Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

H Block Humour.....

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bakesy said:
I start a fair few and join in with most of the other stuff because i refuse to sit there quietly at football, we need atmosphere ffs.It's not me and my group as you put it.....i sit between them and DTG, If everyone got behind the team, and i mean EVERYONE, NOT THE 30 OR SO THAT DO SING, then perhaps the anti steward stuff would disappear.
I've noticed you are an H block regular, but haven't heard you start a single song......about time you started a few and get those around you to do the same.

Spot on.As soon as the steward songs are sung or other crap songs i don't bother which seems to be most of the time now.DTG shouted to the fans about this and he was right.Sing about Brighton and not Harry etc.Even when the man with the board gets abuse.How childish

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: H Block Humour.....

Lord Bracknell said:
Fair comment. The folk a couple of rows behind us have been trying over the last few games to get things going. But their efforts are usually ignored (or not heard) by the hard core at the back.

Have you stood up and joined them LB?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
algie said:
Spot on.As soon as the steward songs are sung or other crap songs i don't bother which seems to be most of the time now.DTG shouted to the fans about this and he was right.Sing about Brighton and not Harry etc.Even when the man with the board gets abuse.How childish

For once I agree with you Spencer. It seems to be hapening quite a lot now. It was funny when it started, not now. Support the team.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bakesy said:

I've noticed you are an H block regular, but haven't heard you start a single song......about time you started a few and get those around you to do the same.

That is mainly due to fear of me squeaking the words out, to be fair!:lolol:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Withdean Wanderer said:
That is mainly due to fear of me squeaking the words out, to be fair!:lolol:
Get some beers down your neck prematch.....lubricates the vocal chords, innit.:drink:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
turienzo's lovechild said:
potter does have a silly voice to be fair

Exactly!

But it's the same in all football grounds and singing sections. It's the same people week in week out who start the songs off, and everyone else who joins in. There is no rule that you MUST be the person who starts the chant off if you want to sit in H block...

However, if NOBODY starts chants off, then there is a small problem in getting others to join in...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bakesy said:
Seem to have run out of ideas.It's all getting a bit purile these days, silly masks, steward baiting etc.Why can't we just give 100% support for the team, and why won't the other blocks in the South Stand join in?I guess everyone is finding the whole Withdean experience rather boring these days.:nono:
It's pretty difficult to join in when you can't hear it - which you can't from where I sit - and when the shey don't sing songs anyone knows.

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
well i thank f*** for h block. i share a season ticket towards the back. join in with all the albion related songs. ok the steward ones are naff but they're always hassling everyone (that prick yesterday with the goaty). when h block sits down and shuts up i may stop going. football isn't just about sitting and watching as if you were in front of the tele, it's about participating !

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Withdean Wanderer said:
Exactly!

But it's the same in all football grounds and singing sections. It's the same people week in week out who start the songs off, and everyone else who joins in. There is no rule that you MUST be the person who starts the chant off if you want to sit in H block...

However, if NOBODY starts chants off, then there is a small problem in getting others to join in...
There isn't a rule saying you HAVE to be a Sheep.......:rolleyes:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I got really annoyed with this on Saturday...

There seems to be a few of us prepared to get some singing going, krispies etc but at the moment, there appears to be a problem with actually singing songs about the Albion.

Ned and a few others were getting annoyed about the stewards, but that is their jobs. we all stand up until they come along and tell us to sit down....that is how it works.

Constantly shouting at them, abusing them and in one case swearing at them does nothing to alleviate the situation.

Can I suggest at the Notts Forest game we ignore the stewards, get behind the team 100% ( yes it is going to go quiet at some point)...and if they come into the stand, we all sit down. Sure enough, we can stand up at exciting times ( yes I know its few and far between) but lets leave out the " come and get it up the arse" type chants and for once, just once concentrate on BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION. Who gives a stuff how many stewards there are...who gives a stuff that away fans stand up ( we all do when we are away) and finally we know lots and lots Brighton Songs....SING THEM!!!!

rantado overato

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I did a bit of stewarding at Whaddon Road and Wembley during my student days, oddly not Oxford which was the closest ground.

It is a fairly thankless task, but there are rules that must be abided with. It is not about stopping people from having fun, but ensuring that certain regulations are adhered to. The club is the fall guy and will get in trouble if we do not follow the rules. It only takes a police report or an steward (angry at the abuse received) to make a complaint and then we will be in trouble. Unfortunately we do not have terraces and thus standing through out the game is wrong.

I am with Dave and others on this topic. We can still have fun, standing at the right moments and directing our songs and noise towards the team, rather than baiting stewards.

We are blessed with some great songs – GOSBTS; Super Brighton from the Southl etc. etc. They would be much more appropriate than steward baiting… Others are far more likely to join in with our songs!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dave the Gaffer said:
I got really annoyed with this on Saturday...

There seems to be a few of us prepared to get some singing going, krispies etc but at the moment, there appears to be a problem with actually singing songs about the Albion.

Ned and a few others were getting annoyed about the stewards, but that is their jobs. we all stand up until they come along and tell us to sit down....that is how it works.

Constantly shouting at them, abusing them and in one case swearing at them does nothing to alleviate the situation.

Can I suggest at the Notts Forest game we ignore the stewards, get behind the team 100% ( yes it is going to go quiet at some point)...and if they come into the stand, we all sit down. Sure enough, we can stand up at exciting times ( yes I know its few and far between) but lets leave out the " come and get it up the arse" type chants and for once, just once concentrate on BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION. Who gives a stuff how many stewards there are...who gives a stuff that away fans stand up ( we all do when we are away) and finally we know lots and lots Brighton Songs....SING THEM!!!!

rantado overato

Exactly. Or in other words "Everyone grow the f*** up".

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
I think the stewarding thing is getting a little out hand it did ruin the atmosphere a bit saturday.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
I reckon ban anyone under 18 from Withdean

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
watsongooal said:
Ban people that haven't been drinking.That should liven the place up a bit.
:jester:

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
Just a thought could the reason that singing and chanting seems to be tailing off is apart from the lack of entertainment
the crowd attendance is declining.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
watsongooal said:

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeers .....

No seriously, I'm well prepared to stand up in H block with some mates from school and sing some songs, Some of my mates don't do much but a couple of them do. It's just I sat in the sitting down part of H Block and tbh it was pretty shit, nothing was sung until we got a corner or something and at half time we went over to the standing up part until some woman told us they were sitting there and we had to move. I didn't see many of the fans having a go at the stewards, just some near the front with these ridiculous masks on. The ones that were only singing songs about the Albion were regulars there and I see them every game. How can I get tickets for that part of H block and theres this guy who I always see with glasses, he always gets really passionate about the game and is really into the songs. Just wondering if he comes on here.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Seagull_tim said:

theres this guy who I always see with glasses, he always gets really passionate about the game and is really into the songs. Just wondering if he comes on here.
That'll either be "Asbo" Grant, or "Legend" Crispies:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here