Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hands up all those who will blub like a girl when they take their seat at Falmer

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On a related subject, I am pleased to note that MK are one of the clubs that sell chicken balti pies at their stadium outlets. That is my pre-match snack-ette sorted for tomorrow then. MMMMMMMM. Pies :drool:

Scarey-toothed dolphin under the arm, balti pie in hand. Oh my days, tomorrows going to be BRILLO, wish I was going now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's when this lot play 'Sussex By The Sea' that the tears will flow

57258712.jpg

Anybody know if we're having a proper marching band day one?

or these:

Sorry it didnt work I was trying to copy and paste a picture of the massed band of The Brigade of Gurads or the band of The Grenadier Gurads

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Will there be a separate blubbers section?

1.jpg

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I fully expect a slow motion sequence scored with Take That's 'Perfect Day' to accompany taking my seat.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
:wave:

Looking at Jack's pictures and remembering the first time I got to see the old Wembley ( england vs Italy 1972), walking up wembley way,around the concourse and then up the stairs, to be faced with this magnificent site of a full house, beautiful lush green pitch and feeling the atmosphere.

I cant wait till 2011 and our dream comes true.

All by your self, try 2012 :lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's when this lot play 'Sussex By The Sea' that the tears will flow

57258712.jpg

Anybody know if we're having a proper marching band day one?

Considering the cost of the stadium it doesn't seem too much to ask to have something better than theb local school brass band.

Personally I want a big military band and fireworks.

And yes, I'm not ashamed to say I will be blubbing like a baby :falmer:

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
I have a disk L4/L5 which has started to degenerate and is pressing on the spinal column and I saw a rhumatologist who scared the crap out of me suggesting one fall and I was in a wheelchair! The Orthopaedic surgeon this morning was of a different and 100% more positive opinion

Thats good mate!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Considering the cost of the stadium it doesn't seem too much to ask to have something better than theb local school brass band.

Personally I want a big military band and fireworks.

And yes, I'm not ashamed to say I will be blubbing like a baby :falmer:

I would like one of the best bands to play GOSBTS which means it will have to be either The massed Band of The Brigade of Guards or The Grenadier Guards Band failing that the band of The Royal Marines anything else will be a let down and an anti climax.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I would like one of the best bands to play GOSBTS which means it will have to be either The massed Band of The Brigade of Guards or The Grenadier Guards Band failing that the band of The Royal Marines anything else will be a let down and an anti climax.
The Christ's Hospital School Band were absolutely superb when they played SBTS at Withdean for its official centenary in April 2007. I'd had no idea just how good their musicianship really is.

And if they were to perform SBTS at the Falmer opening we'd have a band of real Sussex kids on the pitch, giving it their all and representing the future of the county, and of the Albion. What could be better than that?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The biggest problem was that in the North Stand they couldnt be heard very well. I know that that wasnt entirely their fault as the sound transmitted throughout Withdean is awful but I feel that apart from the fact that both The Guards and The Marines are acknowledged to have the best military bands in the country we would be able to hear them.

Last edited:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
It makes me wonder how many people, who saw the Albion at the Goldstone/Priestfield/Withdean won't actually see the Albion at Falmer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here