Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said this morning he will enjoy the Liverpool game but seemed to suggest

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I would imagine that the member of staff would lose his right to tickets for games in the future. Staff have always had tickets to give away and I haven't heard of aggro happening before because of it.

Fair enough TB, and I don't expect for a minute that it would result in such. But wouldn't it have been so much nicer if he had donated them to a Local school or something, so some local kids could go, instead of "not caring" who he gave them to?

Maybe to some less well-off kids who would not otherwise have been able to go.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I would imagine that the member of staff would lose his right to tickets for games in the future. Staff have always had tickets to give away and I haven't heard of aggro happening before because of it.

Do you know if the staff are GIVEN tickets, or whether they have the right to apply/ask for them? Difference for me if a staff member was given them and had to get rid of them as opposed to one who asked for them and gave them away to scousers

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Have you just started reading?

dont let it get to you mate.

Seemly if you were not born or conceived in Brighton you cant possibly know what it is like to be a Brighton fan and you are probably a plastic. Brighton fans are obsessed with calling people "plastic".

So f***ing what it someone supports a team and doesnt go and watch them...but no...all we get on here is whinge moan "I'm a bettr fan than you" bollocks.

Its really quite quaint

BTW Shanks was a great manager for Huddersfield too!!!

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
So f***ing what it someone supports a team and doesnt go and watch them...

It's hardly supporting then is it? Maybe you should have said "mildly liking".

And, I apologise to those who, for genuine reasons, can't get to games, but have a genuine affection / affiliation with the Albion. You are not plastics. But those who stick a pin in the Premier league table, somewhere near the top, to decide which team they are going to support. THEY ARE PLASTICS!

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you know if the staff are GIVEN tickets, or whether they have the right to apply/ask for them? Difference for me if a staff member was given them and had to get rid of them as opposed to one who asked for them and gave them away to scousers

I don't know. Most people would opt for an easy option like a mate asking for the ticket rather than going to all the trouble of deciding which school or which kid deserved one. Whether than kid could go on a school night and which adult should take them. No, it's far easier just to pass onto a mate.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I don't know. Most people would opt for an easy option like a mate asking for the ticket rather than going to all the trouble of deciding which school or which kid deserved one. Whether than kid could go on a school night and which adult should take them. No, it's far easier just to pass onto a mate.

Doen't make it alright, though, does it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's hardly supporting then is it? Maybe you should have said "mildly liking".

And, I apologise to those who, for genuine reasons, can't get to games, but have a genuine affection / affiliation with the Albion. You are not plastics. But those who stick a pin in the Premier league table, somewhere near the top, to decide which team they are going to support. THEY ARE PLASTICS!

Well, quite.

In what way does watching a big team 200 miles away, every SUPER SUNDAY, from the local shit pub, constitute 'support'? Those mental koreans and chinese who turn up in their thousands, to watch a training session, once every four years, on each far East tour, are BETTER fans than any idiot born and raised in Sussex or Surrey, who thinks that supporting a club involves wearing a Liverpool shirt round Asda on a Saturday afternoon, and buying your kids a Stevie G pencil case.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

I completely agree- and wouldn't mind so much if that was the case, as the staff are being put in a position where they have to get rid of them. I would be quite incensed however, if staff who don't care about following the albion are applying for tickets and then giving them to Liverpool fans...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No-one is disagreeing that it would be "nice" to beat Liverpool. Great if we did. The point is, it is the least important match of the three, and what the true, proper fans really want is to beat Palace and Leeds.

As I said on a previous thread, the Liverpool match is a treat for the plastics. The main event starts again on Friday.

As for Liverpool "fans" in the home end....Well, bollocks to them!
Sorry, personally I fundamentally disagree. I would MUCH rather beat Liverpool than Leeds. Leeds is a bog-standard, humdrum, workaday league game; whatever the result it will not have a material effect on our season - although if we lose to Leeds and end up getting relegated by three points feel free to blame me!. Beating Liverpool on the other hand gets us one step nearer a proper Wembley Cup final and perhaps the prospect of European football, although maybe for some on here perhaps I should say the 'threat' of European football ("Rather get three points against Blackpool than win the Europa league!")

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Doen't make it alright, though, does it?

I didn't say that it does. I'm trying to play devil's advocate here. Staff tickets won't have gone on sale to Albion supporters. I think Amex staff also have tickets made available to them but not sure how that works.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
dont let it get to you mate.

Seemly if you were not born or conceived in Brighton you cant possibly know what it is like to be a Brighton fan and you are probably a plastic. Brighton fans are obsessed with calling people "plastic".

So f***ing what it someone supports a team and doesnt go and watch them...but no...all we get on here is whinge moan "I'm a bettr fan than you" bollocks.

Its really quite quaint

BTW Shanks was a great manager for Huddersfield too!!!

Openly displaying a Huddersfield logo is ok then I guess?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry but me supporting my local team because I live here rather than following a big club miles away and that I have no connection to DOES make me a better fan.
100% spot on. For the last few years I've had more the 'Granny Weatherwax' approach inasmuch as I think you can support who the hell you like, but over the last few weeks I've become intensely irritated by the attitudes of certain plastic Liverpool fans of my acquaintance. Seeing them play live once or twice a season and cheering them on from the pub the rest of the time doesn't make you a real fan - especially for those who picked them as their team simply because they're good.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I didn't say that it does. I'm trying to play devil's advocate here. Staff tickets won't have gone on sale to Albion supporters. I think Amex staff also have tickets made available to them but not sure how that works.

Fair comment TB. I would just like to see ALL Albion home end tickets go on sale / be made available to genuine Albion fans. Moreover, if they are going to be given away, then much better to a really deserving cause. A little bit more effort could have really made some young lad / lasses day. Much better than the easy option of bunging them "uncaringly" to an opposition fan.

However, in this case, it's not certain that the staff-member concerned really did give them away, or just hasn't realised his pocket has been picked yet!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
100% spot on. For the last few years I've had more the 'Granny Weatherwax' approach inasmuch as I think you can support who the hell you like, but over the last few weeks I've become intensely irritated by the attitudes of certain plastic Liverpool fans of my acquaintance. Seeing them play live once or twice a season and cheering them on from the pub the rest of the time doesn't make you a real fan - especially for those who picked them as their team simply because they're good.

I think you'll find that the ones who go as far as to see them live as MANY times as 'once or twice' are in a tiny minority.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Without getting loads of abuse, can I state the obvious ... all GENUINE Albion fans should be Amex season ticket holders (although I accept there may be odd cases where this doesn't apply) &, as STH, will have had ample time to get their Liverpool tickets. Am I right or talking complete crap?

Hmm not quite. A mate of mine bleeds blue and white, unfortunately works shifts incl most (if not all) Sats so didnt get a STH. He goes to midweek games when his shifts allow.

A more GENUINE fan tho you would be hard to meet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here