Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Mondays - Live Brighton Pier

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Yeah I've applied for tickets but heard nothing as of yet.

Also see that Transmission is coming to Brighton soon and you can apply for audience tickets.. not sure who is on that particular week though.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It’s due south for T-Mobile Street Gigs as we present The Great Escape – a three day helping of Brighton rock ‘n’ roll – with a unique Street Gigs twist, making this the coast with the most over the weekend.

There’ll be a wave of 200 bands hitting Brighton, including a select number of intimate one-off T-Mobile Street Gigs. And for the opening gig we’ve netted quite a catch – even for a seaside town. The Happy Mondays will be taking it away, with exclusive tracks from their new album with the working title of Freaky Funky Fish and Chips on Thursday 17 May on Brighton Pier.

As with all T-Mobile Street Gigs, artist and venue go together like salt ‘n’ vinegar. In Shaun’s words “I love Brighton. Like us it’s sleazy and mucky and cool and funky, that’s why I wanna come down with our new band and play our new songs. Bez wants to play the Dolphin Derby all day; Gaz has challenged Norman Cook to a football match and I’m gonna bring my mountain bike to go across the Downs…”

Plus if you’re selected for the guest list, you’ll also have unlimited access to the rest of The Great Escape festival. For your chance to be one of the lucky few to stroll down the pier on the night, sign up before 11am on Friday 11 May.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
:thumbsup:

thanks Wookie - I'd love to be on the guest list for the Mondays.

What do you reckon Ryder's riders are (so to speak)?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Woodchip said:
Where's Brighton Pier? I've heard of Palace Pier and West Pier, but this Brighton Pier is new to me.

Its not called Palace Pier any more, hasn't been for about the last 5 years or so:clap:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Just WHERE on Brighton pier would this take place? Theres not a lot of space anywhere, surely not Horatios...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How do you get past the bastid sign-up page. Fill in all fields and it comes back and tells me to fill all the fields correctly with no hints or tips or anything. Is there an obscure 'I Agree' tickbox on the page anywhere. or does it just not work from AOL?

And yes I have tried switching it off and on again. Twice.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tom Hark said:
How do you get past the bastid sign-up page. Fill in all fields and it comes back and tells me to fill all the fields correctly with no hints or tips or anything. Is there an obscure 'I Agree' tickbox on the page anywhere. or does it just not work from AOL?

And yes I have tried switching it off and on again. Twice.

Actually, switching it off and on a THIRD time worked :blush:

Name's in the hat :clap2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
I have won 2 tickets for this, not that I have EVER heard of this "Happy Mondays" lot. My sister used my phone number to enter the draw, and we BOTH won, so she now has 4 tickets. I'll have to check, but I just might have 2 spares.

I'll buy one off ya TCB - or swap for a Pet Shop Boys ticket :thumbsup:

Assuming it's not a wind-up :down:

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
The transmission line-up is a bit disappointing too;

Scissor Sisters (how predictable!), Cold War Kids, The Gossip and Pull Tiger Tail.

Still holding out for news on the Mondays!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here