Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond support thread.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can everyone just get behind the bloke?i expect he regrets doing it and if he performs then so what.I'll be cheering his name when it's read out.don't understand people who go through life holding grudges about something that happened on the spur of the moment.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
He's a brighton player now Might not have been my first choice to be here But he's here I wont be booing

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Great signing and finally someone in the side who will provide a threat from set pieces

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Like many I was there when he scored against us at Withdean, and his "celebration" is the first thing that pops into my head when someone mentions Dean Hammond.

If he were to knock a few goals in then perhaps I will start to forget, but until he does I will be supporting the team, but not him.

Agreed, put much nicer than I would have put it :lol:

Murray- Scored for palace, refused to celebrate = Respect.
Hammond- Scored for saints, gave it the big one ALL the way down the South = No respect.

I will not boo him or give any abuse but by christ he's going to have to work hard to get any sort of respect from me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Everyone deserves a second chance - takes a bigger man to come back and apologise for something that he's done than to walk away and never look back!!!

He's a Brighton Player now and deserves our support surely we are better than to stand there and boo him!!! I will never boo an Albion player - the same as I would never boo Noone for going - in fact I will look out to see how well he's doing and wish him all the best.

I will not boo Noone either. But then Noone is a nice guy. Hammond was a billy big bollocks when he was at the club and his subsequent and unprovoked south stand gesture spoke volumes. He's a bad apple.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Get a mind of your own and don't just be a blind follower. If we signed ian huntly up front and put fred west as manager would you still cheer them?

Yes because that's a realistic comparison isn't it

Perhaps we can give Hammond a microphone and he can beg our fans forgiveness on the pitch before his first game.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perhaps we can give Hammond a microphone and he can beg our fans forgiveness on the pitch before his first game.

This could change my opinion of him.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I won't be cheering him yet. He'll have to earn that. But I most certainly will not be booing him.

If I hear anyone booing him around me they'll feel the back of my hand! Well, maybe just a filthy look.

goldstonegull

Feb 18, 2009
plymouth
Those of you who are sticking up for him, do not tell me that when he played at the Amex last year you didn't give him loads of abuse, and not just because he was playing for saints, He was a twat when he did what he did, and always will be in my eyes, didn't want him back, but wont boo him either.

Ur_havin_a_Laugh

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽&
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
In his interview he did say he has grown up now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't always feel the need to like someone who is involved with the Albion, I have always thought that Micky Adams was an abrasive little shit with small man complex but I loved what he did for us 1st time around

If Hammond scores goals and improves the squad why would I hold a moment of madness against him!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yes because that's a realistic comparison isn't it

OK a realistic one then:

Lee Hughes, killed someone while drink driving and ran away.
Marlon King, punched a 20 year old woman in the face breaking her nose and sexually assualted

If we signed either of these despicable human beings would all the "I'll cheer anyone in the stripes" brigade stick to their mantra?

I realise life isn't black and white but as far as I'm concerned I thought hammond was a total cock last week, and I'm afraid I can't just switch that emotion on and off just because he's signed for us. Perhaps when it comes to it I won't dish out any boos or abuse, but I won't be cheering his name ever and I hope he leaves at the end of the season.

A simple apology will make me much more comfortable with looking the other way on this.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I am glad he's back, he's a Brighton boy who was sold to balance the books. If things had been different and we had been financially stable at the time he may never have left. He 's a good player who will improve the squad. I don't care if he made a gestures when he scored and after the match its just pantomime stuff, get over it. And those of you saying he should apologise perhaps then some of you should then apologise to Gary Dicker, Ashley Barnes and Ryan Harley, because the level of abuse levelled at them is far worse than a heat of the moment gesture.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"It will be dream to play at this stadium as a Brighton player and I've been dreaming of that since of was a boy, with a Brighton shirt on."

Good enough for me.

This. Anyone who is even considering booing the only Brighton FAN in our entire squad, is a cretin.

He made a gesture in the heat of the moment, at a stand containing plenty of people who had hurled abuse at him (not just that night, but the whole time he was OUR player, too). Some of the reactions on here are pathetic. I never realised that there were so many 12 year old girls behind these NSC usernames.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am glad he's back, he's a Brighton boy who was sold to balance the books. If things had been different and we had been financially stable at the time he may never have left. He 's a good player who will improve the squad., get over it. And those of you saying he should apologise perhaps then some of you should then apologise to Gary Dicker, Ashley Barnes and Ryan Harley, because the level of abuse levelled at them is far worse than a heat of the moment gesture.

Good post

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I am glad he's back, he's a Brighton boy who was sold to balance the books. If things had been different and we had been financially stable at the time he may never have left. He 's a good player who will improve the squad. I don't care if he made a gestures when he scored and after the match its just pantomime stuff, get over it. And those of you saying he should apologise perhaps then some of you should then apologise to Gary Dicker, Ashley Barnes and Ryan Harley, because the level of abuse levelled at them is far worse than a heat of the moment gesture.

Entirely agree. He did a stupid thing, he knows it and he realises he needs to win the fans' trust back.
He's improved as a player, matured as a human being and I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings to the team.
Let's get behind him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here