Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to Villa?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Read what the Villa owner said about the appointment and your mind will be put at rest

"Two of the traits we believe are of crucial importance are that candidates have experience of managing in the Premier League and a strategy for building on the existing strengths in our current squad."

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Can’t see it. No disrespect to Poyet but if Villa had previously been having discussions with Bob Bradley, who had a relatively good run as US coach during the World Cup, they are hardly likely to start looking at League 1 managers.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why would a proper club want a manager who has proved he can't even sign a league one striker in SIX MONTHS? Jesus, he'd take years to do anything in the premier league.

What is Barnes, Scotch Mist?

Oh hang on YOU don't rate Barnes so he's not a League 1 striker, is that right?

Do you want quality or quantity? If it's the latter then Gus is your man, as he's signed at least three strikers off the top of my head (Barnes, Holroyd, the Norwegian). Unfortunately, it's pretty likely that none of them are fit to lick the arse of the one he released.

How do you so defiantely defend what is patently bollocks? Forster scored 40 goals in 98 league games for us, or 0.41 a game (including sub appearances). Barnes, over 12 league games (including subs) has scored 5, or 0.40 a game. Forster is 37, Barnes is not even 21 yet. How, based on that information, can you say that it appears that Barnes is not fit to lick the arse of Forster?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How do you so defiantely defend what is patently bollocks? Forster scored 40 goals in 98 league games for us, or 0.41 a game (including sub appearances). Barnes, over 12 league games (including subs) has scored 5, or 0.40 a game. Forster is 37, Barnes is not even 21 yet. How, based on that information, can you say that it appears that Barnes is not fit to lick the arse of Forster?

More to the point, why would anyone want to lick Forster's arse?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
If they did genuinely come in with a concrete offer, you could not blame him for leaving, but why would Villa take a gamble on a relatively unproven lower league manager?

Obviously complete rhubarb though!

did they not do this with gregory?

(admit he did play foor them though)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Has TCB answered this yet...?

The reply will be very interesting...!

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Do you want quality or quantity? If it's the latter then Gus is your man, as he's signed at least three strikers off the top of my head (Barnes, Holroyd, the Norwegian). Unfortunately, it's pretty likely that none of them are fit to lick the arse of the one he released.

you are a negative influence to this board. You have yet to see Torbjorn play, so can't say it is likely he will be awful. Holroyd does have potential, just wait and see. Barnes is bloody brilliant, and also has even more potential to be brilliant, as he is very young! all better than Forster.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Remind me, how many goals has Forster scored this season for Brentford?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
We have a respected manager, and although he's not achieved much yet, you can bet that a number of Premiership and Championship Chairman are watching him with interest. I'd say he'd be a massive gamble right now, but if we are in playoff contention come the business end of this season, you can be sure an offer will come his way. It is only a matter of time, for sure.

Whether he succumbs to the offer or not will depend on who that offer comes from, and how much further he thinks he can take us. I would like to think that he would only leave us for a top 10 Prem side, but I have BHAFC tinted goggles on !

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Comedy, at this late hour. A classic
What, you weren't joking?
Nurse, nurse, over here quickly, this man is deluded

We have a respected manager, and although he's not achieved much yet, you can bet that a number of Premiership and Championship Chairman are watching him with interest. I'd say he'd be a massive gamble right now, but if we are in playoff contention come the business end of this season, you can be sure an offer will come his way. It is only a matter of time, for sure.

Whether he succumbs to the offer or not will depend on who that offer comes from, and how much further he thinks he can take us. I would like to think that he would only leave us for a top 10 Prem side, but I have BHAFC tinted goggles on !

Spot on there pretty much. I would add though that it may also depend on how happy or frustrated he will be with the squad and how much he can take it forward in terms of budget and support.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Gus wouldn't disappoint us, and as good a manager as he is, I doubt he would be offered the job at a top 10 prem side yet. Maybe in a couple years when we are also in the Premiership, but why would he want a sideways move? :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here