Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HaHa...Lets all laugh at the French Twats

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Having lived in France for many years i can tell you that they hardly give a shit about football. they didn't when they won in 1998 and they don't now. It's true that it is more important in the north but it still ranks behind tennis and cycling. That's why their league is so shit. All the good players go abroad.

So, the million people that packed the Champs Elysees in '98 when they won, they were just passing, were they ?

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Just to black cat all the above, I've lived in the SW region ( Toulouse nearest club) for 11 years now, having had the house for 20 years.
I also do a weekly radio show on a local radio station (tonight, ironically!) and can assure you they will take this defeat very badly. Front page of this morning's 'Equipe' newspaper bears the headline 'Imposters' , which I think equates with our tabloid headlines in the past?
Yes, Domenech looked dis-interested, wouldn't you if you knew you were being replaced after the World Cup by Laurent Blanc (whom I tip to eventually succeed Fergie at Man U ), had lost the dressing room to the extent none of the subs came anywhere near to volunteering to go on?
Football here is dire, but a few out there in blue shirts ply their trade for lots of money at Premiership clubs.........you'd have thought Gallas would have tried more as he's in the shop window.
Hope we beat Algeria tonight, because there are more of them in this area!
I thankyou.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
So, the million people that packed the Champs Elysees in '98 when they won, they were just passing, were they ?

They were jumping on the bandwagon, most of them, simply cos France had won something. Ask any French player and he'll tell you the same.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There'll be a few Gallic shrugs before returning to the Gitanes and philosophy across La Manche today.

But what else does one expect of a nation whose national sports are sex, surrendering and general indifference?

Le coq isn't quite so sportif after all.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Having lived in France for many years i can tell you that they hardly give a shit about football. they didn't when they won in 1998 and they don't now. It's true that it is more important in the north but it still ranks behind tennis and cycling. That's why their league is so shit. All the good players go abroad.

Absolute nonsense.

How many people regularly attend tennis tournaments in France? Cycling, apart from the Tour de France which is an event transcending the sport itself, is in decline and has an awful reputation.

As others have mentioned, millions of people celebrated the World Cup win as well as Euro 2000.

Would you want to passionately support that national team that we've seen in the last couple of games? This has been the way they've played/behaved for the last couple of years - I think the fact that the Stade de France is regularly filled is to the credit of the French public. I certainly wouldn't spend my money or time going to watch them.

The French league is clearly behind the Premier League, Bundesliga and La Liga in terms of passion and quality but is certainly not "absolutely shit".

Plenty of clubs have loyal and passionate support - Lens, Saint-Etienne, Bordeaux, Marseille, Lille, Lyon etc. It's not right to say French people don't give a shit - they've quite rightly withdrawn their support for an appallingly disinterested national side.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
had our French office on teh phone this morning ( Lognes near Paris) They are all suicidal this morning and really REALLY angry.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
However bad England may perform in the future i can't ever imagine we would give such an inept passionless performance such as that.

haha I stand corrected and my own words come back to haunt me! I was wrong, that was easily as bad as the french!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here