Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hands up all those who will blub like a girl when they take their seat at Falmer

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I will too.

On the day of the Doncaster game, I took my son who was in a push chair at the time to the Goldstone. I didn't take him in, but I wanted him to see it, although unfortunately he has no memories of the day.

I took him on a regular basis to the arse end of Kent, and he has endured wind, rain and everything else that the elements can throw at us whilst we have been at the crap hole that is Withdean.

Next year, 14 years after we left The Goldsone we will move into our new home, and he can finally see The Albion in a real football stadium, one we can call home. Yes, I will probably cry like a baby.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Without a doubt, for the people who never got to see it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For christs sake MAN UP you lot.
Whats the opposition going to think when the teams take to the pitch to a deafening cacaphony of 15,000 middle-aged men blubbing uncontrollably into their Pukka Pies ?

(although I will probably be a contorted mess of snot and tears as well)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funny thing is, I heard Sussex by the Sea earlier today, and a similar thought occurred to me- how it could be quite emotional hearing that as the team run out at Falmer for the first time.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
It's when this lot play 'Sussex By The Sea' that the tears will flow

57258712.jpg

Anybody know if we're having a proper marching band day one?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For christs sake MAN UP you lot.
Whats the opposition going to think when the teams take to the pitch to a deafening cacaphony of 15,000 middle-aged men blubbing uncontrollably into their Pukka Pies ?

On a related subject, I am pleased to note that MK are one of the clubs that sell chicken balti pies at their stadium outlets. That is my pre-match snack-ette sorted for tomorrow then. MMMMMMMM. Pies :drool:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Reading this I'm gonna bagsy the kleenex concession at Falmer, make a killing.

And no Danny, you'll have to bring your own.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
On a related subject, I am pleased to note that MK are one of the clubs that sell chicken balti pies at their stadium outlets. That is my pre-match snack-ette sorted for tomorrow then. MMMMMMMM. Pies :drool:

I, on the other hand, mistakenly informed my wife that there was an 'Ikea' nearby which means we will be having meatballs, chips and Daim Bars [sic] beforehand.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Looking at the pictures on the Net make me well up.

When I first saw the site in the flesh it was a very sobering sight.

I have a feeling that the first match there will be very emotional for most of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here