Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hackney now

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Maybe then you might understand what is driving people to it?

Don't read too much into this. The vast majority of this is just a bunch of thugs, believing they can get away with a bit of mindless violence, smash a window or two and nick a telly. It's nothing more than believing they can get away with it.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
yes its crime and its shitty, but how much did the bankers cost us? the fuckers that brought on this recession, how many of them have been arrested?

Bit of a non-sequitur, isn't it? So we just forgive crime on the basis of other unrelated crimes going unpunished? That would lead to a workable society right there.
:facepalm:

Who gives a shit? If they break the laws of our country, they must be punished.

Totaly agree mate.

This isn't some protest against living conditions, oppression or such like this is just wantant violence for the sake of it. Mob mentality has taken over and a strong hand is needed here.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Very easy to say all this stuff from our mainly white middle class suburbs (not that I see more than a handful of people expressing the views anyway) but how many people here have tried to live in areas these poorer areas of London? Maybe then you might understand what is driving people to it?

Yes lived there for the last 20 years thanks. Moved back down to Sussex last year. This has nothing to do with poverty & there is nothing "driving them to it".

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Very easy to say all this stuff from our mainly white middle class suburbs (not that I see more than a handful of people expressing the views anyway) but how many people here have tried to live in areas these poorer areas of London? Maybe then you might understand what is driving people to it?

WOW! You sound like someone who gives a shit! They are breaking the laws of our country - there are NO EXCUSES for such actions.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
WOW! You sound like someone who gives a shit! They are breaking the laws of our country - there are NO EXCUSES for such actions.

And so are you when you stand at the football, I'll go get my water cannon.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Send in the army. How many thugs would hang around at the sight of tanks?

Got a bit of a problem with that...since we stopped doing patrols and supporting the PSNI over the water we don't do any public order training any more. All the kit is still with us, rubber bullet guns, batons, full and three quarter length shields, visors, pads...the lot. All ready to go.

When i was on a short notice deployment to Kosovo there was massive riots in Pristina, so we deployed a battalion from the UK. 1 Coy up front, 1 in reserve and 1 as a cut off in the side streets. The next day the leaders told us 'we wouldn't have done it had we known the British were here'. Lets just say they never rioted again.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
We live in country and society where there is no gratitude for unemployment benefit, housing benefit, social benefits, a free nhs etc. Times are hard and it can be difficult to get on your feet and earn a living you feel you are entitled to. I have no political persuasion, but this is a disgrace and embarrassment to be associated with as a British citizen.

You can spend you day doing voluntary work, educating yourself, work experience even practising how to play your guitar if thats what you want to do, but to spend it planning to vandalise, rob, plunder and burn your local community is shameful.

I don't think some people have any idea how difficult life can be in some less affluent continents, time to come down hard.

The Auctioneer

Jun 24, 2011
We live in country and society where there is no gratitude for unemployment benefit, housing benefit, social benefits, a free nhs etc. Times are hard and it can be difficult to get on your feet and earn a living you feel you are entitled to. I have no political persuasion, but this is a disgrace and embarrassment to be associated with as a British citizen.

You can spend you day doing voluntary work, educating yourself, work experience even practising how to play your guitar if thats what you want to do, but to spend it planning to vandalise, rob, plunder and burn your local community is shameful.

I don't think some people have any idea how difficult life can be in some less affluent continents, time to come down hard.
Bloody well said!

How many of these people will be in the que for their giro's and free prescriptions when all of this has died down.

Anyone caught and found guilty should have all these "privelleges" removed without delay.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
How many of these people will be in the que for their giro's and free prescriptions when all of this has died down.

Anyone caught and found guilty should have all these "privelleges" removed without delay.

Any without full British (or EU) Passports should be immediately repatriated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here