Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Mondays - Live Brighton Pier

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
Oh I don't want anything for them. I've never even heard of this band, and didn't apply for the tickets myself, so I'm definitely not after money! It just depends on whether my sister is going to take all 4 or not. If she doesn't, theyre yours THPP.

Now I DEFFO don't believe you! :lolol:

But if I DID then that would be almost certainly The Best Thing in the World Ever. Can you get your sister to pick up the tickets? And I'll meet her somewhere in BN1 and take them off your hands in exchange for cash/Pet Shop Boys tkt/donation to REMF. Seriously, that is THE hot ticket. And I refuse to believe you've not heard of Happy Mondays unless you're about four years old. :lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why don't you believe me?!

She did say they were quite good and worth a bit of money, but I really have NO interest in them. Oh, and I have never heard of Happy Mondays:lolol:

Maybe if I had applied myself, I would take your money, but it hasn't cost me a penny!

Will they let my sister pick them up by the way? She obviously has the same surname, but she's not going to pass as me!

Dunno. Presumably there will be someplace in BN1 you have to go to pick 'em up before the gig. Or maybe on the pier itself by showing yer phone or something. I'm sure they'll give out full details on what to do on or before the day aye? Else it'll be a pretty-sparsely attended gig. There's no-one THERE :lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They phoned me up yesterday which was interesting. The conversation was something like this:

Woman: Hello, this is Katie, phoning about the t-mobile Happy Mondays gig on Brighton Pier next week.

Me: You what?

Woman: I'm calling about the tickets you have won to see Happy Mondays in Brighton.

Me: Who?

Woman: You have won tickets in the draw to see Happy Mondays at the Brighton festival sponsored by t-mobile.

(Brighton festival suddenly registers, and I realise what my sister has done)

Me: Oh, yes, I can't wait for it!

Anyway, back to the point. There are no tickets as such. She told me I have to go to the pier next Thursday morning to pick up a wristband to see HM, then I can go somewhere else on the seafront to pick up another wristband which allows me to see all the other gigs for 3 days. The problem I forsee is that I probably won't be in Brighton myself, so we need to see if they will give the tickets to someone else or change my name on their list of winners. They are going to send me an email anyway, and I still need to check whether my sister wants them, so I'll let you know later.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
They phoned me up yesterday which was interesting. The conversation was something like this:

Woman: Hello, this is Katie, phoning about the t-mobile Happy Mondays gig on Brighton Pier next week.

Me: You what?

Woman: I'm calling about the tickets you have won to see Happy Mondays in Brighton.

Me: Who?

Woman: You have won tickets in the draw to see Happy Mondays at the Brighton festival sponsored by t-mobile.

(Brighton festival suddenly registers, and I realise what my sister has done)

Me: Oh, yes, I can't wait for it!

FFS :angry: I had a missed call from an unknown number last night at around 7pm :angry:

D

Deleted User X18H

The Wookiee said:
Its not called Palace Pier any more, hasn't been for about the last 5 years or so:clap:
Its The PALACE PIER BRIGHTON and anyone who says other wise is a ****.

D

Deleted User X18H

I didn't it was **** C onsidered N ot U niversal T erminolgy

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I hate to tell you this, but my call was at 18:22 according to my mobile, so it may well have been them trying to phone you:lolol:
that was the missed call

i got the text

but i got the password , any chance you can PM me where on the pier you can pick up the wristbands?

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Why don't you believe me?!

She did say they were quite good and worth a bit of money, but I really have NO interest in them. Oh, and I have never heard of Happy Mondays:lolol:

This is more a travesty of justice than Beech Hut not getting 53 tickets for West Ham!! :lolol:

I can't believe that anyone hasn't heard of the Mondays. Oh well for those of you that haven't their new site is now live with some cracking videos on there:

http://www.happymondaysonline.com/

Yeah MAN!

If anyone else has any tickets they don't want PLEASE drop me a line.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cheers for letting us know anyways TCB. Good man :clap:

I've posted a 'Wanted' thread in theTicket Exchange - which alarmingly I seem to have started all the threads in :ohmy: - just in case anybody has a spare on the day and wants bought free beers all night... :drink:

Last edited:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Just out of interest, but are you on T-Moble RICHARD? Just wondered if they've selectly people purely on their phone network :)

I'm on 3 and I BLUDDY wanted a ticket :(

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Carrot Cruncher said:
Just out of interest, but are you on T-Moble RICHARD? Just wondered if they've selectly people purely on their phone network :)

I'm on 3 and I BLUDDY wanted a ticket :(

I got the tickets via the press people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here