was on the floor and tackled someone with the ball at their feet WITH HIS HEAD!

Circa 2000-2001 I think.
Was it Martin Thomas ??

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Re: Re: Hardest Brighton XI

TonyW said:
Case, Grealish and Oatway in midfield.
Cullip at the back too.

Sorry Tony W....... Oatway is a pansy compared to the original Tank.....

Eric Steele in goal surely... when he lost his rag he made Lehmann look like a girlie!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Mickey Thomas! That bloke was a nutter. He makes other nutters like Mark Dennis look tame in comparison.

As they say in football cliches - could start an argument in an empty room.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Kuipers in goal just cos he was in the army... I've seen no evidence of hardness on a pitch.

What about Eric Young?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Kuipers in goal just cos he was in the army... I've seen no evidence of hardness on a pitch.

What about Eric Young?

I thought Joe Corrigan was pretty hard, I have an old game against Liverpool on video where he just sttod there and one of their players bounced about six foot off of him.

I'd put Danny Wilson ahead of Oatway

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Seagull Stew said:
Who was the guy we had on loan from Swansea (I think) who was on the floor and tackled someone with the ball at their feet WITH HIS HEAD!

Circa 2000-2001 I think.

MArtin Thomas

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
rool said:

Chris Hutchins must be worth a place

:clap:

Didn't he get nicked whilst playing for Chelsea v Brighton after the infamous Chelsea pitch invasion in Sept 83 ?

What was he charged with ?

and wasn't it soon after we signed him ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There was a bloke in the programme at Christmas who got mentioned - scored a goal from the halfway line with his head and killed someone when they clashed heads. That's quite hard isn't it?

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
As I remember Norman Gall never use to take many prisoners, I think it was John Sainty of Bournmouth, who once he had upended him managed to kick him 2 or 3 times more before he crumpled to the ground.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
The Wookiee said:
But he shit it from Corky :lolol:

Actually he gave Cork a good slapping at the training ground, hence why Cork went 'missing' for a week or so when Cameron departed, not a pretty site. Cameron was described by Oatway as a f**king nutter, praise indeed.

Cork was an arshole, who had already been decked by a fan for being a tosser

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How about Gerry Armstrong, wasn't he involved in an incident with a spectator at a friendly game in somewhere like Shoreham.

Didn't Adam El-Abd square up to Charlie in a training ground incident, when he was still 16, that must have taken some balls...allegedly.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
Black N Tan said:
As I remember Norman Gall never use to take many prisoners, I think it was John Sainty of Bournmouth, who once he had upended him managed to kick him 2 or 3 times more before he crumpled to the ground.

Why say in 1 post what you can say in 3:lolol:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Ozymandias said:
Actually he gave Cork a good slapping at the training ground, hence why Cork went 'missing' for a week or so when Cameron departed, not a pretty site. Cameron was described by Oatway as a f**king nutter, praise indeed.

Cork was an arshole, who had already been decked by a fan for being a tosser

Hence thats why i followed it with the :lolol: smilie

Buzzer said:
Mickey Thomas! That bloke was a nutter. He makes other nutters like Mark Dennis look tame in comparison.

As they say in football cliches - could start an argument in an empty room.

Are we allowed to include Mark Dennis in this. After all, he did sign for us but I can't remember if he ever actually played

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Black N Tan said:

You must be nearly as old as me if you can remember all of those but what about Sammy Morgan who when getting up from a tackle against Gillingham stood on the geezers ankle and pulled him up. Hence the bloke, cant remember his name, wacked Morgan and got sent off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here