Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to Villa

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
:facepalm:

Lambert about to get sacked/resign. Apparently some Villa fans tried to attack him at the final whistle.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Lambert, right man wrong job???..No one can deny him what he done at Norwich and done it with some style as well. What odds that QPR and Reading both get out of the shite and Villa and Newcastle go down. How tough would that make this division next season???

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yeah, I can see how that shithouse gig would tempt Gus. What a pile of steaming turd that team are.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that Gus is down on the list of possible managers for them with Mark Hughes being nearer the top. As an outside bet Adkins could do a better job but apparently wants a short break from football for a couple of months or more truthfully he will wait until the end of season to take a job ready for next season or more likely not inherit somebody else's problems..

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Lambert, right man wrong job???..No one can deny him what he done at Norwich and done it with some style as well. What odds that QPR and Reading both get out of the shite and Villa and Newcastle go down. How tough would that make this division next season???

Agree with this, just think Villa are in free fall! Can def see us playing next year (if we don't scrape up which I don't think we will).

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
In all honesty I reckon Di Matteo may get it. Either him or someone who's been around the blocks a few times

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Adkins would be a good suit for Villa, why they'd try and poach a 2 year (left?) contracted manager for one that was doing pretty well before he got sacked wouldn't make much sense?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Can't see Gus leaving us for a car crash of a club like Villa.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
:facepalm:

Lambert about to get sacked/resign. Apparently some Villa fans tried to attack him at the final whistle.

2/1 Roberto Di Matteo
16/1 Mark Hughes
16/1 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
20/1 Steve Bruce
20/1 Tim Sherwood
25/1 Ian Holloway
25/1 Rafael Benitez
25/1 Gus Poyet
25/1 Tony Mowbray
25/1 Sean ODriscoll

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yeah, I can see how that shithouse gig would tempt Gus. What a pile of steaming turd that team are.

Fast track into the prem, with nearly half a season left and not in the bottom three. I think he would be very tempted indeed, not the same situation as Wolves last season, no where near. Villa are a massive club still.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Villa are f***ed. That job is definitely a poisoned chalice. We could easily be above them this time next year

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Every story up until now about Lambert has suggested his job is very safe and that's always been the word in the Midlands, so not sure that will change even after tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here