Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Half & half' scarves

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh they can do what they like for their day out, I don't really care, I just happened to mention that the town is a bit of a state.

I think you can count on Evans overstepping the mark, that's par for the course. My boss was asking me about how he'd go about getting tickets for the United game today (he lives in Crawley but has never seen them play), and whether I would be going :eek: He wondered if he'd have to contact United to get tickets. I explained that the away club sells them as they see fit :facepalm:
That's all very well but have you remembered to lend him Mendoza's wonderful minature FA Cup cardboard cut out wrapped in tin foil? He'll be needing that.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I have a Wrexham/Brighton one that I bought from their supporters club shop raising funds to help save the club. I went to watch Wrexham play Brentford mid week while I was working away in Chester. The game was called off because of a monsoon (waterlogged pitch) so thought they could do with my entrance fee.

I still wear it to games as it keeps my neck warm, the only other scarf I own is my 1983 cup final scarf.

I always wear my Albion hat to netural games I attend, and I am always intersted to see home fans wear garmets with other teams logos. I am sure someone wears a Queens Park (irn bru) shirt, great stuff.

Fans united - football united

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's all very well but have you remembered to lend him Mendoza's wonderful minature FA Cup cardboard cut out wrapped in tin foil? He'll be needing that.

Ahem, it's actually my miniature (and lucky, so far) FA Cup wrapped in tin foil. Mendoza simply BORROWED it to pose with.

I may have to do some running repairs before the Stoke game, as one of the handles is suffering as a result of too many laps of honour and the Oatso Simple is becoming visible. Nightmare.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's a miracle that Spurs are even playing against another Premiership team in the league when you consider what absolute CERTAINTIES they were for the drop before miracle worker and in-no-way-wheeler-dealer Harry Redknapp rocked up at North London's second biggest club.

A MIRACLE.

Has anybody contacted the Vatican yet, as I believe conclusive proof of at least two miracles qualifies one for sainthood.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Has anybody contacted the Vatican yet, as I believe conclusive proof of at least two miracles qualifies one for sainthood.

Oooh. Good point. Surely rescuing Pompey from CERTAIN relegation, from a HOPELESS position of just 4 points ABOVE the drop zone, through the mere waving of his magic tactical wand (and the purchase of 14 African superstars on £80k a week each) qualifies as the second?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Oooh. Good point. Surely rescuing Pompey from CERTAIN relegation, from a HOPELESS position of just 4 points ABOVE the drop zone, through the mere waving of his magic tactical wand (and the purchase of 14 African superstars on £80k a week each) qualifies as the second?

It's a footballing certainty that Harry will inevitably be forced to act that way when he gets 'down to the bare bones' of his squad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I started one of these threads, after seeing Chelsea/Liverpool ones, at their Champs League semi.

I wonder where they are now! :lol:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Really? How would wearing an ASTON VILLA scarf make ANY sense whatsoever at a football match between Brighton and Watford?

Because we played them last season in the FA Cup and Watford was an FA Cup match, as well as both being the 4th round.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Not true. Half of the Crawley fans will be local Spurs SPASTICS with nothing else better to do on FA Cup fifth round day. :thumbsup:

I expect there's more United fans in Crawley, than Spurs. And Palace.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
I buy them for the England matches I see. Wear them at the match then chuck them in the cupboard. Its my way of getting some memrobillia from an event like that. People buy programs for the same purpose.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've got a Villa/Brighton one but I never wear it. I suppose it might make sense wearing it at an FA Cup game like at Watford but I don't see why you would wear one for a league game.

Please see post #12 !

garethlewes

Nov 9, 2010
I don't see why people buy scarves etc full stop, they are overpriced crap. Some places they are like £15 for a rubbish cheaply made scarf, if you support a club buy the shirt and then maybe a hat or something, if you want a memento of the game buy the programme they are usually priced between £2-5 anyway much cheaper then a rubbish scarf.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Apologies in advance to the easily offended, but what manner of WANKERS buy, and even WEAR such things?

Why wear an Albion/Villa scarf? You don't support both teams.

I find it very odd.

Can somebody please try to explain why anyone would desire such a thing.

Thanks

0,,10425~9105948,00.jpg

Celtic fans every time when they are IN europe, still they've saved quite a few quid this season, unless on holiday

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
What's the point of these scarves?

I bought my Villa / Albion one when we were going in the home end up there undercover. It was the ultimate camoflage accessory :lol:

And now that scarf hangs proudly in the pub, where Max behind the bar is a Villa fan , helping me to get served in double quick time. :drink:

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
I buy them for the big games. I then hang them in my son's room around the ceiling, which he loves. I'll be taking him to his first ever game soon, so he can wear one of them for that....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here