Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hardest Brighton XI

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Gully said:
How about Gerry Armstrong, wasn't he involved in an incident with a spectator at a friendly game in somewhere like Shoreham.

It was a Sussex Senior cup game against Southwick at Old Barn Way. The twat was heckling sir Gerry of Armstrong through the game and mouthed him off thinking he was safe. Gerry in one giant leap cleared the barrier in the main stand and nutted him. It was so funny as the kid was trying to get him done and everyone was cheering Gerry:bowdown: :bowdown: I have played against Gerry on a Sunday morning and he is one hard bastard and a really dirty player as well:)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BensGrandad said:
You must be nearly as old as me if you can remember all of those but what about Sammy Morgan who when getting up from a tackle against Gillingham stood on the geezers ankle and pulled him up. Hence the bloke, cant remember his name, wacked Morgan and got sent off.

Just had eldest son phone me up and said' Dad you are wrong it was away against Cambridge Utd I remember it well I was only a young kid but remember the incident down by the corner flag in front of us.'

It is something when the children can remember better than you.

Last edited:

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Cullip's a pussy, all mouth and defo not worth a place in our hardest 11. Anyone remember the Birmingham team in the 80's who even the Zulu's considered to be harder than their firm? I can only think of Mark Dennis, Robert Hopkins, maybe Mick Harford and I believe they had a right tear up on holiday somewhere, possibly Spain.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Bluejuice said:
I'd have

Adam El Abd
El-Abd, El-Abd, El-Abd, El-Abd
El-Abd, El-Abd, El-Abd, El-Abd
El-Abd & El-Abd

Any chances El Abd may have had of making this XI have gone with his poncy over reactions recently. Case, Kraay, Clark etc would never had fallen to the floor clutching their faces like he does.

I must put forwatd the case for Andy Rollins - not a dirty player put hard as nails as anyone who saw his battles with Justin Fashanu would vouch for.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
got to have oatway in there then

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Dawson, Horton and Clark are right up there, I remember Graham Winstanley as no shrinking violet either. Mickey Thomas was actually a niggly little twat in the Robbie Savage mould, but affective.

Jimbo26

Jan 25, 2007
Portslade Old Village
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
Any chances El Abd may have had of making this XI have gone with his poncy over reactions recently. Case, Kraay, Clark etc would never had fallen to the floor clutching their faces like he does.

I must put forwatd the case for Andy Rollins - not a dirty player put hard as nails as anyone who saw his battles with Justin Fashanu would vouch for.
Did it involve bending down in the shower ??

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Corrigan
Hopkins, Jennings, Turner, Ley
Horton, Case, Virgo
Dawson, Bobby Smith, Duffy

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Harry Wilson at left back could be a hard nut when wanted to be !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here