Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HaHa...Lets all laugh at the French Twats

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very funny, they were terrible. No one was trying at all. There are going to be some great comments from players if they do go out, clearly everyone thinks the manager is an arse.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I just Googled "french twats" and there were 209,000 results:lolol::lolol::lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think what you were trying to say is "He who laughs last, laughs longest"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having just come back from France, I can tell you that they don't seem to give a shit as a nation. Supermarkets have one tiny section with World Cup tat, I didn't see a single car with flags and it seems most Frenchman are about as enthusiastic about the WC as the team was. They seem to reserve their passion for rugby/

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Having just come back from France, I can tell you that they don't seem to give a shit as a nation. Supermarkets have one tiny section with World Cup tat, I didn't see a single car with flags and it seems most Frenchman are about as enthusiastic about the WC as the team was. They seem to reserve their passion for rugby/

Having just spent a happy hour reading the French papers, I can assure you that they're very upset about being kicked out.

You must have been in the south of France, rugby is much bigger there. But in the north, football is the game - there's virtually no interest in rugby.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having just spent a happy hour reading the French papers, I can assure you that they're very upset about being kicked out.

You must have been in the south of France, rugby is much bigger there. But in the north, football is the game - there's virtually no interest in rugby.

South West :thumbsup:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Having lived in France for many years i can tell you that they hardly give a shit about football. they didn't when they won in 1998 and they don't now. It's true that it is more important in the north but it still ranks behind tennis and cycling. That's why their league is so shit. All the good players go abroad.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Having lived in France for many years i can tell you that they hardly give a shit about football. they didn't when they won in 1998 and they don't now.

Total rubbish. There were hundreds of thousands of people on the streets of Paris when they won the World Cup.

I was in France several days later and the papers were still full of it. In fact, I have a copy of Liberation for the day after the cup final and it has about 20 pages devoted to France's win - and Lib is not a tabloid, it's normally a pretty serious paper.

As I said earlier, a glance at the websites of all the papers will reveal that France's defeat is headline news, and not just on the sports pages, and this on the day when France celebrates the 70th anniversary of De Gaulle's appeal to the French to resist the German. Le Figaro has three stories about the WC before it gets to other news - scarcely a sign of a lack of interest.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Total rubbish. There were hundreds of thousands of people on the streets of Paris when they won the World Cup.

I was in France several days later and the papers were still full of it. In fact, I have a copy of Liberation for the day after the cup final and it has about 20 pages devoted to France's win - and Lib is not a tabloid, it's normally a pretty serious paper.

As I said earlier, a glance at the websites of all the papers will reveal that France's defeat is headline news, and not just on the sports pages, and this on the day when France celebrates the 70th anniversary of De Gaulle's appeal to the French to resist the German. Le Figaro has three stories about the WC before it gets to other news - scarcely a sign of a lack of interest.

Check out the sales figures for the national papers over there and you'll see no one f***ing reads them. Most people read local papers over there. They only started banging on about the football in 1998 when they looked like they might win it as well. If the french gave a shit about football, their league would be a damn sight better than it is.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I lived in France in 96/97 and they're certainly into their football, but tend to be massive fair weather supporters when it comes to the national team.

Something that really pissed me off about the French was their organisation of the world cup ticketing in '98. It really put me off the country.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I lived in France in 96/97 and they're certainly into their football, but tend to be massive fair weather supporters when it comes to the national team.

That's certainly true and to be fair to Kumquat, they're not really into their local teams either (apart from Marseille and Lens - they do get fanatical support), nor massively into football itself -that much is true.

But there is certainly interest in the national team when the World Cup comes around - and especially so in 1998.

And what Kumquat says about regional and national papers is true too - and while the World Cup is second top news in La Voix du Nord, the lead item is roadworks between Henin and Carvin :lolol:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
That performance by the French last night was the worst team performance of the tournament by a long way. The manager just leant up against the dugout all match with a look of resignation on his face as if he had given up, the team were devoid of any spirit and acted in a similar fashion, no togetherness , no geeing each other up and encouragement, they entered the field of play defeated and left it with everything their performance deserved. However bad England may perform in the future i can't ever imagine we would give such an inept passionless performance such as that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here