Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus: Two new signings in the next couple of days

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I don't normally get involved in this pointless close season speculation, but I am officially on the edge of my seat and at the same time beside myself with excitement at the prospect of Vicente signing up and having a pre season and a full season with The Albion.

That is THE news I am waiting for, and will prompt me to go on a major celebratory piss up

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
from the Vfb Wolfsburg site regarding Hitzlesperger

With Thomas Hitzlsperger, whose contract was valid until 2014 agreed to a termination of his contract: “We mutually agreed to go our separate ways".(Coach) Felix Magath granted the player’s wish: “It’s very unfortunate that, since he has been here, Thomas has gone from one injury to the next and was therefore unable to really help us last season. I have come to know and respect him as an exceptional sportsman and as a person both on and off the pitch,” said Magath. A string of injuries have led to Hitzlsperger only sporadically training with the team in recent months. Right now he is recovering from a tear to his outer knee cartridge. “After doing a lot of soul-searching, I came to the conclusion that my complete recovery must take top priority. Right now I can’t say if I can play a part in helping fulfil the high sporting demands set out by VfL Wolfsburg next season. Terminating the contract is the fairest option for all parties. I would like to heartily thank Felix Magath for the fate he has had in me,” remarked Hitzlsperger.

Maybe our new German doctor has experience of working with him but it doesn't sound promising?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
I don't normally get involved in this pointless close season speculation, but I am officially on the edge of my seat and at the same time beside myself with excitement at the prospect of Vicente signing up and having a pre season and a full season with The Albion.

That is THE news I am waiting for, and will prompt me to go on a major celebratory piss up

Any excuse for a piss up!!!!

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Have we got a scout at the DVLA?

Thomas Hitzlsperger has escaped a driving ban after telling a court he needed to travel to find a new club.

The former West Ham player, 29, was caught driving his Range Rover at 107mph in a 70mph zone on the A14 in Suffolk on 9 April. The German midfielder appeared at Bury St Edmunds Magistrates Court to admit the charge.

According to the East Anglian Daily Times, Craig Harris, mitigating, told the court: "He showed complete deference to the police and humility when he was stopped."

He said his client's most recent contract with West Ham ended in May. The player had decided to stay in England and try to find a new club which meant he needed to drive all over the country.

Police detected the offence using a laser gun, then followed the vehicle, recording its lowest speed at 80mph.

Hitzlsperger, who gave a London address, had no previous driving convictions. He had six points added to his licence and was ordered to pay a £750 fine, the court confirmed.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Much as I love Der Hammer, he has not had an injury free season since 2008-9 so is a major risk, especially when we remember Vicentes injury problems

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
From Twitter:

Reading have pulled out of negotiations with an unnamed 'English' championship player. Meeting was on Wednesday. Thoughts?

Anything we should be concerned about?

EDIT: Apparently not.................... supposedly Zat Knight but he has re-signed at Bolton rather than stay in the Prem with Reading?

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Just seen that

Twitter

News at Den | Exclusive: Brighton on the trail of Millwall striker Henderson

A young man not without his problems News at Den | Millwall striker Henderson appears in court ahead of trial

Likely to split opinion among Albion fans I suspect - can't believe it has been 9 years since he was on loan with us http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darius_Henderson

Just what the doctor ordered when fit but unfortunately spends too much of his time under doctor's orders. Add that to a pending court case which could run for a long time and which there is every chance he might lose............................................... :nono:

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
From Twitter:

Reading have pulled out of negotiations with an unnamed 'English' championship player. Meeting was on Wednesday. Thoughts?

Anything we should be concerned about?

EDIT: Apparently not.................... supposedly Zat Knight but he has re-signed at Bolton rather than stay in the Prem with Reading?
What's to be concerned about,if th money's top notch and the player wants to go then so be it,players come and go as you should know by now. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here