Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to boro

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
who the hell in their right mind would want to live and work in middlesbro!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Not a chance... Mıddlesbro are on the way down, Brighton are on the way up.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If Gus goes I reckon we'll get Xavi and Iniesta in as joint player managers. Only people who'd keep the same standard of flicky flicky going. Blooms money and the amazing new stadium will attract them in easily and they'd be quality at Championship level let alone League 1.

Might be able to bring some more ex Barca players over then and even Fabregas down in January from London since he has Barca connections and wants to leave but Wenger won't sell him to a 'rival'. Of course that's stupid because as anyone knows we'll be competing in the Prem within 5 years and they'd live to regret that.

Then at end of this season Torres and Gerrard will probably want to come play for the bigger Championship club and maybe bring Reina down with them as he needs to be playing a better standard of football to get into the Spanish first team. Keep our best back four in England together and you have a truly great team! Heard it here first! :thumbsup:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Oh yeah formation would be

----------Reina------------
Calde El-Abd Elphick Painter
-----Xavi ---- Fabregas----
Bennett - Iniesta - Lua Lua
---------Torres------------

:albion2: :bounce: :bhasign: :rave: :albion1:

Only problem I see is if Murray doesn't sign a new contract as then without a 2nd 20 goal a season striker we'd have no chance!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Second favourite for the job with Ladbrokes is none other than GARY NEVILLE :lolol:
And Ladbrokes haven't even given Gus a price.

gary neville?!

to be honest, having seen that i wouldnt read ANYTHING into what ladbrokes are saying! the chairman at boro has a pretty good track record with appointing managers (bar strachan, who it seems just hasn't worked out there). he would have totally lost the plot though if neville is even considered in the top 20 for the job

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lets be honest.

EVERY vacancy that comes up between now and at the end of the season - to any club higher than us and Gus wil be linked.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lets be honest.

EVERY vacancy that comes up between now and at the end of the season - to any club higher than us and Gus wil be linked.

Is he being linked though? He's obviously doing brilliantly from our point of view, but he hasn't actually achieved anything yet, not sure clubs at the moment will be coming in for him to be honest, thankfully, he's still below the radar and still learning his trade, all be it very quickly!:bowdown:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Is he being linked though? He's obviously doing brilliantly from our point of view, but he hasn't actually achieved anything yet, not sure clubs at the moment will be coming in for him to be honest, thankfully, he's still below the radar and still learning his trade, all be it very quickly!:bowdown:

I say linked. Maybe I should say wild speculation.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see Gus is 14-1 now, still behind the likes of Ince, Brown, O'Driscoll and Pardew.

Mowbray is still the hot favourite - odds-on with all the bookies

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That's the problem though with punching above your weight. Your manager is a face and will be in demand.

yes he is in demand .........................at Brighton and Hove Albion my friend and I can't see him moving until he has finished the job and by then we might have a full Amex and our reserves will be playing your lot in pre-season friendlies and he will want more of the same

end of

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
this thread is the reason i stopped visiting nsc...gus is the reason i came back... i just cant get enough of all things bha

Don't take it so seriously mate, it's just a bit of banter....a bit of a laugh like. OR you could just put Candle head on your ignore list :thumbsup:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
who the hell in their right mind would want to live and work in middlesbro!

It's a long time since any 'Boro manager or player lived in Middlesbrough, and they only have to work there for a few hours a week. Although Middlesbrough itself is a dump (even compared to Sunderland) it has beautiful countryside and small towns and villages a short drive away.
Obviously Poyet wouldn't be remotely interested in the Middlesbrough job; he's waiting for the big one at The SOL!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I reckon Poyets next job after bringing us success will be as manager of Real Zaragosa as he has said he would like to return there as manager but not for about 5 years, just time to finish the job here then Spain then national coach of Uraguay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here