Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hackney now

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes its crime and its shitty, but how much did the bankers cost us? the fuckers that brought on this recession, how many of them have been arrested?

you're a mug if you think this has anything to do with recession or current economical backdrop. this is unfettered, undisiplined youth who have been brought up without any respect to law and property just taking advantage of a situation to thief. the areas effected have had unemployment and deprivation for generations.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
yes its crime and its shitty, but how much did the bankers cost us? the fuckers that brought on this recession, how many of them have been arrested?

While I don't know every single deal the bankers did I'm yet to see any example put forward that they broke the law. What they did could be considered immoral but not illegal. We the general public didn't help either - maxing out our credit cards and lapping up 110% mortgages - should these people be arrested too ?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
No you can't blame the bankers, but if you think this has nothing to do with poverty and deprivation you're a mug.

Interesting how the same person considers shooting someone smashing windows and stealing trainers proportional but water cannon on football fans not.

With regards to sentencing any violence towards our boys in blue gets the CPS pushing for long sentences and the Judges tend to go with it. (consulted my barrister)

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Very easy to say all this stuff from our mainly white middle class suburbs (not that I see more than a handful of people expressing the views anyway) but how many people here have tried to live in areas these poorer areas of London? Maybe then you might understand what is driving people to it?

Your'e very mistaken my friend. Try popping down to Church Road, Hove on any given day....Think you'll find English is the least spoken language but all are welcome to "our" fair city despite colour or creed. That's what makes our great city such an honour to live in. These rioters are just exploiting the situation and should be banged up. Most are actually stealing from their own !!

Your'e very mistaken my friend. Try popping down to Church Road, Hove on any given day....Think you'll find English is the least spoken language but all are welcome to "our" fair city despite colour or creed. That's what makes our great city such an honour to live in. These rioters are just exploiting the situation and should be banged up. Most are actually stealing from their own !!

Bet they don't touch the dole office or whatever its called nowadays.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

In no way can Church Road be compared to the poorest parts of London. It's worrying you've tried to link the fact ( and it's a very dubious one ) that a street that has lots of immigrants to how poor an area is.

Agree with you on banging up the rioters though.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

"our" city? "their own"? I'm not going to say all of what I think but it does remind me of a sketch with this line in:

Now I'm not a chiropodist but I do examine and treat people's feet

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Bet they don't touch the dole office or whatever its called nowadays.

apparently they did in Tottenham.

what i find odd about the catalyst to all this, is there was some young kid shot and killed over the weekend in south London. no march for him, he was just a victim of general gang violence, but when the police involved it becomes cue for anarchy. why is that?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't. The fall out from the student riots and other cases where police have gone or been accused of going too far are stopping them from tackling this head on

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Nothing to do with bankers - nothing to do with recession.
It's disaffected black kids who think they've been "dissed" as it was a black guy who got killed so they think they have the "right" to have a go at the old bill
Seeing this the anarchist scum jump on the band wagon and stir it up a bit more.
Have you noticed that it's happening in areas with a very high non white population - I'm willing to put money on the fact that there's a group of anarchist filth moving around the capital stirring up all the young black kids - half of the kids who are doing this are white kiddies with their faces covered
Water cannon the lot of them then taser em

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't. The fall out from the student riots and other cases where police have gone or been accused of going too far are stopping them from tackling this head on

Thats the problem,the good old do gooder.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

The Auctioneer

Jun 24, 2011
Police in Pink Handcuffs

Firstly, let me make myself clear, I do not care about race, creed or colour. I have lived overseas for many years. Our police need to be able to deal with problems on our streets without fear of reprisal from the 'Goody Goody Mob'. Most of you would not take the abuse and violence metered out without the wish to retaliate. All social workers and pro riot types should be made to go on the front line and discuss the problems first hand with the pillocks smashing up their own community. People who complain about carrying ID, are only worried because of what? Being caught creating damage and fear of not being able to collect benefits if caught out mis behaving. GROW UP. Give the police the power to smash em, if you are not causing damage you have no problem with that TRUE. If you have something to hide feel free to complain!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Firstly, let me make myself clear, I do not care about race, creed or colour. I have lived overseas for many years. Our police need to be able to deal with problems on our streets without fear of reprisal from the 'Goody Goody Mob'. Most of you would not take the abuse and violence metered out without the wish to retaliate. All social workers and pro riot types should be made to go on the front line and discuss the problems first hand with the pillocks smashing up their own community. People who complain about carrying ID, are only worried because of what? Being caught creating damage and fear of not being able to collect benefits if caught out mis behaving. GROW UP. Give the police the power to smash em, if you are not causing damage you have no problem with that TRUE. If you have something to hide feel free to complain!

agree, but poor sods do get caught in the cross fire trying to get home.

The Auctioneer

Jun 24, 2011
Oh Yes, with regards to the fella who was shot. I have never been in a position to have been shot by the police. Why was he? Smoke and Fire!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here