Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to Villa

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure they are in the list of clubs he has said he'd love to manage, so probably not.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Lambert, right man wrong job???..No one can deny him what he done at Norwich and done it with some style as well. What odds that QPR and Reading both get out of the shite and Villa and Newcastle go down. How tough would that make this division next season???

I thought Wolves, Bolton and Blackburn would be trouncing this division this season, got the wrong. Can't see Villa doing much better of they got relegated, Newcastle would be a different kettle of mackerel though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I don't normally subscribe to the 'Gus going to here there and everywhere' stakes, but it is a vacancy that would worry me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wurzel is off to Villa :lolol:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Thing is, Randy Lerner seems to be one of the more level headed foreign investors. Hasn't got rid of someone with no real motive, and threw a f***ing ton of cash (which was, admittedly, spunked) at MoN. Plus, they HAVE got some decent players, and it's just a question of bringing one or two in, and getting them to play in a decent shape. If I were Gus, I'd be having a serious look, there are clubs in a worse state he could be linked with.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Lambert almost in tears in interview, he knows he's gone.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Can't see Gus being interested at the moment. If any justice this should be Adkins job.

Even though he wants a break from football i could not see Adkins refusing a job as big as Villa (or Gus come to think of it!). In a way even though i am not a fan of Adkins, he was badly treated by Saints and deserves a decent job. Would be great to see him guide Villa into The Championship.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I remember this thread the last time round, before Lambert was appointed. I was worried then - I'm not now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here