• Already left - I want to come home

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • My flight have been booked

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Want to but where/when?

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • Want to but can't becuase of work/family/financial reasons

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I was born here, I shall die here (for the patriots)

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Have no desire to leave this green and pleasant land

Votes: 24 27.0%

• Total voters

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
2 kids aged 9months and 4 years with the 4 yr old about to start school are the only thing keeping me here! Missus doesn't want to leave her family but I would leave this dump without a second thought. Crime (of which I have obvious knowledge), immigration out of control and a soul-less uncaring society populated by increasing numbers of scrounging, cynical thieving bastards who think the world owes them something are just a few of the reasons I want out, there are many more but I struggle to counter those negative views with enough good reasons to want to stay.

I retire from the job in 15 years and will be on the first plane out to retire in Oz near where my sister lives. Good quality of life, low cost of living, great weather, love their sport, ice cold beer, miles of open space and not a white tracksuited cocknobbing lambrini chugging pasty faced tosser in sight.

Why would you not get outta here now? My brother went to Canada with Kids almost identicle ages to yours (infact his baby was only 4 months old). It's a bind for them, but it's amazing how well kids adjust and his baby girl is now 6 years old and speaks French well, as it's taught from a young age in parts of Canada.

I am seriously thinking of joining him, I'm dragging my wife and 3 kids over there in the Spring for a holiday to see it for myself!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
If I could I would be out of here like a shot
The country's gone to the dogs. Crime is on the increase. Kids of 11 and 12 are getting shot or stabbed and human life seems all too cheap to some of the people that are doing it. I don't think anywhere in England is particularly nice anymore for one reason or another.
I would miss the Albion and friends but there is no way i'd go all misty eyed about "home". Cue Paul Young . . . !!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd like to live in France but my missus wouldn't want to go as she doesn't speak the lingo. Very few other places appeal though.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
2 kids aged 9months and 4 years with the 4 yr old about to start school are the only thing keeping me here! Missus doesn't want to leave her family but I would leave this dump without a second thought. Crime (of which I have obvious knowledge), immigration out of control and a soul-less uncaring society populated by increasing numbers of scrounging, cynical thieving bastards who think the world owes them something are just a few of the reasons I want out, there are many more but I struggle to counter those negative views with enough good reasons to want to stay.

I retire from the job in 15 years and will be on the first plane out to retire in Oz near where my sister lives. Good quality of life, low cost of living, great weather, love their sport, ice cold beer, miles of open space and not a white tracksuited cocknobbing lambrini chugging pasty faced tosser in sight.

Hit the nail right on the head !!

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Why would you not get outta here now? My brother went to Canada with Kids almost identicle ages to yours (infact his baby was only 4 months old). It's a bind for them, but it's amazing how well kids adjust and his baby girl is now 6 years old and speaks French well, as it's taught from a young age in parts of Canada.

I am seriously thinking of joining him, I'm dragging my wife and 3 kids over there in the Spring for a holiday to see it for myself!

I'm working on it! It's a long term plan with my wife, a war of attrition. Subtle little touches on a daily basis like for instance now and again buying the daily mail or express and leaving it open on some ridiculously exaggerated story to highlight how crap the UK has become or returning home from work and recounting how dangerous it is getting (well actually that's true). Off to visit my sister next year in Oz (she got dual citizenship) and she is in on my evil master plan to escape the UK... cue maniacal laugh........

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
To somewhat answer the question, I'm not particularly happy with Ireland but I've seen enough of other countries in Europe to see that the only other ones I'd be comparatively as happy living in would be Switzerland or Germany, and even then the Germanic way of life would quickly drive me insane. I've already lived in the UK (albeit for a fairly short period) and I'm in the UK probably every three weeks on average recently (Belfast/Portrush rather than GB mind), can't say I'd be any more pushed to live there than here.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Somerset is great - relaxed pace of life, not overly expensive, friendly people (on the whole anyway) Had you asked me 2 years ago i woud have said that i wanted to move abroad. But then i moved here and all that has changed.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Having a debate about this the other day. At 19 I'm already beginning to wonder whether living in England all my life is good choice. It's hard to feel patriotic about a country that has so many problems compared to other countries

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
None of the above apply specifically. The missus, who's Spanish anyway, and I are building a place in Galicia which we'll use as a holiday home until we're ready to go there permanently - about 10 years and I'm away, I reckon.

I'll still be making trips back here to watch the club for sure, but I don't want to be an old man in this country - it's far too dangerous already, f*** knows what it'll be like in a few more years; as much as I still love it here, I'll be living out my dotage in rural Spain.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Having a debate about this the other day. At 19 I'm already beginning to wonder whether living in England all my life is goo

d choice. It's hard to feel patriotic about a country that has so many problems compared to other countries

Other countries have loads of problems too, It's just...it's hardly big news to us if something happens in Sweden or Norway etc?

I take Sweden as an example, It's always held up as somewhere ordered and tranquil to live, free of problems. Yet I've got to know some Swede's and they report back to me that it isn't all sweetness and light.

In life, nothing's perfect. Just depends what take on reality you have. Right now I can't imagine living anywhere but UK. Sure it would be nice to live somewhere that looks pretty like Canada or Switzerland, but in the end I don't really think it's me.

I would also disagree with the statement England has gone to the dogs, it was never perfect to start with and that's why (some of us anyway) love it.

:thumbsup:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Loads of Swedes top themselves, or self-harm, or....leave Sweden.

That must suggest just a little something about their homeland?

There's bugger-all to do in Sweden (other than shag great looking Evas, Lottes and Ingelas :thumbsup: )

Isn't that Norway and due to that period of total dark over 3 months of the year?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
God....the Albion arnt going to have any fans left over here to fill Falmer...unless we can get some immigrants interested.:ohmy:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Once the kids are off our hands then we plan to retire abroad - probably France

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Other countries have loads of problems too, It's just...it's hardly big news to us if something happens in Sweden or Norway etc?

I take Sweden as an example, It's always held up as somewhere ordered and tranquil to live, free of problems. Yet I've got to know some Swede's and they report back to me that it isn't all sweetness and light.

In life, nothing's perfect. Just depends what take on reality you have. Right now I can't imagine living anywhere but UK. Sure it would be nice to live somewhere that looks pretty like Canada or Switzerland, but in the end I don't really think it's me.

I would also disagree with the statement England has gone to the dogs, it was never perfect to start with and that's why (some of us anyway) love it.

:thumbsup:

The grass is always greener on the other side as they say.

Other countries have just as many problems as us, you just don't usually here abut them as much. I am currently perfectly happy living here, but would have no hesitation about a spell abroad if the option arose. Not because I in any way think that this country has "gone to the dogs", but rater for the experience.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
The grass is always greener on the other side as they say.

Other countries have just as many problems as us, you just don't usually here abut them as much. I am currently perfectly happy living here, but would have no hesitation about a spell abroad if the option arose. Not because I in any way think that this country has "gone to the dogs", but rater for the experience.

Oh yeah, i agree other countries have as many problems as we do. It's just little things about this country get annoying, such as the amount of people living here as an example.

I suppose i'm taking all the positives from a trip to New Zealand, and comparing them with the negatives of England!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here