Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hacker,Gary McKinnon.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was he searching for proof of alians or the like?

Yes. Claimed USA had evidence about UFO's they were with holding so went looking for it and somehow found himself in USA Military servers

By all accounts he did a fair amount if damage, and it was after 9/11, not before. Deleted lots of files and passwords. Also left a message saying he would continue to cause disruption.

I'm not sure he was a real cyber terrorist but he was more than just idly looking for UFO's.

Yes he embarrassed the US security systems and yes he'll probably get a job at the end and no he won't get 70 years.

Similar to people who go to airports and joke they have a bomb in their luggage and wonder why they get taken seriously and security people get extremely pissed off with them.

Naive, yes. Stupid, yes. But what he did was serious and irresponsible and he's going to have to face the music.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes. Claimed USA had evidence about UFO's they were with holding so went looking for it and somehow found himself in USA Military servers

WHAT....................."that old chesnut" :laugh:

anyone who goes looking for ufo`s on a military tinternet is a :wanker:

Anyway have we the tax payer paid for his defence so far ? and how many hospital beds or army equipment did that cost us i wonder...?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
WHAT....................."that old chesnut" :laugh:

anyone who goes looking for ufo`s on a military tinternet is a :wanker:

Anyway have we the tax payer paid for his defence so far ? and how many hospital beds or army equipment did that cost us i wonder...?
Scrap the justice system and buy guns instead. Top thinking.

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
Typical, roll over and let the Yanks get their own way again. Discusting. If I ran this country I would send a couple of our subs over and nuke the yankie Bastards. WORLD WAR THREE PLS

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
but the extradition treaty is one sided, i.e the nat west three, i have no doubt they were as guilty as f*** but if the situation were reversed we wouldnt have had a cat in hell's chance of getting them over here.

True, but we have been the 51st state in all but name for 30 years now sadly.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Scrap the justice system and buy guns instead. Top thinking.

Oi Oi Sunshine are you implying that im the idiot....? Not some prat who hacks into 90 odd computers with no thought of the consequence....!

So you would rather spend money on his defence, rather than equipment that our army need to stop them coming back in body bags (did i say buy guns ?)....! Or Hospital beds ? (did not mention that bit in your reply did you ?)

Do you still belive that ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oi Oi Sunshine are you implying that im the idiot....? Not some prat who hacks into 90 odd computers with no thought of the consequence....!

So you would rather spend money on his defence, rather than equipment that our army need to stop them coming back in body bags (did i say buy guns ?)....! Or Hospital beds ? (did not mention that bit in your reply did you ?)

Do you still belive that ?

I would rather spend money on his defence, and also some more money designing a decent computer system. If you think he is not entitled to a defence then suit yourself, and have trial by NSC.

If an autistic UFO believing nerd can hack the system by himself, then surely the Chinese government and terrorist organisations with thousands of man hours and millions of spare $$$ could have a field day with every file that Uncle Sam owns.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would rather spend money on his defence, and also some more money designing a decent computer system. If you think he is not entitled to a defence then suit yourself, and have trial by NSC.

If an autistic UFO believing nerd can hack the system by himself, then surely the Chinese government and terrorist organisations with thousands of man hours and millions of spare $$$ could have a field day with every file that Uncle Sam owns.

I think he has every right to a proper defence, as long as he is prosecuted over there where the Americans can pay for the costs of it.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

That be your opinion, It just seems like a tax payers waste of money to me.
Maybe you dont earn enough for tax to kick in :smile:
Am i asking for a trial by NSC ?
I thought i had posted a comment on a thread, where other people have posted various other opinions...!

Anyway El Presidente i agree to disagree, and i bow to your greater knowledge :bowdown:

franks brother

Was not his Asperger's Syndrome *cough cough* only diagnosed after the House of Lords threw out his appeal? Someone less cynical than myself may see this as rather convenient.

He has admiited his culpability although denying the effects his actions had on US security.Therefore he should be sent over to Uncle Sam to face the consequences of his actions.

Imagine the scenario of an Iranian equivalent of McKinnon hacking into the UK's security services computers.He's eventually tracked down,we ask for his extradition but,although the Iranian government agree,his lawyers suddenly discover he has Asperger's Syndrome and extradition proceedings are put on hold.
Said lawyers then argue that due to press coverage in the UK,he wouldn't get a fair trial and ask for him to be tried in Iran.
Would all those clamouring for McKinnon to be tried here be happy for the Iranian student to be tried in Iran,and if not,why not?

There seems to be an air of arrogance in this country when it comes to crimes committed by our citizens on foreign soil whereby we condemn the actions of foreigners who break the law when living here whilst appearing to condone the actions of our countrymen abroad and slating the judicial system of whichever country the next Brit finds himself up against

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Was not his Asperger's Syndrome *cough cough* only diagnosed after the House of Lords threw out his appeal? Someone less cynical than myself may see this as rather convenient.

He has admiited his culpability although denying the effects his actions had on US security.Therefore he should be sent over to Uncle Sam to face the consequences of his actions.

Imagine the scenario of an Iranian equivalent of McKinnon hacking into the UK's security services computers.He's eventually tracked down,we ask for his extradition but,although the Iranian government agree,his lawyers suddenly discover he has Asperger's Syndrome and extradition proceedings are put on hold.
Said lawyers then argue that due to press coverage in the UK,he wouldn't get a fair trial and ask for him to be tried in Iran.
Would all those clamouring for McKinnon to be tried here be happy for the Iranian student to be tried in Iran,and if not,why not?

There seems to be an air of arrogance in this country when it comes to crimes committed by our citizens on foreign soil whereby we condemn the actions of foreigners who break the law when living here whilst appearing to condone the actions of our countrymen abroad and slating the judicial system of whichever country the next Brit finds himself up against

Give that man a cookie :bowdown:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Once imprisoned in the States lets hope his Aspergers clears up like Saunders and his Alzeimers.

That be your opinion, It just seems like a tax payers waste of money to me.
Maybe you dont earn enough for tax to kick in :smile:
Am i asking for a trial by NSC ?
I thought i had posted a comment on a thread, where other people have posted various other opinions...!

Anyway El Presidente i agree to disagree, and i bow to your greater knowledge :bowdown:

Innocent unless proved otherwise!

Its is hus right to have a fair trial.. You might not like that or want to pay for it but it is the cornerstone of democratic justice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here