Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus say's that The Amex is one of the best

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
agree with this but will try and get to Hull and Cov next season as both look impressive.

ive been to coventry twice for both football and rugby and it's been pretty shit both times. its a different design to most of the other new grounds, but there is just something about it that up until now i havent liked

hull on the other hand was delightful

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Genuine question for OP - just as a matter of interest, why did you think there was a need to put an apostrophe in says? I'm intrigued to know what your thought processes were as to why it was needed.

I'm genuinely interested to know why someone would care. I'm interested to know what your thought processes were behind pointing this out.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'm genuinely interested to know why someone would care. I'm interested to know what your thought processes were behind pointing this out.

...because grammar & punctuation matter; I'm entirely behind Gwylan. The population at large should care more about appropriate apostrophe application.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
to be fair Cardiff ,Southampton,Derby & Leicesters are EXACTLY the same flatpack ground !!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I'm not being pedantic and I wasn't making a dig, I was genuinely interested to know why someone believed there was a need for an apostrophe there.

While it's wrong, I can see why people put apostrophes in its and I can sort of understand why people use them in constructions like PCs or CDs but I couldn't understand why anyone would put one in says and was intrigued to know why.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
i think gus likes elland road. its massive

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Normally you'd say the grounds of the Prem teams coming down would be better but I can't really say that West Ham, Blackpool, Wigan or Wolves are better (never been to Blackburn but it doesn't look that much on TV).

Genuine question for OP - just as a matter of interest, why did you think there was a need to put an apostrophe in says? I'm intrigued to know what your thought processes were as to why it was needed.

Wooo there, molineux is a great ground! Great atmosphere too when they get going, agree on the others though. west Ham can be a great atmosphere on its day though. Best thing about blackpool away is a go on "The big One" at the theme park. Never lets you down.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
there are very few poor grounds in the championship next year............Selhurst (not because it's Palace but because it's not very good) Fratton Park. Bloomfield Road if Blackpool come down (although the town more than makes up for it). That's about it.

Oakwell and the Boleyn are dated but proper football grounds; Molyneux (if they come down) is a bit of a curate's egg of a place but overall impressive; and Ashton Gate is chalk and cheese compared to our recent history visiting the MEM. Lots of new grounds some with atmosphere and some without much. It will be interesting how the Amex turns out in that respect

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Is Gus still in the UK? I thought he would have been making the most of a chance to pop back and see family in Uruguay, or be soaking up some rays in Zaragoza.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wooo there, molineux is a great ground! Great atmosphere too when they get going, agree on the others though. west Ham can be a great atmosphere on its day though. Best thing about blackpool away is a go on "The big One" at the theme park. Never lets you down.

I'm a bit biased against Molyneux because I've been there with an ex who was a Wolves season ticket holder (probably still is) but it never struck me as a great ground. I agree that Boleyn Ground can be really atmospheric but if it were that great, West Ham wouldn't be moving out.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have always rated grounds by, amongst many other factors, the atmosphere that can be generated inside them. Although I haven't been to all of the grounds in the Championship, I have always rated Sellhurst, Elland Road and Ashton Gate. It is true that they aren't modern in many (if any) respects, but fill them with passionate supporters and you get a real matchday atmosphere, which really makes an away trip for me.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
there are very few poor grounds in the championship next year............Selhurst (not because it's Palace but because it's not very good) Fratton Park. Bloomfield Road if Blackpool come down (although the town more than makes up for it). That's about it.

Oakwell and the Boleyn are dated but proper football grounds; Molyneux (if they come down) is a bit of a curate's egg of a place but overall impressive; and Ashton Gate is chalk and cheese compared to our recent history visiting the MEM. Lots of new grounds some with atmosphere and some without much. It will be interesting how the Amex turns out in that respect

i really like selhurst - proper old ground and whenever we play there the atmosphere is top notch as you would expect. fratton park on the other hand is a total shit hole though

pezza

Oct 26, 2010
seaford
Quite like the walkers stadium been there twice, plus you can get a beer in the ground not to sure how many other championship teams have bars were you can get a beer and not be in the VIP seats

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I have to agree Gully, I think atmosphere and the game are more important than the ground. As has been said, a full Elland Road is a fantastic place to watch football. Its the same at Selhurst, a total shit hole, but when we are there it is rocking. But I am so looking forward to this season, going from arguably the worst ground in the football league, to one of the best. I just hope we can make the Amex rock all season.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Quite like the walkers stadium been there twice, plus you can get a beer in the ground not to sure how many other championship teams have bars were you can get a beer and not be in the VIP seats

virtually all of them?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here