Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

halftime pitch invasion at goldstone ground?

lyndon

Nov 12, 2006
who was there when liam brady came out at half time to talk with us?! we went on to win 1-0. was anyone else on there?

lyndon

Nov 12, 2006
junior mcdougall scoring an impressive header if i remember rightly. good to have met you in a not really meeting way.

Sep 12, 2006
liam brady stood on my toe, i loved it. i was only about 14 at the time and vowed never to wash my foot again...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I was there - must have been 9 or 10 years old. Can't say I took part in the invasion.

I seemed to find it all quite entertaining at the time - especially when Brady came out to address the fans!

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Caveman said:
Yeah I was there indeed, one of my friends got banned shortly after that for the invasion. Must admit I got a bit nervous after a couple of the old pitch invasions, Carlisle springs to mind.

why nervous about the carlisle game? i got their fans to join us on the pitch after the game(they had been lurking at the top of the east terrace watching us and the plod were not happy when they joined us for a love in on the pitch)loads of shirts got swapped that day.

you could say i pre-empted fans united by a good 10 months

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I was there...started in the north and ended up in the west.Good atmosphere in the west standing behind the dug out.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
No it was Notts county.Lincoln was the one where we started off outside and came in the east terrace FOC at half time!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I was there, my picture is in a 4-4-2 from that exact time talking to Liam Brady on the pitch. Same picture was in the club shop for 50 quid a few years later.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
This thread made me go through my old Goldstone/Bellottiwanker/Archerwanker paper cuttings last night and I found an old picture of this match and there I am in the centre circle...

I remember our group started off right next to the players tunnel on the North Stand side and whoosh, just like that we were all on the pitch in the centre circle...

We used to throw Mars Bars back up into the West Stand at Bellottiwanker too and he went running to the paper saying he was hit by a clump of metal, it was a f***ing MARS BAR YOU TIT.

Last edited:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
The half time sit in was against Notts County. The game where everyone went in the East Terrace after the initial boycott was against Mansfield. There was a pitch invasion against Lincoln that led to points being docked.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Tubby Mondays said:
The half time sit in was against Notts County. The game where everyone went in the East Terrace after the initial boycott was against Mansfield. There was a pitch invasion against Lincoln that led to points being docked.

Cheers, fella - knew Lincoln figured in there somewhere! :bowdown:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Yep, I was on the pitch too.

I remember talking to Liam, who was trying to calm us all down.

The Irishman was talking with his hands a lot - if you know what I mean. Rather like an Italian.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here