Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hall to start , other development players involved - who do YOU want?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Based on the following 8 players:

Brez - Would be one of the best keepers in League 2
El Abd - Would be by a long way the best centre back in League 2
Vincelot - Would be an excellent player at that level, good player at League 1 level
Navarro - Can play League 1 so would be good at League 2
JFC - Has the talent to tear that league apart
Harley - A player of the season in League 1, so would be excellent if he could be arsed
Barnes - Scored around 20 at League 1 level, so add another 10 on that approx. at League Two.

Considering all that, how would that team NOT batter League 2?

I don't disagree with any of that but in League Two certain elements of that team might be found wanting. I'm not saying it would flop but batter might be too strong.

Anyway, Wreham will be well up for this game. We beat Sunderland when we weren't meant to, and almost got a result versus Liverpool so its not unusual, and it we treat Wreham with a lack of respect then we'll get beat, see Palace v Man U and Blackburn b Man U. It's not about the players necessarily either, it's the mentality they go into the game with. Hopefully Gus will have them properly up for it if it is a full DS team.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I suspect Navarro and Harley will both start, as they were on the bench for the Southampton game.

Forster-Caskey will also start for sure, so then its a question of whether we play a winger as in Buckley, or a diamond midfield, probably with Sparrow starting.

I think the team will be:

Brezovan
Sampayo - El-Abd - Hall - Vincelot
Navarro
Sparrow - Forster-Caskey
Harley
Barnes - Mackail-Smith

Subs: Ankergren, Calderon, Bridcutt, Kasim, Rodgers, Buckley, Agdestein.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He went off injured against Southampton, it didn't look too serious but I haven't heard anything about him since. :shrug:

He tweeted yesterday that he's been allowed to go back to Newcastle for the week and was going to get his hair bleached blonde. Sounds like he's been given the weekend off.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Brezovan
Vincelot~Hall~El-Abd~Sampayo
Bridcutt
Vicente~JFC~Sparrow
Barnes~CMS

Buckley as an impact sub if needed, or replacing Vicente at half time.

I'm not going to say it'll happen, but a cricket score would be great for morale.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
His scoring record over the last year or so for the development squad. Given the lack of return from our other strikers due to poor form or injuries why not give the kid a go.

How about his record at Bath?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
How about his record at Bath?

A 3 game stint at a club that he knows none of the players or their playing style?

Are we not training the youth to the development squad to the reserves to play the same system as the senior squad?

Dunk, Hall, Cook, Caskey had shown they were capable of making the step up, why not give another player who's done well in the same side as they have a go.

We've got nothing to lose and he might pleasantly surprise us all.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I thought all the youngsters did well today. Adgestein showed some nice touches and pace and had one cracking shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here