Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

guy that died during G20 protests. video

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
They are increasing already

I agree, I stay well away from the police now, I won't even make polite conversation. My trust in the people who are supposed to protect us has gone, what happend to me at that Albion game still upsets me today.

I was told by a fireman who works in London that the Met Police have a badge of honour for rookies that involves 'getting' your first football fan, whether this is true or not I don't know but I'm convinced my experience was exactly that.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I agree, I stay well away from the police now, I won't even make polite conversation. My trust in the people who are supposed to protect us has gone, what happend to me at that Albion game still upsets me today.

I was told by a fireman who works in London that the Met Police have a badge of honour for rookies that involves 'getting' your first football fan, whether this is true or not I don't know but I'm convinced my experience was exactly that.

Being into punk when I was younger, being a football fan and being into politics. I have come across some very nasty Policemen. Policewomen are cute though :blush:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The bloke in the video looks like he's had a few cold ones which would explain his rather slow response to the OBs instructions to clear out of their way...whatever the circumstances a man walking away from the officers with his hands in his pockets is obviously not threatening them so to push him down with such force can only be classed as assault.

I remember when I worked in Casualty we had something similar where a homeless man was pushed out of a bank doorway by an officer and died, very shortly afterwards, of a heart attack after initially getting up and wandering off.

There was an investigation at the time which cleared the policeman involved but cost the job of a paramedic who had initially called the OB to assist with moving him.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Shows why I never trust the police. Wankers.

I was a prison officer for many years did'nt trust them then or now
Spot on. The police are instruments of a very nasty State these days. A State that doesn't believe in civil liberties, freedom of the individual, the right to protest or the right of free assembly. They are increasingly used as tools of oppression. Not wholely their fault - they are just obeying their masters.

so they don't have minds of their own ..............OK I will go along with that

Yes, thats why its now illeagal to film or photograph them!
and the reason why ....because of cases like this

if you ever went to the live export dems at Shoreham the Met were bought in there and they were Animals no other word for it .................one of the reasons Hove went Labour just afterwards(the entrance to the harbour is in Hove and that council could have stopped the exports)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
lets have some examples of army "whitewashes" then ?
Ah yes, you're quite right. Putting "army" and "whitewash" into google returns no hits whatsoever. Clearly I shouldn't be allowed to be suspicious of enquiries in the army when conducted internally.

Or is it that you actually want me to name a specific incident just so that you can quibble over its validity? If so, what's that got to do with this thread?

Think you'll find the old bill are allowed to use appropriate force. The bloke was told to move, he didn't therefore the force was justified.

Appropriate force, yes, Was anything about the attack on that bystander appropriate? If so I missed it.

Hang on a sec, the bloke had a jammer, he didn't die because he got shoved over or whacked round the back of the legs or because he was bitten by a dog.

The man hit the floor heavily, he was visibly an overweight middle-aged man. His internal organs may have already been somewhat stressed by everyday life - but what kills a lot of people in accidents, is the propulsion of their internal organs inside their body, and shock. Thus people can appear un-bruised, but their heart and lungs were damaged by the force of impact. Add stress to the event, and it's not hard for a man of his age to suffer such injury when sent to the ground with that force. The person who ran at him to send him to the ground is absolutely the reason for his death.

Can you blame them? If you'd spent all day having two bob wankers calling you every name under the sun and attacking you at every moment possible wouldn't you be a touch wound up? They are human after all.

Humans trained, and under the orders of a person in charge of a company. The police are entrusted with our safety as well as public order - I don't care about 'human weakness' - if one of them is to assault someone and not in the cause of safety for another member of the public, property - or even any policeman - then it is an unprovoked assault even when under the auspice of his uniformed duty.

If a copper had had a jammer and died following the days events would you be calling for the protesters to be done for his manslaughter?

A policeman is part of a trained squad for enforcement of law. There is a responsibility for him to be in good health and training. If a protester is breaking a law, assaulting a police officer who then dies - yes he should be done for that manslaughter.

You're on. £20 to REMF. Just so we're clear, what has to happen for either of us to win said bet?

That's the way I see it (responses in bold)
But I expect the perpetrator of this manslaughter to be protected by the police, and a drawn-out review of the incident to dilute the issue until there will be no charge levied and no guilty party punished.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
er- ever been in the army ? er evidence that they werent suicides ? or does it just suit your agenda to push the army is always guilty line ?

What, like it suits yours to push the police are always guilty line? ???

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
What, like it suits yours to push the police are always guilty line? ???

anyone who has not just fallen out of a tree knows they act like just another firm sometimes.

If this had been the other way round they would be in the dock by this morning on a murder charge.

people think like this from experience sometimes Edna, not just because its cool to bash the police.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Personally and looking at the video on face value I can't give one positive comment on that officers actions. The guy was on his own with his hands in his pockets offering nothing more than perhaps a belligerent attitude in strolling off. Thats what it appears to me and most people anyway. Only one officer out of all those present chose to react and in my opinion violently assault the fella. I know I haven't seen what happened with this guy before the footage and he may well have been giving the serious come on to the coppers there for all I know. That is why we have the IPCC to look at ALL the facts and determine if there is a case to answer to. They will take into consideration all the befores and afters and not make a decision solely on the video evidence.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I know I haven't seen what happened with this guy before the footage and he may well have been giving the serious come on to the coppers there for all I know

you were doing great until then. I thought blimey a copper not closing ranks immediately, nice one.

The penalty for mouthing off to policemen is not death or even summary corporal punishment, no matter what sort of day they are having.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If this had been the other way round they would be in the dock by this morning on a murder charge.

No, no they wouldn't.

It might amuse some, but I don't think many people realise just how tightly screened the police are. Every single use of force, ever, even taking hold of somebody who's been arrested and is slightly argumentative about it, has to be justified in the officer's statement and on a set of forms which have to be filled in.

Naturally, many people who are arrested don't particularly like the idea, and make complaints (frequently the sort of people who've been arrested hundreds of times in their lives), which, even when they are obviously malicious and/or false, get investigated at length and in depth by the professional standards department, because they have to be seen to be transparent. Your entire career (and life?) can be put on hold because some random thug who's already served fifteen years of his life in prison wants to complain that his wrists were slightly reddened by having handcuffs put on (even while he was spitting at and trying to punch you at the time). Or he'll say an officer called him a wanker, and get that individual investigated for discourtesy. It sounds ridiculous, but it happens on a regular basis. I live in fear of some scumbag wrecking my career out of sheer vindictiveness.

I don't know any more about the G20 situation than anybody else, but what I can see happening is that the officer will be interviewed under caution about the incident, and a decision will be made about whether his use of force was legitimate in the circumstances (probably not given what we've seen). The thing that will piss off a few people on here is that I just can't see how it will ever be proved that the man in question suffered a heart attack as a result of the push. He's been hit on the legs apparently, and shunted over, realistically not that hard. I'm sure there was a court case recently where a bloke was punched in the face, and a few minutes later suffered a fatal heart attack. The assailant was convicted of common assault I think, because they couldn't say the heart attack was a result of the punch and wouldn't have happened anyway.

Not saying it's right or wrong, simply what I think is likely to happen. And please don't think the IPCC will brush it all under the carpet, because they absolutely LOVE to go after the police.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It might amuse some, but I don't think many people realise just how tightly screened the police are. Every single use of force, ever, even taking hold of somebody who's been arrested and is slightly argumentative about it, has to be justified in the officer's statement and on a set of forms which have to be filled in

I will always defer to your greater knowledge when it comes to theoretical (and practical) police procedure, or the law, Edna,

but to try to sell that bit above to football fans is pushing it a bit....

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
you were doing great until then. I thought blimey a copper not closing ranks immediately, nice one.

The penalty for mouthing off to policemen is not death or even summary corporal punishment, no matter what sort of day they are having.

I agree, you are absolutely right. I didn't mean to imply the copper who shoved him has an excuse because I don't think he has one. All I meant was it will form part of the evidence and it isn't just about what the video shows. If anything if may prove the officer got wound up by the fella and deliberately had a pop at him, who knows. Either way I wouldn;t want to be in his shoes.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree, you are absolutely right. I didn't mean to imply the copper who shoved him has an excuse because I don't think he has one. All I meant was it will form part of the evidence and it isn't just about what the video shows. If anything if may prove the officer got wound up by the fella and deliberately had a pop at him, who knows. Either way I wouldn;t want to be in his shoes.

Nope, nor me.

If there's anything worse than having PSD on your case, it's having PSD, the IPCC, and every national newspaper watching on in the background.

New pants time for that officer, I think...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ah yes, you're quite right. Putting "army" and "whitewash" into google returns no hits whatsoever. Clearly I shouldn't be allowed to be suspicious of enquiries in the army when conducted internally.

Or is it that you actually want me to name a specific incident just so that you can quibble over its validity? If so, what's that got to do with this thread?
you werent just " suspicious" , you made an accusation which you now cant/ wont back up . Whats it got to do with this thread ?? you brought the army into it , not me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here