Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Half & half' scarves

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On the basis the stall sellers are selling them by the bucket load, is this one of those "unexplainable" things?

I do own one, I purchased one in italy a few years ago, again as a souvenir, maybe this is why people were buying them at Villa Park, to remember the cup game? Does seem daft, next thing there will be one at every game, just like all the players lining up and shaking each others hands before a game, this used to be limited to BIG games.

But when you bought your one, you were a TOURIST. We've accepted that this is (just about) understandable.

It doesn't explain items like the Villa/Albion tat, let alone the Ipswich/Northampton waste of man-made fibres at the top of the thread.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Wouldn't buy one myself, Think they're pretty lame. But not as lame as those people who cover a hat in badges of every team they've had the pleasure of watching.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've got a Villa/Brighton one but I never wear it. I suppose it might make sense wearing it at an FA Cup game like at Watford but I don't see why you would wear one for a league game.

Really? How would wearing an ASTON VILLA scarf make ANY sense whatsoever at a football match between Brighton and Watford?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
But when you bought your one, you were a TOURIST. We've accepted that this is (just about) understandable.

It doesn't explain items like the Villa/Albion tat, let alone the Ipswich/Northampton waste of man-made fibres at the top of the thread.

No as I say, I think its unexplainable in the normal world.

They are probably bought by those people who used to think Mulder & Scully were real people!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I wear mine (both the Albion Villa one and the England France one) because its a little trinket kinda thing.

A nice thing to show people "look at what i got from the game"

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Liverpool have them for european nights, or used to anyway, dont think the appeal of steau bucharest on a half/half scarf has the same apeal as when beating real madrid!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wear mine (both the Albion Villa one and the England France one) because its a little trinket kinda thing.

A nice thing to show people "look at what i got from the game"

I'm hugely disappointed in you. From your choice of avatar, I'd always assumed you had a modicum of taste.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What about a Crawley Man Utd one? It could be a collecters item as it would have "the red devils" written across both sides. I mean, how COOL would that look? :jester:

I have absolutely not a shred of doubt that such items will already be on sale in that grim pedestrianised bit which runs between County Mall and the 1970s concretey town square where all the pound shops live.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I've got a Villa/Brighton one but I never wear it. I suppose it might make sense wearing it at an FA Cup game like at Watford but I don't see why you would wear one for a league game.
To keep your neck warm?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have absolutely not a shred of doubt that such items will already be on sale in that grim pedestrianised bit which runs between County Mall and the 1970s concretey town square where all the pound shops live.
I know where you mean, but it's not very big is it? I mean Crawley are taking 10,000 up there, remember?

Anyway, we should let them have their day in the sun, Edna. I for one hope they win, but sadly they won't. I do hope Evans says something completely f***ing ridiculous to annoy Taggart and co, just for shits and giggles.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

But, at least those will be understandable, given that most of the 'Crawley fans' going to the game, will be 'United fans' equally PASSIONATELY.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Some bloke was selling Arsenal/Huddersfield ones in Huddersfield town centre on Saturday. No idea why, didn't see anyone buy one.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Personally I think they're gayer than Elton John giving Marc Almond a reacharound at a Michael Barrymore pool party, but each to their own. There must be a market for them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But, at least those will be understandable, given that most of the 'Crawley fans' going to the game, will be 'United fans' equally PASSIONATELY.
Not true. Half of the Crawley fans will be local Spurs SPASTICS with nothing else better to do on FA Cup fifth round day. :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Half and Half CLUB scarves are only for the "Look at me, I'm a better fan cos I went to a big FA Cup game" supporters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not true. Half of the Crawley fans will be local Spurs SPASTICS with nothing else better to do on FA Cup fifth round day. :thumbsup:

Untrue. I believe that Spurs are rearranging a postponed league game, for that day, against another one of the weaker Prem teams already out.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know where you mean, but it's not very big is it? I mean Crawley are taking 10,000 up there, remember?

Anyway, we should let them have their day in the sun, Edna. I for one hope they win, but sadly they won't. I do hope Evans says something completely f***ing ridiculous to annoy Taggart and co, just for shits and giggles.

Oh they can do what they like for their day out, I don't really care, I just happened to mention that the town is a bit of a state.

I think you can count on Evans overstepping the mark, that's par for the course. My boss was asking me about how he'd go about getting tickets for the United game today (he lives in Crawley but has never seen them play), and whether I would be going :eek: He wondered if he'd have to contact United to get tickets. I explained that the away club sells them as they see fit :facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Untrue. I believe that Spurs are rearranging a postponed league game, for that day, against another one of the weaker Prem teams already out.
It's a miracle that Spurs are even playing against another Premiership team in the league when you consider what absolute CERTAINTIES they were for the drop before miracle worker and in-no-way-wheeler-dealer Harry Redknapp rocked up at North London's second biggest club.

A MIRACLE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here