Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said this morning he will enjoy the Liverpool game but seemed to suggest

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair comment TB. I would just like to see ALL Albion home end tickets go on sale / be made available to genuine Albion fans. Moreover, if they are going to be given away, then much better to a really deserving cause. A little bit more effort could have really made some young lad / lasses day. Much better than the easy option of bunging them "uncaringly" to an opposition fan.

However, in this case, it's not certain that the staff-member concerned really did give them away, or just hasn't realised his pocket has been picked yet!

I agree with you, but to be fair to SouthcoastShankly, he said, 'I got the tickets for free, they weren't ever on sale.'

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
How about Nooney who has got 20 tickets for his family? They will be in the staff seats. Should he be shamed?

Bet you any money that:

A) they will want the Albion to WIN for Nooney. The same cannot be said for the plastic scousers in the Albion end

B) they are all genuine scousers anyway and by definition probably go to Anfield and are not some southern prat who "supports" them because they are on the tele alot or used to win things.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Without getting loads of abuse, can I state the obvious ... all GENUINE Albion fans should be Amex season ticket holders (although I accept there may be odd cases where this doesn't apply) &, as STH, will have had ample time to get their Liverpool tickets. Am I right or talking complete crap?
Haven't you got that the wrong way round? Surely it should be that "All STHs should be genuine Albion fans". Otherwise you're saying that we've only got 18,0000 or so fans! (And I'm not one of them BTW).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bet you any money that:

A) they will want the Albion to WIN for Nooney. The same cannot be said for the plastic scousers in the Albion end

B) they are all genuine scousers anyway and by definition probably go to Anfield and are not some southern prat who "supports" them because they are on the tele alot or used to win things.

I reckon you're right although Navarro's family are all Everton so will definitely want us to win.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sorry but me supporting my local team because I live here rather than following a big club miles away and that I have no connection to DOES make me a better fan.

This.

And whats WORSE, oh so much worse, is when some PLASTIC **** wearing his Liverpool shirt or Chelsea shirt says "oh but Brighton are shit" when you tell them who you support. Why? Because we are not on the f***ing tele every week.

Tell you what why dont you f*** off you waste of sussex oxygen?

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I didn't say that it does. I'm trying to play devil's advocate here. Staff tickets won't have gone on sale to Albion supporters. I think Amex staff also have tickets made available to them but not sure how that works.

About a week before each game there is an email lottery offering a limited amount of tickets(about 10 pairs I think ) which can be purchased should your email be the in the first 10. Apart from the Spurs game which was free,all tickets are full price but go out to Amex employees of all supporting persuasions.
Certainly on my floor , I only hear of people who are keen to watch the Albion and not the opposition.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
dont let it get to you mate.

Seemly if you were not born or conceived in Brighton you cant possibly know what it is like to be a Brighton fan and you are probably a plastic. Brighton fans are obsessed with calling people "plastic".

So f***ing what it someone supports a team and doesnt go and watch them...but no...all we get on here is whinge moan "I'm a bettr fan than you" bollocks.

Its really quite quaint

BTW Shanks was a great manager for Huddersfield too!!!

or they are obsessed with how clever it is to support 2 teams.... how quaint

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
For me, it's not about being a better fan than someone else who loves the Albion, just because I managed one extra away game or something. It's about being a PROPER fan. That is the point!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
dont let it get to you mate.

Seemly if you were not born or conceived in Brighton you cant possibly know what it is like to be a Brighton fan and you are probably a plastic. Brighton fans are obsessed with calling people "plastic".

So f***ing what it someone supports a team and doesnt go and watch them...but no...all we get on here is whinge moan "I'm a bettr fan than you" bollocks.

Its really quite quaint

BTW Shanks was a great manager for Huddersfield too!!!

I am sorry Dave but I could not disagree more. Try telling that to kids who are hounded and humilated by kids from families who support the big successful clubs.

If such like choose to make easy choices then they deserve all the grief they get!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He's getting a lot of grief, but do we know [MENTION=21652]SouthCoastShankly[/MENTION]'s Liverpool following/supporting provenance yet?

My daughter was born c175 miles away from Brighton, has lived her whole life away from Sussex yet is a born and bred Albion fan. Her first game, at 6 weeks or so, was Derby away and she's seen a lot more away games than home games.

There will be Liverpool and Manchester United fans who have a similar background, born to parents who have moved away from the North-West but retain their love for the team they've always followed which gets passed onto their kids. There will, of course, be plenty who have no connection to the North-West and just latched onto these teams like some sort of fashion statement.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This.

And whats WORSE, oh so much worse, is when some PLASTIC **** wearing his Liverpool shirt or Chelsea shirt says "oh but Brighton are shit" when you tell them who you support. Why? Because we are not on the f***ing tele every week.

Tell you what why dont you f*** off you waste of sussex oxygen?
That's the spirit! :clap: Come Wednesday evening you'll be thinking "Stuff Leeds, I really want to shut these plastic twats up!"

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I am sorry Dave but I could not disagree more. Try telling that to kids who are hounded and humilated by kids from families who support the big successful clubs.

If such like choose to make easy choices then they deserve all the grief they get!

Not given free tickets in the Albion seats, just because some bone-idol member of staff can't be arsed to do the right thing.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
A)There will be Liverpool and Manchester United fans who have a similar background, born to parents who have moved away from the North-West but retain their love for the team they've always followed which gets passed onto their kids.

B)There will, of course, be plenty who have no connection to the North-West and just latched onto these teams like some sort of fashion statement.

No argument with those in group A of your post Bozza, just can't stand the group B lot!

Nov 20, 2003
hove
My son over the years has had loads of stick fom kids at school,Albion are shit ect all coming from so called prem suporeters who have never been to a game ,but now it all Brighton this and brighton that and WE are doing so well .He is v pissed off with them and cant stand the kids on the band waggon...7 brighton shirts at football practice when last year his was the only one.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
Hmm not quite. A mate of mine bleeds blue and white, unfortunately works shifts incl most (if not all) Sats so didnt get a STH. He goes to midweek games when his shifts allow.

A more GENUINE fan tho you would be hard to meet.

In my defence, I did say they are exceptions where a genuine fan might not be a STH.

For the record, I am going to the Liverpool match with two friends who are Amex STH's & both Liverpool fans from early childhood (they will be sitting in their normal seats in the home end) - interesting! I expect there will be lots of other Brighton fans who also support Liverpool in the home end tomorrow.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
all GENUINE Albion fans should be Amex season ticket holders (although I accept there may be odd cases where this doesn't apply)

Such as Brighton fans who don't live in Sussex, ex-pats like myself, people currently experiencing financial difficulties, fans who have to work on Saturdays, fans with wives who aren't happy with them spending every other Saturday watching football, fans with ex-wives who only let them see their kids at weekends and any number of of other reasons that could possibly warrant a 'genuine' fan not owning a season ticket?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
In my defence, I did say they are exceptions where a genuine fan might not be a STH.

For the record, I am going to the Liverpool match with two friends who are Amex STH's & both Liverpool fans from early childhood (they will be sitting in their normal seats in the home end) - interesting! I expect there will be lots of other Brighton fans who also support Liverpool in the home end tomorrow.

I personally don't see how anyone can support two teams. It just ain't right!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here