Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half time in the concourse, a request!!!!!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Theres loads of people who just want a pint at halftime but hve to queue behind people who are ordering food for the 5000 it seems.

Jesus.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Half-time is not long enough if you need a piss, then queue up for a pint of beer, gulp it down along with eating a pie, a quick flick through the programme and a look at Sky Sports to check the other results. I always went back to my seat late for the second half when I drank alcohol. Can see it from other people's point of view and it should be 15 minutes at least like the Premier League.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone else find they are having a half time pint or chat, then decide to return to their seat only to find the second half is 2 or 3 minutes already played?

I know the tv screen say please take your seats, but this is often too early, could the club not ring a bell like at the theatre (gulp) or indicate some other way that the teams are just coming out?

Apologies if this is just me, but think it would be a little thing which would improve the old match day experience.

Anyone else agree?

I missed both our goals at the start of the second half against Leeds this season AND last by staying on the concourse to finish my pint without realising the match had restarted... You'd think you'd be able to hear Sussex by the Sea on the concourses, but you can't. Perhaps they should broadcast it into them?!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I missed both our goals at the start of the second half against Leeds this season AND last by staying on the concourse to finish my pint without realising the match had restarted... You'd think you'd be able to hear Sussex by the Sea on the concourses, but you can't. Perhaps they should broadcast it into them?!

Or perhaps- crazy, I know- you should just look at your watch. Or gamble, and go back a couple of minutes early maybe.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Anyone else find they are having a half time pint or chat, then decide to return to their seat only to find the second half is 2 or 3 minutes already played?

I know the tv screen say please take your seats, but this is often too early, could the club not ring a bell like at the theatre (gulp) or indicate some other way that the teams are just coming out?

Apologies if this is just me, but think it would be a little thing which would improve the old match day experience.

Anyone else agree?

You must be leaving your seat before the end of the first half just to purchase a pint at halftime shirley, let alone drink the bugger.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Half-time is not long enough if you need a piss, then queue up for a pint of beer, gulp it down along with eating a pie, a quick flick through the programme and a look at Sky Sports to check the other results. I always went back to my seat late for the second half when I drank alcohol. Can see it from other people's point of view and it should be 15 minutes at least like the Premier League.

Errr it is 15 minutes like the premier league....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When you are at home do you have to eat, drink or piss every two hours?

Is so you have a problem or three.

If it is just eating that is the problem bring a snack with you.
If it is drinking bring a carton of drink (no bottles allowed)
If it is pissing visit your doctor

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
When you are at home do you have to eat, drink or piss every two hours?

Is so you have a problem or three.

If it is just eating that is the problem bring a snack with you.
If it is drinking bring a carton of drink (no bottles allowed)
If it is pissing visit your doctor

Easy - mars bars, hipflask and incontinence pants.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Is it just me or is the 1901 area (at least in the WL) ALWAYS mostly empty at the start of the second half. Enjoying their prawn sarnies too much?

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
I think we should adopt the cricket policy for late comers returning to seats at start of second half. The stewards at the mouth of the vomitories should have a little swing gate and they should close it on the referees whistle for start of second half. The gate is only opened when the referee stops the play for a lengthy period . ie - injuries and substitutions. Should teach people to sup up in plenty of time.

Having to stand in the mouth of a vomitory doesn't sound pleasant at all!

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
To be fair at the Newcastle game I went and bought a couple of pies (for friends too! ???) and from leaving straight after the half time whistle in the north. queueing and then getting back to the seat took almost 15 minutes. Not sure if this is an exception as don't usually buy anything in the concourses but in hindsight did take a ridiculously long time, and there wouldn't have been much chance to do anything else (not that I needed too). However if its like this regularly the club need to speed it up.

Annoys me though when almost every game the stadiums at least a quarter empty when the 2nd half kicks off. Then people stream back in to their seats involving people standing then sitting down (my ST is in the West) every few seconds to let someone through.

In addition to the comments above, surely you can look at the programme before the game, or whilst drinking/eating, or even after the game. The scores are usually on the screens at half time aren't they? Surely you can glance up there whilst doing one of the others, or even on your phone whilst there or back in the stand. If all of those are more important to you than watching the game what's the problem?

Also, with the notice come up on the screens a bit early, what's the excuse?? The club are maybe seeing people arriving back late and making it earlier to reduce this? Surely this just means finish your pint and go back to your seat, too much to ask?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Or perhaps- crazy, I know- you should just look at your watch. Or gamble, and go back a couple of minutes early maybe.

Another sarcastic reply, well done.

Looking at your watch might work if the second half always kicked off at precisely 4.05 or whatever, but it doesn't. Going back a couple of minutes early is a fantastic idea were it not for the fact that you would have to neck your half-time pint down in one by the time you've queued to get it. As other people have said, by the time you get your pint you are gulping it down pretty quickly anyway. Would be useful to have something come up on the screens to let you know the game has kicked off.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
You must be leaving your seat before the end of the first half just to purchase a pint at halftime shirley, let alone drink the bugger.

No, I don't normally eat at the football, on Saturday I didn't even have a pint, just queued for a gipsies and spoke to a mate. I can assure you in the north you can not hear anything pitch side, not even the crowd from within the concourse, let alone sussex by the sea.

I know to some it sounds petty, I don't ever go down until half time whistle has gone to, I am surprised others don't agree as I have heard comments similar to my thoughts.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Looking at your watch might work if the second half always kicked off at precisely 4.05 or whatever, but it doesn't. Going back a couple of minutes early is a fantastic idea were it not for the fact that you would have to neck your half-time pint down in one by the time you've queued to get it. As other people have said, by the time you get your pint you are gulping it down pretty quickly anyway. Would be useful to have something come up on the screens to let you know the game has kicked off.

Maybe it is just the north stand then? Definitely the busiest concourse at ht by the sounds of it.

The club want the revenue and stream lining the queues and letting people know the teams are coming out doesn't seem such a massive request, but to some who remain in their seat it clearly isn't ever going to be an issue.

Little things and all that....

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Anyone else agree?

Yes I do, happens to me every home game!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The club want the revenue and stream lining the queues and letting people know the teams are coming out doesn't seem such a massive request, but to some who remain in their seat it clearly isn't ever going to be an issue.

Little things and all that....

Exactly, not a big issue in any way - but might be useful for some of us who like to enjoy a half-time drink.

Difficult to understand why anyone would object to it, as some on here have done!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Half time whistle - check your watch/phone/big screen and note the time. You have 15 minutes. Now you know what time to be back for.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I agree. There are a few people in the row infront of me that leave on 40 minutes and come back on 50. What can possibly take 25 minutes?

imagesCAR7A3Z4.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here