Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus statement 11:56 this morning - 2 more players still to come

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What does "we're there" mean I wonder? Is it confirmation that we're interested or acknowledgement that the deal is done

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I think the "we're there" relates to the Harley deal - as in, all done bar the clearance.

Would like to see another Centre back and possibly a striker for the inevitable '1 injured, 1 on international duty' scenario with our current front three.

We only need a keeper if Ankergren gets injured.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Gus has continually said that we will NOT be signing a goalkeeper. I don't like to question Gus as he has been proved correct in all of his transfer dealings, but I do think we need a better back up for Casper, as I haven't got that much faith in Brezovan. Although I am very willing to be proved wrong.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Would like to see another Centre back and possibly a striker for the inevitable '1 injured, 1 on international duty' scenario with our current front three.

Now we are in the lofty heights of the Championship internationals "shouldn't" effect things, CMS clashing with the League Cup was a one off really as we have international breaks.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
BBC Sport - Football - Brighton's good start will helps with signings - Poyet

I hope it's a goalie, and a creative midfielder.
But height needed for the inevitable bombardment of balls to Lambert & others, to counter Albion's football played on the deck.

We only need a keeper if Ankergren gets injured.

Gus has continually said that we will NOT be signing a goalkeeper. I don't like to question Gus as he has been proved correct in all of his transfer dealings, but I do think we need a better back up for Casper, as I haven't got that much faith in Brezovan. Although I am very willing to be proved wrong.

Gus pre-season......

"We need to strengthen every single area except the goalkeeper.
"I think we have more than enough cover with the goalkeepers, we've got three great professionals that are working together very well, so that's the only place."

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Did you go to the Spurs game? Lengthy injury to Casper and watch us slide down that table.

We could loan a keeper in that instance. I don't see Gus wasting wages plus a transfer fee on a player that chances are will only make a small amount of appearances. Even so, I think Brez would be good enough if he had a run of games. Gus seems to rate Poke as well so I really would be surprised if we signed anyone else between the sticks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here