Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half time in the concourse, a request!!!!!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Anyone else find they are having a half time pint or chat, then decide to return to their seat only to find the second half is 2 or 3 minutes already played?

I know the tv screen say please take your seats, but this is often too early, could the club not ring a bell like at the theatre (gulp) or indicate some other way that the teams are just coming out?

Apologies if this is just me, but think it would be a little thing which would improve the old match day experience.

Anyone else agree?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone else find they are having a half time pint or chat, then decide to return to their seat only to find the second half is 2 or 3 minutes already played?

I know the tv screen say please take your seats, but this is often too early, could the club not ring a bell like at the theatre (gulp) or indicate some other way that the teams are just coming out?

Apologies if this is just me, but think it would be a little thing which would improve the old match day experience.

Anyone else agree?

No.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also, it would superb if we could have a betting window in the concourse.....
Feck off, that's where MY sweet shop is.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Beer only queues, its the way forward. All lined up and ready to go, one taking money one handing out the beer.

Plenty of time to drink AND get back to your seat.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Richie Reynolds is usually on the pitch and announces the team coming back onto the pitch, sussex by the sea tends to play as they come out. Is none of that audible from the concourse? I know when I arrive just before kick off, I can hear the fanzone stuff playing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm gonna nick your sweets and lollipops.
Ha, there speaks a man who has never tried to take a strawberry bonbon from me.

Have the car, house, kids, but you reach into my bonbon packet and I'll make Jason Bourne look like Jemima from Play School.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do you have an iPhone? If so, you could ask Siri

"In ten minutes, Remind Me to watch the football".

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Think there is definitely ways to improve things, you could be onto something....?

Theres loads of people who just want a pint at halftime but hve to queue behind people who are ordering food for the 5000 it seems.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Would have been nice to have actually heard the Liam Brady interview in the concourses on Saturday ? TV's with no sound, brilliant.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Richie Reynolds is usually on the pitch and announces the team coming back onto the pitch, sussex by the sea tends to play as they come out. Is none of that audible from the concourse? I know when I arrive just before kick off, I can hear the fanzone stuff playing.

Which stand are you in? WSU concourse can be quite loud at half time or before kick-off.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Beer only queues, its the way forward. All lined up and ready to go, one taking money one handing out the beer.

Plenty of time to drink AND get back to your seat.

That would require one person to understand the word "beer", and another who could use a till. Still a longshot.......

I think we should adopt the cricket policy for late comers returning to seats at start of second half. The stewards at the mouth of the vomitories should have a little swing gate and they should close it on the referees whistle for start of second half. The gate is only opened when the referee stops the play for a lengthy period . ie - injuries and substitutions. Should teach people to sup up in plenty of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here