Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gutted, upset and proud

Ben_WFC

Oct 24, 2010
I really don't know how to feel. Obviously I'm upset we lost in the way I did, and gutted that we got so close. But tonight i'm so proud to be a Woking fan, the team were unbelievable and I thought matched you in alot of the game.

Don't really know what else to say atm apart from thanks for playing your part in a good FA Cup tie and good luck for the rest.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Cheers, good luck for the rest of your league campaign. Gained nothing but respect for Woking throughout the two matches. :thumbsup:

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
You were the better team over the two matches, I had a great day up there today. Good luck with the rest of the season!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
You can hold your heads up very high after the 2 performances. You're lads often looked like the L1 side & played out of their skins! Fair play to your club & supporters - & best wishes for the rest of this season & beyond. :thumbsup:

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Really enjoyed it tonight. Woeful display from our point of view but thinking back, it had just about everything - a proper cup tie!

Have to say I quite like the Kingfield.. particularly how the huge modern stand dwarfs the others and the fantastic atmosphere generated by the covered terrace opposite.

KRE_Matt

Nov 17, 2010
Please..

Do not think half of those morons are "Woking fans" the loyal support was at Brighton on the 6th.

Just a dumb bunch of testosterone filled teenagers trying to give it large in front of their mates.

In reference to the Gold song, it's dedicated to a former player Giuseppe Sole (note the rhyme) and our own brew of beer Cardinal Gold.

Brighton fans as a whole were very welcoming and I wish you nothing but luck in your quest for Championship football.

It's nice to see a side so high up but with fans who still seemed to be a part of their club, many teams in the league just see fans as customers only, which is why I love non-league football to be fair.

Overall - quality night, great performance and filled with everything the FA cup is about. Can't help but feel if we got to half time in extra time without conceding, we may have been able to do it.

Best wishes and congratulations,

Matt.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Although we were pretty poor, I really enjoyed the game on the telly (as I live overseas, not because I'm a bad fan!). Well played, I have to say I really felt for Woking after the match.

All the best this season and in the future. We'll knock out mini-manure for you round two ;)

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I'm sure you're a nice guy but Woking fans in general = twats. Why were they so OBSESSED with us in a game we clearly didn't give a shit about? When we play Premier League teams I tend to focus on enjoying seeing us against much better opposition than usual, not taunting the other fans with moronic chants and singing f***ing Gold by Spandau Ballet. "1-0 and you f***ed it up" looked pretty stupid once we scored about 20 seconds later too. Joke club.

:shrug:
Were you drunk when you wrote this?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
No I agree, the Woking fans on the terrace behind the goal, complete f***ing Idiots.

As I was only watching on TV, can you tell me why they were complete, f***ing idiots?

Was it for chanting something to the tune of Gold or treating it like a cup final (as suggested by the OP)?

Or are there valid reasons?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i thought Woking were pretty usful side, using their pace, and avoiding challenges they wouldnt win, being patient waiting for our moves to break down instead. they could have run around kicking our shins, but seems to want to play football too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most fans of small teams who think they are about to turn over a bigger team can behave like idiots, to an outsider, in their excitement. I know Albion fans can.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As I was only watching on TV, can you tell me why they were complete, f***ing idiots?

Was it for chanting something to the tune of Gold or treating it like a cup final (as suggested by the OP)?

You should know by now that TCB is confused, that's why he talks out of his anus.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm sure you're a nice guy but Woking fans in general = twats. Why were they so OBSESSED with us in a game we clearly didn't give a shit about? When we play Premier League teams I tend to focus on enjoying seeing us against much better opposition than usual, not taunting the other fans with moronic chants and singing f***ing Gold by Spandau Ballet. "1-0 and you f***ed it up" looked pretty stupid once we scored about 20 seconds later too. Joke club.

You odious little twonk :tosser:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

Yeah I was stood on the terrace as near as you could get to the home fans, and the chanting was fine, couldn't give a f*** what they sing........ But some of the personal insults that were being shouted by individual blokes and insighting violence is uncalled for.
Twats

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree, the idiots behind the goal were more interested in inciting Albion's travelling support than watching the game at times. They generated support, but some of the time the wrong type. As for the pillock that got on the pitch and bundled into Tommy Elphick.....

I think Brighton were the better team in both matches, but I would have been disappointed if we hadn't been.

However, that said, Woking had a gme plan, stuck to it, and deserve enormous credit - good luck for the rest of the season.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I thought (watching it via the web on a crappy netbook so there were jumps) a few of their attackers looked useful and ran rings around us in certain plays.

Relieved for the win if i'm honest. Roll on FCUM, and then the third round!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Have to agree to with the majority, Woking were a credit and matched us in many way over the two games, and looked like they wanted it more, for obvious reasons.
Was also impressed that they played football rather than resorting to kicking us off the park like a lot of lower league (or non league) teams do.
Thought there manager set them up very well.
Only reservation was Baz “took the piss” with that last penalty which was unnecessary and will never see him the same light again, that will always taint him as far as I’m concerned.

Have nothing but praise for Woking and will look at them more fondly as a result. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here