• Already left - I want to come home

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • My flight have been booked

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Want to but where/when?

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • Want to but can't becuase of work/family/financial reasons

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I was born here, I shall die here (for the patriots)

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Have no desire to leave this green and pleasant land

Votes: 24 27.0%

• Total voters

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Surprised by you lot. This is far and away the best country in the world.
And I say that as one living oop north, you lucky lads living in GOSBTS must be mad to consider leaving.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Rool,don't dismiss your chances,i have been told that Aus & N/Z don't just judge the parents. It is the future they look to,your kids. Good Luck.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I love the UK, especially the county that I now live in, but I don't feel compelled to stay here forever. I have already tried the living abroad bit, for something in excess of 8 years in several different countries and have to say it was a really good experience. Could or would I want to leave again, hard to say, there is little to keep me here and I can't honestly say that the idea of living somewhere warmer or sunnier doesn't appeal. I have given serious thoughts to quitting work by my mid 50's and heading off to somewhere like South Africa, though I might settle for somewhere a little closer, probably within Europe. I guess that I am lucky that I have freedom of choice, many others do not, I am looking to change job next year and may even leave then if I can't find something in the UK that appeals.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The grass is always greener on the other side as they say.

Other countries have just as many problems as us, you just don't usually here abut them as much. I am currently perfectly happy living here, but would have no hesitation about a spell abroad if the option arose. Not because I in any way think that this country has "gone to the dogs", but rater for the experience.

That's right. This country is the fourth richest in the world; it has a lower crime rate than most other industrial countries; it has great weather, never too hot or too cold - there are plenty of places that are worse, far worse.

I would like to live abroad at some point, not because I'm fed up with the UK especially but just to sample a different culture/way of life.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
That's right. This country is the fourth richest in the world; it has a lower crime rate than most other industrial countries; it has great weather, never too hot or too cold - there are plenty of places that are worse, far worse.

I would like to live abroad at some point, not because I'm fed up with the UK especially but just to sample a different culture/way of life.

4th richest using what metric?

GDP PPP per capita - 11th
GDP per capita - 13th
GDP nominal - 5th
GDP PPP - 6th

Only the per capita ones can be seen as a real measure. Still, you're a lot richer than most of the countries people seem to head to a better life in.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
GB = Best Place in the world, by a mile, and I've visited over 50 countries worldwide.

There's simply no where like it. Good standard of living, stunningly beautiful, Fantastic tolerant people.

Ya know it makes sense

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
4th richest using what metric?

GDP PPP per capita - 11th
GDP per capita - 13th
GDP nominal - 5th
GDP PPP - 6th

Only the per capita ones can be seen as a real measure. Still, you're a lot richer than most of the countries people seem to head to a better life in.

National wealth would include interest on investments so GNP would be a more accurate measure.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

Forgot about the weather. Tis true, never too hot or cold. This year, so far. had 2 months in Thailand, 1 month in Malaysia and Singapore , 1 month in Vietnam, 1 month in HK and China. All without exception, horrible humid weather

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
there is alot wrong with it but there is also so much that is right with it! I couldnt live anyware else! miht vist oz nd usa for a year or two but ive will always come bk here!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Left about four years ago but not becuase I was in anyway unhappy in England. You've just got to get around, see the world and experience new things while you can.

I don't remember it being nearly as bad as a lot of the whinging old shit bags on here like to make out, and I always have a BALL when I visit.

Home's home, and exotic foreign shores nearly always seem more appealing, but I know I'm not going to be gone for good. England has the best PIES and ALE in the world. :)

Stumpy Tim

Been here for 4 1/2 years now, and I love it. But one option that doesn't appear is "Love it abroad, but never say never"... I have no plans to move back to the UK in the short-term, but who knows... family & friends will always be in the UK, and that's something Australia doesn't have for me.

Apart from family & friends, Sydney doesn't have as much culture (ie West End) like London, but then how often would I use it anyway? I go home once a year & make sure I take in a show. That's probably half the number of times I took advantage of the West End a year when I lived in London so no huge loss.

UK isn't that bad... I moved away after a bad relationship but I'm so glad I did. Just miss the family a bit

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The grass is always greener isn't it ? Whether somewhere is better so often depnds on your personal circumstances. I have looked at the US and Canada several times over the years but it's not that easy to get there to live nowadays and the US doesn't appeal now anyway. I could consider moving to the Philippines but even she doesn't want to live there !

I am quite happy here as things stand and honestly believe a lot of people don't appreciate what they have here.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
London's the best place in the world for me.....

brilliant restaurants, and you can literally have any cuisine the world has to offer here

great people, don't care what anyone says the English are some of the most charismatic around.

culture and history in abundance.

amazing night life.

Brighton down the road.

great gigs.

paid a shed load.

yep, wouldn't consider moving.

Andy the turk

Jan 12, 2007
Didim Altinkum/Turkey
Hi from Turkey

Moved out last year with Mrs & 9 year old son and we are loving it

I wouldent slag off the UK as its an easy thing to do i am English and proud of it the Uk not a bad place to live i just felt time to stop complaining about my life and try somthing new, Living in another country not for everyone

But for us its been a great year no regreats,i miss my football and the away trips with the Albion but we will return for a visit soon and i will be cheering the Albion on with all of you again.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
National wealth would include interest on investments so GNP would be a more accurate measure.

Finding it hard to find a ranked GNP figure from a source I trust.

http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/infopays/rank/PNBH2.html has the UK as 12th, per capita; I can't find any nominal rankings and don't really have the time to but you could easily be 4th in that just due to size of the country compared to the smaller countries (liechenstein, luxembourg, ireland, bermuda, etc) above in that listing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here