Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gutted, upset and proud

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Brighton have been put out of various cup competitions by lower league opposition on such a frequent basis over the years that it no longer comes as a shock tbh.

Ain't that the truth? I have witnessed 2 of the worst of them: Waltham and Hersham with Mr Clough in charge and SUdbury Town when we were humiliated at the Goldstone by a frigging postie for crying out loud. I'm just happy we got through last night. The Manc FSCUM will be a tougher test
-both the team and their Neanderthal following.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
ONE thing that is interesting...

Am I right in thinking Adam El Abd played in ALL 6 of our consecutive clean sheets?

Then we concede FIVE in 2 games. FOUR of which were scored without Adam on the pitch.

Just how important is he to our defence?

Also, as soon as Kish was taken off (Hartlepool and last night) we completely lost sight of what we were supposed to be doing. Kish and El Abd are key to the Albion's success this season. A proven goal scorer wouldn't hurt either. You know. One that actually scores when given the chances that are being served up this season-sorry Ashley, you'll come good but we need somebody more clinical in front of goal.

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
I agree, the idiots behind the goal were more interested in inciting Albion's travelling support than watching the game at times....

Unfortunately this seems unavoidable at football matches. There's always idiots in the home and away ends. In the away end at POSH, for example, there were some right twats stood near me that weren't even watching the game - just shouting abuse at the POSH fans. What's the point...? :facepalm: highly embarrassing - especially when we were playing such good football!

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Also, as soon as Kish was taken off (Hartlepool and last night) we completely lost sight of what we were supposed to be doing. Kish and El Abd are key to the Albion's success this season. A proven goal scorer wouldn't hurt either. You know. One that actually scores when given the chances that are being served up this season-sorry Ashley, you'll come good but we need somebody more clinical in front of goal.

Agree 100%

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You can hold your heads up very high after the 2 performances. You're lads often looked like the L1 side & played out of their skins! Fair play to your club & supporters - & best wishes for the rest of this season & beyond. :thumbsup:

This.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Woking had the motivation to win the game , we didn't and it showed. We played like we were the non league club in comparison to Woking.

I'm sure you're a nice guy but Woking fans in general = twats. Why were they so OBSESSED with us in a game we clearly didn't give a shit about? When we play Premier League teams I tend to focus on enjoying seeing us against much better opposition than usual, not taunting the other fans with moronic chants and singing f***ing Gold by Spandau Ballet. "1-0 and you f***ed it up" looked pretty stupid once we scored about 20 seconds later too. Joke club.

Have you not listened to our Morons in H block.

I thought the Woking fans were pure class. Some great songs, flaire(s) and a bit of grit ans passion about them. I think if we put some of the coffin dodgers from the north stand amoungst them, there would be a fair few heart attacks!

God luck to you and your club. You deserved the result - Unlucky- Hope your relegation battle from BSS goes well :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You were the better team over the two matches, I had a great day up there today. Good luck with the rest of the season!

Would have to 100% completely disagree with that. Brighton were the better team by far. Apart from 10 mins in the second half of normal time last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here