Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gutted, upset and proud

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I went along with a WFC supporting mate and sat in the main stand. I feared the worse from the start. With a bloke that retired 6 years ago and OGH in the starting lineup there was no suggestion we were taking it seriously at all.

Woking looked to try and contain us at the start and didn't offer too much. The goal really kick started the match and Woking became a different team. They really came at us and were unlucky not to finish us off. You have to give them credit for not sitting back and waiting for penalties. They scented blood and went for it. It turned into a proper cup tie and I got sucked into it. Couldn't stop from leaping up and giving it "YEEEEEESSSSSSS" when we equalised. Nobody around seemed to care.

I thought the Woking crowd were great. They made a good noise and you'd expect them to give us what for, as we hardly looked like top of the league material. As for the BHA support, I loved it when the flare was popped at the end. The stewards were bricking it and stampeded across the pitch to...er...point at the flare until it went out?

Woking need to translate that performance in their league matches. They were quite tasty down the flanks. Surely the Blue Square South can't be that good? If they manage to play like that week on week they'd soon rise up the table. Glad they had a good payday and pleased to see them take the fight to us but bloody relieved we squeaked through.

All the best for the season Ben_WFC.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Full credit to the Woking team who were obviously well up for it. I'm unsure how to feel about the crowd as they made a lot of noise which made for a good atmosphere, but once the PA got them to refrain from homophobic abuse they seemed to run out of songs.

Yeah I was stood on the terrace as near as you could get to the home fans, and the chanting was fine, couldn't give a f*** what they sing........ But some of the personal insults that were being shouted by individual blokes and insighting violence is uncalled for.
Twats

Could hear their homophobic abuse loud and proud on the telly too :yawn: What a credit to their club.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3809052 said:
Could hear their homophobic abuse loud and proud on the telly too :yawn: What a credit to their club.

Its sad and wrong but no different to any other club or (you could argue, i'm not committing!) ours for the localized abuse (northern slums for anyone north of say Haywards Heath!)

I really don't know how to feel. Obviously I'm upset we lost in the way I did, and gutted that we got so close. But tonight i'm so proud to be a Woking fan, the team were unbelievable and I thought matched you in alot of the game.

Don't really know what else to say atm apart from thanks for playing your part in a good FA Cup tie and good luck for the rest.

:bowdown: if i was your mum i would be proud of the way you have conducted your self on this board:bowdown: good luck for the rest of the season:thumbsup:

I'm sure you're a nice guy but Woking fans in general = twats. Why were they so OBSESSED with us in a game we clearly didn't give a shit about? When we play Premier League teams I tend to focus on enjoying seeing us against much better opposition than usual, not taunting the other fans with moronic chants and singing f***ing Gold by Spandau Ballet. "1-0 and you f***ed it up" looked pretty stupid once we scored about 20 seconds later too. Joke club.

Nice to see another positive spin from The Complete Tadger, as usual :lolol:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3809061 said:
Well it is, because I always thought it was a criminal offence. They wouldn't get away with Pakistani songs to say Luton.

:facepalm: i'm having a slow, ill day. Man flu. Your right.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Were Woking's the single WORST set of penalty kicks in the history of football?

card-fan

Oct 25, 2010
I'm sure you're a nice guy but Woking fans in general = twats. Why were they so OBSESSED with us in a game we clearly didn't give a shit about? When we play Premier League teams I tend to focus on enjoying seeing us against much better opposition than usual, not taunting the other fans with moronic chants and singing f***ing Gold by Spandau Ballet. "1-0 and you f***ed it up" looked pretty stupid once we scored about 20 seconds later too. Joke club.

Clearly didn't give a shit about? And what backs that up? Most of your fans were jumping around like lunatics when you scored your second. If you were playing Man Utd etc, are you sure you wouldn't be the same in our position?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Woking were excellent last night and they can indeed hold their heads high.To be honest they should have won in normal time. We were awful and when Woking smelt an upset I really thought we were done for. Once I gave up caring what the result was I was able to enjoy a full blooded cup tie, full of passion, errors, terrible officiating and excitement. Great atmosphere. Shame about the unoriginal homophobic chanting but apart from that Woking fans really got behind their team and contributed to a grreat old fashioned football evening.

Any cards fans on here, especially Ben WFC ignore TBC he is a clueless chump. You did yourself proud last night.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Clearly didn't give a shit about? And what backs that up? Most of your fans were jumping around like lunatics when you scored your second. If you were playing Man Utd etc, are you sure you wouldn't be the same in our position?

This.

I really wanted to win. Its the FA f***ing cup! Oldest organized football trophy in the world. :shrug: I don't get why Woking would be quiet and not give us some stick because we're probably their cup final (no offence, but we're top of league one and all that) in the same way we creamed over City in 08, and last season v Villa... I'd be proud to be a Woking fan after tonight.

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
it was a big game 'not' to loose ahead of what is 2 massive league games, tough game as it should be with a non league outfit, not alot of space to play and a narrow pitch. well done boys roll on round 2 !

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
We had a good evening out - a packed friendly pub and a ground with an atmosphere! The homophobic chanting is pretty boring and fair play to the tannoy announcement. Our mate Stoo who lives near Woking got Sussex by the sea played for us at half time!

Anyway here is a picture of one of the flares!

Attachments

• WOking.jpg
    WOking.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 339

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
What a load of patronising bull ! Woking would not last five minutes if they played in L1,
up against the likes of who we play week in week out. 'Fraid as I see it, the magic of the cup has gone (going down the route of not playing your best eleven) . Anyone else notice that there was not a crowd over 5,000 at any of the replays last night?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Some strange comments on here. Firstly, that was a great Cup tie, exactly what you want from the FA Cup and one to be fair Woking fully deserved to win. If they could finish, Albion would have been humiliated in that second half. I felt very sorry for them in the shootout, because their efforts and performance did not deserve that rather pathetic end. Even brilliant saves from Brez would have been more appropriate.

I hope some of those Woking players get back to professional football one way or the other on the back of that, Elvis Hammond could do a job in League Two for a couple of years, and that Moses Ademola is a bit of KLL, just has to understand the concept of a final ball.

Their fans? What are people expecting - them to start singing 'You're f**king brilliant'? Certainly not on last night's showing. They really got behind their team, even the fogeys in the big stand behind the goal where I was sitting were singing. I imagine that as big a night at Kingfield and as well as their team has played for years.

Considering what a below-par display it was from us, it was an enjoyable evening. Fair play to those that did go, although I thought the turnout wasn't that great to be honest - and excellent work on the flare.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We had a good evening out - a packed friendly pub and a ground with an atmosphere! The homophobic chanting is pretty boring and fair play to the tannoy announcement. Our mate Stoo who lives near Woking got Sussex by the sea played for us at half time!

Anyway here is a picture of one of the flares!

What was the tannoy announcement?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3809052 said:

An honorable mention to the spotty, bespectacled ginger 14 year old behind me who spent the entire evening giving it to the Woking fans and the linesman in front of us whilst spraying me with spittle that came through his braces. A discredit to football never mind the Albion. The irony was lost on him when he started the chant of 'your too ugly to be gay'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here