Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Had a chat with Sreve Cotterill today.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just got back from a couple of days away as I went down to Cornwall after the Exeter game for a beer or two with some old mates.
Anyway, stopped at Rownham Services for a coffee on the way home today & in walks the Pompey manager.
Obviously I had to ask him about Saturday & no surprises really, he says the best team on the day will win as we're flying & his lot are struggling.
Maybe it's purely that he was talking to a Brighton fan, but he seemed far more enthusiastic about us than Pompey; he's seen us a few times this season & is very impressed, "will go up for sure" were his words.
Nice bloke & very enthusiastic to stand & talk football with a mere fan.
I did add as we bid our farewells, that you never know in his game, one day he could manage Brighton. His response, "you never know & I'd love that".

He said good luck to us & wished all Brighton fans the best for the New Year.

Now lets stuff Pompey Saturday! :albion1:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
wurzels.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He is someone I would like to manage us one day to be honest.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He formed a great partnership for about a month with Paul Moulden. If only we could have kept them.

Cotterill scored the winner against Wigan 1-0 in the Northstand and proceeded to kiss the shirt.

Marvellous scenes.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
He's done well at Portsmouth so far, helped of course by stringent purse stings, administration brings with it ???

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He is someone I would like to manage us one day to be honest.
He'll never manage us. Lord Gus is here to stay for ever and ever. We will never ever need another manger, for when Lord Gus leaves us in 85 years time to spend his twlight years back home in South America, as a mark of respect to his greatness, the club which close down, with the full backing of all supporters.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He has done well at every club he has managed to be fair and teams like Cheltenham certainly had NO purse strings.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He'll never manage us. Lord Gus is here to stay for ever and ever. We will never ever need another manger, for when Lord Gus leaves us in 85 years time to spend his twlight years back home in South America, as a mark of respect to his greatness, the club which close down, with the full backing of all supporters.

I could live with that!

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
He formed a great partnership for about a month with Paul Moulden. If only we could have kept them.

Cotterill scored the winner against Wigan 1-0 in the Northstand and proceeded to kiss the shirt.

Marvellous scenes.

I remember a great goal line clearance in front of the North Stand too. Wholehearted and committed, especially for a loaner...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What the f*** is someone like Steve Cotterill doing at such a tuberculotic swamp?

Portsmouth or Rownhams for that matter...

Cant speak for Rownhams never been there but the sensible answer is that Cotterill is a "jobbing" manager so will go to whoever pays his wages. He wouldnt have earned a fortune in his playing/management career so cant afford to be choosy like a Curbishley.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
He was a great player when he was on loan with us. Just a shame the purse strings couldn't stretch for him and Paul Moulden. Things might have turned out a bit different. Not sure about his style of football since he's been a manager. From memory, I think he likes a bit of hoofball and we are now used to South American flair. Oh well, I suppose we will find out on Saturday.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I remember his Cheltenham team coming down here during the first couple of seasons at Withdean, and they were, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the worst hoofball teams I have EVER seen. I doubt very much that has changed.

Did you ask him to please stop whinging about how unfair life is at Pompey because not only is it boring for the rest of the (non cheating) Football League, it's also patently untrue?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here