Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hall to start , other development players involved - who do YOU want?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Gus Poyet has confirmed that 20-year-old defender Grant Hall is in line for his full Albion debut in the FA Cup against Wrexham this Saturday, after he was introduced as a second-half substitute for his first senior appearance against Southampton last Monday.
Skipper Gordon Greer will miss the fixture as he begins a three-game suspension, while Lewis Dunk completes a two-game ban. Mauricio Taricco (hamstring) misses out through injury, meaning development squad Ben Sampayo could step in at right-back.
Poyet told seagulls.co.uk, "Grant is going to play on Saturday and there is no doubt about that. I have no worries about him playing so I hope he doesn't either. I'm looking forward to it and he will be in centre-half.
"Grant is another of the players who has improved a lot within the last six months with Luke Williams and with Charlie Oatway. He's a totally different player from when I first arrived.
"He does not panic when he has got to pass the ball out of defence and he played in a position I have never seen him play in before against Southampton, so I'm very pleased with him."
Poyet also has Ashley Barnes, Romain Vincelot and Alan Navarro available for selection after suspension, while the Albion boss has suggested he may also introduce other development squad players in addition to Sampayo for the third round tie.
The Albion boss, whoalso has the luxury of seven subs for the FA Cup, added, "There are opportunities for the players again. Barnes and Vincelot were not happy about getting sent-off and now is their chance to impress again.
"We have a few little problems within the squad though and I need to decide if I should take a few little risks or not. Right now I'd say that I won't take any risks.
"I'm tempted to play the whole development squad but if I did that people might say that I'm not respecting the opposition, the fans or the cup. But that is not true and I'm trying to do what's best for this club and the players in the league.
"Ben Sampayo will probably be involved to a certain degree and he will be training with today. Development squad midfielders will be too, which includes Anton Rodgers, Yaser Kasim and then Torbjorn Agdestein as an attacker."
Craig Noone (hamstring), Marcos Painter (hamstring), Inigo Calderon (knee) and Will Hoskins (knee) are also doubtful, while Gary Dicker (broken leg) and Tommy Elphick (Achilles) continue their recovery from long-term injury.

Hopefully Yaser Kasim starts. Only seen him a couple of times but he looks an excellent midfielder. Strong, hard working, likes a tackle and good on the ball.

Be good to see how Sampayo does too, given our lack of depth at full back

Oct 25, 2003
kasim, sampayo, rogers and simmonds are all players that i'd like to see in the FLESH again after being impressed by them in the SSC final

oh, and RAPHAEL ROSSI BRANCO obviously

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hopefully Yaser Kasim starts. Only seen him a couple of times but he looks an excellent midfielder. Strong, hard working, likes a tackle and good on the ball.

Be good to see how Sampayo does too, given our lack of depth at full back

Yaser has a nasty temper though. Guaranteed at least a yellow if he plays.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I hope he puts a few first teamers in, we need to make sure we get through this round so we can beat another Premier League team at the Amex again!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Would like to see Agdenstein and Rodgers involved to see what we have up front incase of difficulty?

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Yaser has a nasty temper though. Guaranteed at least a yellow if he plays.

Not necessarily a bad thing - you've got to love a holding midfielder who is a bit of a bastard. Bridcutt is far too nice and composed for any shenanigans

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I want us to put out our strongest available team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I hope he puts a few first teamers in, we need to make sure we get through this round so we can beat another Premier League team at the Amex again!

Not in the 4th round please. The fourth round date is 4 days before Palace. We need some mundane L2 cannon-fodder in that one, not Man Utd or Arsenal - last thing we need is the squad taking their eye off the REAL ball. Again.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not in the 4th round please. The fourth round date is 4 days before Palace. We need some mundane L2 cannon-fodder in that one, not Man Utd or Arsenal - last thing we need is the squad taking their eye off the REAL ball. Again.

This.

Hell I would even take a Wrexham win.

NOTHING absolutely NOTHING must take the players or Gus attention away from THE most important game this season now. The only consolation is that this game will be done and dusted by the time we play those bastards.

Also Palace have their own 2nd leg semi final the week before to contend with.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
March is a good shout, and Agdestein. We have to be careful though, because as has been said, we do want to make sure we actually WIN.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

Agreed. A nice easy home game that our reserves can stroll through, ideally with Palace getting past Derby this weekend and having a really tough cup tie in the 4th round!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sounds like saturday could be a very entertaining and interesting game, shame I'm going to miss it.

I'd like to see at least three youngsters getting a taste of first action. Wrexham will be right up for it and with a few new players given the opportunity to impress Gus I suspect we will be too.

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
Yaser Kasim looked a quality player in SSC final, reminds me of Bridders, seems to be moulded as a future replacement and would slot in the bridders role no problem.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Brezovan

Sampayo Hall El-Abd (c) Vincelot

Navarro
Kasim JFC Harley

Barnes Agdestien​

Subs: Ankergren, Rodgers, Simmonds, Barker, Cumming-Bart, Buckley and CMS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here