Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

guy that died during G20 protests. video

The intent on the part of the pig, was obvious - there can only be one judgement here, and that is of manslaughter. No doubt the murdering cop will get a nice cover-up, perhaps claim it was not him or there was no way to identify the perpetrator. Or, that he was assaulted by demonstrators between that incident and his death.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Totally agree that the copper was wrong to push the guy over and use he force he did. but if you look at the film the guy wanders back across the screen. what happened afterwards is more important. Did the old bill then come under attack? When after this did he collapse? Did the crusties attacked the old bill for pushing him over? He might have got all excited and had a right go at the old bill. The short bit of film could be very misleading to the subsequent turn of events.
The guy didn't deserve to die, RIP. But the film doesn't show it all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The intent on the part of the pig, was obvious - there can only be one judgement here, and that is of manslaughter. No doubt the murdering cop will get a nice cover-up, perhaps claim it was not him or there was no way to identify the perpetrator. Or, that he was assaulted by demonstrators between that incident and his death.

You can be sure there will be a cover up of some nature. If it was a member of the public who shoved a copper and he fell and later died it would be a totally different story.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Totally agree that the copper was wrong to push the guy over and use he force he did. but if you look at the film the guy wanders back across the screen. what happened afterwards is more important. Did the old bill then come under attack? When after this did he collapse? Did the crusties attacked the old bill for pushing him over? He might have got all excited and had a right go at the old bill. The short bit of film could be very misleading to the subsequent turn of events.
The guy didn't deserve to die, RIP. But the film doesn't show it all.

I presume you're alluding to the plod claiming that they then came under attack/were impeded when they tried to help the guy? I thought this was dismissed by numerous public statements to the contrary.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh dear.

I never been involved in a demonstration but have witnessed a few in London over the years from a safe distance.

I seen similiar things happen, completely innocent people wacked over the head.

I can sort of understand it in the heat of the moment when coming under attack but the above video is really really shocking.

Not often I say this, but that policeman should really be looking for another job.

He's a disgrace to the force and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the general public.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
I presume you're alluding to the plod claiming that they then came under attack/were impeded when they tried to help the guy? I thought this was dismissed by numerous public statements to the contrary.

Just that by looking at that bit of film. The Old Bill have a lot to answer for and the copper who pushed him over was totally out of order. But when he gets up and walks across in front of the camera we don't know what happened next. I don't know the whole story, how long after the film did he collapse? What else occurred ?
No excuse for the copper, no one can defend him. But it is easy to stick this film up of 2 minutes action and not the aftermath.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can't believe the utter tripe and shite on this thread. Seems a lot of you are judge jury and executioner on the back of 122 seconds of selective video. The Video shows the police moving forward and this guy not moving away from their line quickly. You don't know if he's simple, disabled, drunk or whatever but you imply that you do just so it justifies having a go at the police. No doubt you saw the scenes outside the bank of England when the some masked moron was taking a swipe at the police with a long stick and then cowardly running back into the crowd. It seems there is one rule for protestors intent on confrontation and another for the Police.

I'm not condoning the actions of the officer but you don't know what was said in the moments leading upto the begining of the video and you don't know what exactly happened afterwards. You don't know if he had a terminal heart conditon or not. But hey, let's not let the facts get in the way of a good thread.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
£20 says that whatever court in the land tries this disagrees with you on whether he deserved that treatment. Of course he didn't. There's nothing in the police handbook to give the copper the right to scythe him with his shield and then shove the bloke from behind with his hands in his pockets onto the floor.

As for the dogs....if the dog had killed him then yes, I'd call for the dog to be put down.

The bloke posed no threat to the police. None whatsoever and the fact that lots of other people were milling in the immediate vicinity strikes me as more the police being bored and picking fights rather than trying to clear areas.

As I say, £20 says you're wrong.

And £20 says that the police officer involved will get off with nothing more than a slapped wrist - no matter what court in the land the case is heard in, if indeed it ever even comes to court.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just that by looking at that bit of film. The Old Bill have a lot to answer for and the copper who pushed him over was totally out of order. But when he gets up and walks across in front of the camera we don't know what happened next. I don't know the whole story, how long after the film did he collapse? What else occurred ?
No excuse for the copper, no one can defend him. But it is easy to stick this film up of 2 minutes action and not the aftermath.

Interesting that the tone on here is that "a lot to answer for", whereas if I'd done that in the street I'd be looking at an assault charge.

Just because the policeman has a crash helmet and a baton doesn't mean he can assault random people for no good reason.

Not getting out of the way is not an excuse to cracked in the thigh and then shoved over.

Didn't exactly look like text book riot control, more like something a pissed up thug would do.

Let's hope the questions he has to answer are asked in court.

It seems there is one rule for protestors intent on confrontation and another for the Police.

Not at all, I'd hope that Police officer is dealt with in EXACTLY the same way.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I can't believe the utter tripe and shite on this thread. Seems a lot of you are judge jury and executioner on the back of 122 seconds of selective video. The Video shows the police moving forward and this guy not moving away from their line quickly. You don't know if he's simple, disabled, drunk or whatever but you imply that you do just so it justifies having a go at the police. No doubt you saw the scenes outside the bank of England when the some masked moron was taking a swipe at the police with a long stick and then cowardly running back into the crowd. It seems there is one rule for protestors intent on confrontation and another for the Police.

I'm not condoning the actions of the officer but you don't know what was said in the moments leading upto the begining of the video and you don't know what exactly happened afterwards. You don't know if he had a terminal heart conditon or not. But hey, let's not let the facts get in the way of a good thread.

What a load of bollocks. The Police can't use some people being morons as a justification for attacking other people who are simply walking through the area, in this case on his way back from work. It'll take a lot to get a charge of manslaughter to stick, but at the least this officer should be struck off the force and done for battery or ABH. Doubt it'll happen though.

As someone else has said. Bollocks.

if you smack someone and he has a heart condition and the fact you smakced him causes his death then you are guilty of an offence. Ignorance is no defence under the law.

That copper is guilty and should go for it. The fact that some are trying to defend an assualt by one of the bill says a lot about your attitudes. If the roles had been reveresed I'm damn sure you wouldn't be quite so blase.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I did notice the bloke who died was wearing a Milwall shirt but i'm sure he was being a good boy that day (we are sure to hear more what went on beforehand but it is unacceptable for a copper to strike someone from behind like that regardless of a previous event)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It was an excessive use of force. This is not allowed by the police. It really is this simple Drew.

If you can demonstrate that 9 or 10 shielded and baton wiedling officers were under genuine threat from a 47 year old bloke walking away from them with his hands in his pockets then you have a case.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It was an excessive use of force. This is not allowed by the police. It really is this simple Drew.

If you can demonstrate that 9 or 10 shielded and baton wiedling officers were under genuine threat from a 47 year old bloke walking away from them with his hands in his pockets then you have a case.
f*** me i actually agree with you !, No doubt the old bill will wheel out the usual " one bad apple" defence.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
To be honest most police are probably fine; it's clear this idiot got it very wrong though.

yes mobbed up, in robocop gear, and having been gee-ed up for days, hiding behing all sorts of new legislation that makes them untouchable, they are just like Nick Berry in Heartbeat.

The fella who did that was a f***ing bully pure and simple. I hope he gets sent down and gets battered every day, then see how tough he is without a riot shield and baton.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well, of course no-one will be charged over this. Even though, for instance, some thug (unluckily for him, not in uniform) was recently jailed for (accidentally) killing someone after punching him and knocking him over, no police officer will ever face a charge over this.
I assume you're referring to the bloke at Sainsburys in Colliers Wood, who punched a bloke he thought had been rude to his girlfriend. I think you'll find he got a long sentence because not only did he knock the bloke out cold, but he got the wrong bloke and then when he realised this, he was more concerned with finding the right bloke than attending to the bloke he'd left dieing on the floor.

As for the police in this video, there is no evidence that this caused the man's death. However, I don't expect any justice whatsoever. It'll be a whitewash - as it always is with misdemeanors in the police or the army.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Just heard on Radio 5 that the gallant Officer(s) - who carried out this unprovoked little attack - said they acted whilst under attack from a hail of bottles & missiles.

Yeah, right.. :nono:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
As someone who was assaulted by two met police officiers at an Albion away game a few years ago this does'nt surprise me. I was too shocked and frightened at the time to do anything about it but in hindsight I should of done.

Whats interesting is that this guy was obviously causing no threat but was still assaulted, without going into detail that was exactly what happended to me.

The police obviously have a difficult job but from my experience there is an element of nasty, ignorant and vindictive individuals amongst their ranks. As we slowly sleepwalk towards a police state watch these kind of incidents increase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here