Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus says people who criticise Ashley Barnes don't understand football

If I may cut to the core of what's being said by Poyet, it is almost exactly the same as when people criticised Adam el-Abd.
HE could see an excellent and integral player to the workings of a successful team, whereas those shouting their bullshit "get rid"s back then and are now trying to make out he's improved only under Gus's management, don't know ANYTHING about football.

Barnes scoring rate speaks volumes enough, without taking into account his work elsewhere on the pitch which enables a lot of things to happen for us throughout the games, yet the dull rant about a moment when he might not bury the ball every time or the pass to him is not perfect for him to do exactly what they want to see.

To those morons I say sit the eff down and let NMH tell you what a good player looks like because you have no clue.

Anyway, whatever - good thread TIMMY, and worthwhile posting for once.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Yeah, it's really not though, that's an absolutely ridiculous statement. I'm not claiming it to be worth a Pulitzer, but one thing is for sure, as it's in English, it's by default way better than HB&B's effort. If my pissed 1am redrafting of his nonsense would make a wall of shame, I dread to think where his would be. He can't use speech marks, commas or full stops. If he's trying to be a journalist that's sort of a minimum requirement, wouldn't you say?

Whilst you are absolutely right that that sentence is far, far too long, it took me five minutes to translate his gibberish. Five. If I was in his position I probably would have taken, I don't know, ten minutes- long enough to redraft? Breaking that overly long sentence into two would take perhaps another 20 seconds. He's a joke and I'm sorry, but I don't actually see how, as a published article, it could BE any worse, unless he got a cat to walk across the keyboard and just went with whatever letters appeared on the screen. I'm not convinced that isn't his method to be honest.

Your effort is so boring. Drone drone drone. At least mine gets the readers attention.

This is Brighton pal......wham bam in yer face. That's what they want.

You need to grasp that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Needs direct quotes. Without this, the article has no authority.
Or just make the quotes up. It's the step you need to take for a career with the Daily Mail.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Your effort is so boring. Drone drone drone. At least mine gets the readers attention.

This is Brighton pal......wham bam in yer face. That's what they want.

You need to grasp that.

I've come to the conclusion that you genuinely don't care and are just permanently on a wind up. Every blog you post is f***ing drivel, you get 40 replies telling you so, and you for some reason glory in it and repeat the whole charade next week. You should be ashamed of what you're writing out of professional pride, but you're not, you just love the attention, which makes you not just shit at your job, but childish into the bargain. Whatever, enjoy the abuse if that's what you get off on. If you ever work out what the following mysterious symbols are for, I truly hope you have an epiphany:
"

D

Deleted User X18H

I've come to the conclusion that you genuinely don't care and are just permanently on a wind up. Every blog you post is f***ing drivel, you get 40 replies telling you so, and you for some reason glory in it and repeat the whole charade next week. You should be ashamed of what you're writing out of professional pride, but you're not, you just love the attention, which makes you not just shit at your job, but childish into the bargain. Whatever, enjoy the abuse if that's what you get off on. If you ever work out what the following mysterious symbols are for, I truly hope you have an epiphany:
"

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! Why do you call yourself Brightonrock, but live in Worthing?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
If I may cut to the core of what's being said by Poyet, it is almost exactly the same as when people criticised Adam el-Abd.
HE could see an excellent and integral player to the workings of a successful team, whereas those shouting their bullshit "get rid"s back then and are now trying to make out he's improved only under Gus's management, don't know ANYTHING about football.

Barnes scoring rate speaks volumes enough, without taking into account his work elsewhere on the pitch which enables a lot of things to happen for us throughout the games, yet the dull rant about a moment when he might not bury the ball every time or the pass to him is not perfect for him to do exactly what they want to see.

To those morons I say sit the eff down and let NMH tell you what a good player looks like because you have no clue.

Anyway, whatever - good thread TIMMY, and worthwhile posting for once.

I was going to write something similar...you've saved me the effort NMH .....Thanks.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Dont you realise that as a result of the standard of education declining for years now that bad grammer is hardly noticed,these forums are for people to express their views and they should not be deterred by critism of their grammer and spelling.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Dont you realise that as a result of the standard of education declining for years now that bad grammer is hardly noticed,these forums are for people to express their views and they should not be deterred by critism of their grammer and spelling.

Oh the irony! The word is spelt grammar.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion : Poyet – Barnes gives us options

By Tim Hodges

Gus Poyet feels that some of the fans who criticise Ashley Barnes don’t quite understand football.

The Albion boss thinks fans should perhaps look at what Barnes brings to the team , not just scoring goals but his movement and his work rate when the Albion aren’t in possession of the ball.

Poyet feels Barnes deserves his regular staring place on merit. Going on to say the former Plymouth man gives the Albion options, and always wants to win and that the striker is a very important player for the Albion.

Barnes is contacted to the Seagulls until July 2013.

Poyet however wouldn’t be drawn on other individual contracts. Stating that what concerns him is, when a player has a three year deal, sometimes an agent will try and renegotiate that with eighteen months still left. The Albion boss feels a three year deal means they play for three years, then if they are good enough be rewarded with a new deal.

Only a few exceptional players have the right to renegotiate midterm. I don’t like players or agents asking for extensions when there is still time left, said the Seagulls boss.

What the dictator means is if you disagree with me you do not understand football:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here