Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

halftime pitch invasion at goldstone ground?

Sep 12, 2006
Soul Finger said:
Yep, I was on the pitch too.

I remember talking to Liam, who was trying to calm us all down.

The Irishman was talking with his hands a lot - if you know what I mean. Rather like an Italian.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: please insert this into the un-PC thread

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What did Liam Brady actually say to the people in the middle? I was at that game and have been wondering ever since.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Man of Harveys said:
What did Liam Brady actually say to the people in the middle? I was at that game and have been wondering ever since.

My guess would be something like: "Don't worry lads, even if the Goldstone has to go its not as though we'll still be looking for a ground in 10 years time."

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
lyndon said:
junior mcdougall scoring an impressive header if i remember rightly. good to have met you in a not really meeting way.

Hate to be pedantic, but Im pretty sure it was an impressive left footed volley after a great bit of control by the striker that never was, Phil Andrews!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Trigger said:
This thread made me go through my old Goldstone/Bellottiwanker/Archerwanker paper cuttings last night and I found an old picture of this match and there I am in the centre circle...

I remember our group started off right next to the players tunnel on the North Stand side and whoosh, just like that we were all on the pitch in the centre circle...

We used to throw Mars Bars back up into the West Stand at Bellottiwanker too and he went running to the paper saying he was hit by a clump of metal, it was a f***ing MARS BAR YOU TIT.

Aahh, I remember it well. I was also in this little group you describe as I was there with my mate and was probably the second time I met you.

The first was the previous game where we had a demonstration around by the West Stand and was one of the last to leave. Those of us that were left decided for the next game we would go in the North-West Terrace as close to the tunnel as possible so we could hurl abuse at Bellotti.

We invaded the pitch at half-time and bizarrely a TV crew came onto the pitch to interview the fans. They spoke to one fan who I was standing directly behind so thankfully I avoided being shown on TV. I say thankfully because at the very next home game the police were waiting at the turnstiles and arrested anyone they had picked out from the demonstration.

Had some good times during those demo's like breaking back into the Goldstone after a game via a hole in the back of the South Stand. We made it all the way upto the players tunnel where we spoke to Jock and saw Junior McDougald parading around in a horrible green towel.

Memories...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here