Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to Villa?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
kopking88 on 606: "Gus Poyet Aston Villa bound? My mate works for his agents and Villa have made enquiries"
The Uruguayan has been a busy boy chasing players for Brighton on transfer deadline day... but stranger things have happened (Joe Kinnear at Newcastle for one)

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
"kopking88 on 606: "Gus Poyet Aston Villa bound? My mate works for his agents and Villa have made enquiries"
The Uruguayan has been a busy boy chasing players for Brighton on transfer deadline day... but stranger things have happened (Joe Kinnear at Newcastle for one)"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
BBC rumour site off twitter........ Rubbish

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
They've already said it's essential that their next manager has premier league managing experience. He's certainly not going there.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
From the Beeb

kopking88 on 606: "Gus Poyet Aston Villa bound? My mate works for his agents and Villa have made enquiries"
The Uruguayan has been a busy boy chasing players for Brighton on transfer deadline day... but stranger things have happened (Joe Kinnear at Newcastle for one)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Utter nonsense, he's in his first job and a manager and with a League One team, there's no way a club the size of Villa would take him now.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
If they did genuinely come in with a concrete offer, you could not blame him for leaving, but why would Villa take a gamble on a relatively unproven lower league manager?

Obviously complete rhubarb though!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
They've already said it's essential that their next manager has premier league managing experience. He's certainly not going there.
What he said.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be a seriously shit appointment for a club who want to do better than 6th. No disrespect to Gus but he really has done f*** all to merit a job like that.

I assume 95% of his signings came here because they thought he was here for the long haul. Will do his reputation no good at all to walk now imo but I really can't see him even getting interviewed for the job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here