Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hall to start , other development players involved - who do YOU want?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
At Loxwood, his behaviour was disgraceful. He was also sent off so should fit readily into the 1st team.

Why was he swaering at the crowd?

Eugh, we could be embaressed putting out just the DS. Not taking anything away from them but Wrexham are a good side and will be well up for this. Banana skin all over it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Brezovan

Sampayo Hall El-Abd (c) Vincelot

Navarro
Kasim JFC Harley

Barnes Agdestien​

Subs: Ankergren, Rodgers, Simmonds, Barker, Cumming-Bart, Buckley and CMS
Why leave out Bridcutt, CMS, and Buckley?
We've got a week before and after this game, resting players is most likely to result in a long slog to north Wales for a replay, which will be worse for the players than playing this one game.

What happened with Kasim? I thought he looked quite good at Notts County.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Brezovan

Sampayo Hall El-Abd (c) Vincelot

Navarro
Kasim JFC Harley

Barnes Agdestien​

Subs: Ankergren, Rodgers, Simmonds, Barker, Cumming-Bart, Buckley and CMS

Looks about right, perhaps with Bridcutt, Vicente ( and Calderon if fit ) on the bench though

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Saw him at Lancing too start a fight with Al Bangura

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Palace in the next round so we can beat them twice in one week? (Assuming we get past wrexham, of course).

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
We have a few little problems within the squad though and I need to decide if I should take a few little risks or not. Right now I'd say that I won't take any risks.

is Gus talking about the injuries or somthing else

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I know we have mixed experiences of putting out a 'weakened' team in the FA Cup from last season, but I think the setup is so very different now.

The Development squad really is just that now - they play the same way as the 1st team and from the evidence so far this season, are able to slot straight into the 1st team almost seamlessly.

Rather than the slight dread I felt when we did they by choice before, I'm actually more exhilerated to be able to see some of these quality younger players at the Amex in Saturday.

So, I say we should trust in Gus and look forward to watching a mix of talented youth and experience on Saturday that provide a glimpse of the future once the training ground is up and running.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we put that team out we'll lose.

Strange isn't it, though? That team would comfortably destroy League Two, and I reckon have a reasonable chance of faring well in League One. So why are all the rules different when it's an FA Cup game?

It's the same reason I didn't buy people having a go at Gus for fielding a "weak" team in the draw against FCUM last season. That "weakened" side included Tarricco, Bennett, Bridcutt, Barnes, Kish, etc. It should've utterly destroyed FCUM.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Strange isn't it, though? That team would comfortably destroy League Two

On what basis do you think that?! I'm not so sure, a lot of the players individually are good enough for League Two, has to be a question mark over Adgestein/Kasim/Sampayo though. Would that team beat Crawley in a league game.

The problem with a cup game is that Wrexham will want to be 'giant killers'. It's a special game and they'll update thier play respectively!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd like to see Simmonds and Agdestein get some playing time at least.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
On what basis do you think that?! I'm not so sure, a lot of the players individually are good enough for League Two, has to be a question mark over Adgestein/Kasim/Sampayo though. Would that team beat Crawley in a league game.

Based on the following 8 players:

Brez - Would be one of the best keepers in League 2
El Abd - Would be by a long way the best centre back in League 2
Vincelot - Would be an excellent player at that level, good player at League 1 level
Navarro - Can play League 1 so would be good at League 2
JFC - Has the talent to tear that league apart
Harley - A player of the season in League 1, so would be excellent if he could be arsed
Barnes - Scored around 20 at League 1 level, so add another 10 on that approx. at League Two.

Considering all that, how would that team NOT batter League 2?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here