Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus statement 11:56 this morning - 2 more players still to come

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I think there is 18 quality players already in the squad that could be in the starting 11. there there is another 6 or 7 that are adiquate back ups, such JFC, Cook and Jamie Smith. We can only name 16 players in a game and we are looking to add 2 more to that, Gus is going to do well to keep eveyone happy this season!!!

if all fit and all available what would your 16 be, mine would be:

1. Casper
  2. Brez
  3. Painter
  4. Caldy
  5. Greer
  6. Dunk
  7. Vincelot
  8. Buckley
  9. Noone
  10. KKL
  11. Sparrow
  12. Bridcut
  13. Dicker
  14. CMS
  15. Barnes
  16. Hoskins

You then have

1. Narvarro
  2. El AB
  3. Elphick
  4. Cook
  5. JFC
  6. Adgestien
  7. Berkamp
  8. Jamie Smith
  9. Kasim (i think thats right)

and then if all deals are complete

1. Harley
  2. signing
  3. signing

thats 28 players to keep happy.........the joys of being a manager!!!
and one big wage bill!!

Glad I dont have to pick the team!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Did you go to the Spurs game? Lengthy injury to Casper and watch us slide down that table.

What keeper worth a run in the side would be willing to sit on the bench until that (hopefully does not) happens?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did you go to the Spurs game? Lengthy injury to Casper and watch us slide down that table.

Brezovan has played 9 competitive games since May 2010, back before we played tippy-tappy the way we did all last season and have started to this season. If he had a run in the side, had a chance to play our style regularly, I'm confident he would get more comfortable in it, and we wouldn't slide down the table, at least not as fast or as severely as you suggest.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I think there is 18 quality players already in the squad that could be in the starting 11. there there is another 6 or 7 that are adiquate back ups, such JFC, Cook and Jamie Smith. We can only name 16 players in a game and we are looking to add 2 more to that, Gus is going to do well to keep eveyone happy this season!!!

1. Casper
  2. Brez
  3. Painter
  4. Caldy
  5. Greer
  6. Dunk
  7. Vincelot
  8. Buckley
  9. Noone
  10. KKL
  11. Sparrow
  12. Bridcut
  13. Dicker
  14. CMS
  15. Barnes
  16. Hoskins

You then have

1. Narvarro
  2. El AB
  3. Elphick
  4. Cook
  5. JFC
  6. Adgestien
  7. Berkamp
  8. Jamie Smith

1. Harley
  2. signing
  3. signing

and one big wage bill!!

There is also Poke, and to an extent Taricco. It's quite unfair that people like Smith, Cook, Bergkamp, Agdestein, Kasim and JFC won't get much of an opportunity this season, as all are promising under 21's players. I think Elphick and Navarro will find it very hard to even make the bench often this season, hopefully they will get chances and be professional about it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ankergren doing fantastic job. If out, Brezovan would worry me, especially with aireals in a crowded box, and poor distribution.

Thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis

With Brez in goal I FEAR for us I really do.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Thanks Munkfiish I wonder if he still features in GP's plans?

He was told he could leave at the end of last season, and a new keeper was added to the development squad, which would suggest he was surplus to requirements.

However, Walker has started quite a few DS games.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I am 100%certain if anything happened to Casper, sent off or injury then Gus would get a keeper either on a month loan or for however long was required. Brezovan is not up to it, but whats the point in paying a top keeper to sit on bench..The loan system is open right up untill March I belive, if nothing happens to Casper I bet we get one on loan then, untill the end of the season just in case....Cudicini would be a good shout.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

1. Casper
  2. Brez
  3. Painter
  4. Caldy
  5. Greer
  6. Dunk
  7. Vincelot
  8. Buckley
  9. Noone
  10. KKL
  11. Sparrow
  12. Bridcut
  13. Dicker
  14. CMS
  15. Barnes
  16. Hoskins

You then have

1. Narvarro
  2. El AB
  3. Elphick
  4. Cook
  5. JFC
  6. Adgestien
  7. Berkamp
  8. Jamie Smith

1. Harley
  2. signing
  3. signing

and one big wage bill!!

Injuries, suspensions (look how many bookings we already have) and the fact that we play a squad system dependent on the opposition means that most of the 1st team squad will get plenty of games imo

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Gus will only sign a keeper if one becomes available for a very cheap price and he is considerably better than Ankergren. If he gets injured and is out for a long period I can see Gus signing a youngster on loan from the premiership for a few months

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
After the long wait for the remaining signings i hope we go for more of a name than Harley.

What is so great about a 'name'? Harley has been a target for ages Exeter loved him (I think) so what is wrong with that

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What is so great about a 'name'? Harley has been a target for ages Exeter loved him (I think) so what is wrong with that

Agreed... really need a striker with physical presence who can play a bit too IMHO...

D

Deleted User X18H

Actually he said this at the press briefing at the Amex at about 9:15 am. What he said was aside from Harley we are after two players. He also hinted at a bit of raotation over the next 3 games.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No need for a goalkeeper.

Poke was offered another year's contract and plays with the development squad. I feel that people are being very harsh on Brezovan who made one error in front of a lot of people so therefore cannot be forgiven. He got us out of the relegation mire last season with some fantastic saves but people have short memories. He's better at coming for crosses than Ankergren and can save penalties too. The only reason that Ankergren joined us just before the season started a year ago was because Brez broke his wrist. Ankergren has does a fine job and so therefore keeps the shirt.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
After the long wait for the remaining signings i hope we go for more of a name than Harley.

We've played two teams who are full of 'names' and beaten them. I prefer Gus' way of signing young hungry players who are willing to learn his way of playing.

D

Deleted User X18H

Just listened back to my recording whatt Gus actually said was that we a targetting two players we have been followng for a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here