Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said this morning he will enjoy the Liverpool game but seemed to suggest

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's not a very good point at all! Do you seriously believe Tony Bloom would fund the club to the tune of £90 MILLION of his own cash and then impose a wage structure that would seriously impair our chances of fulfilling his own vision for the club? Would we seriously be able to fight off WHU, Leicester etc for £2.5 MILLION CMS on a shoestring? Attract Vicente? I am 100% certain we'd not try and compete with Premier League Norwich's offer to Elliott Bennett but we don't have the £40 MILLION guaranteed they have amassed by joining the elite. Get a grip.

No I meant it was a good point about Gus.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
WTF
Is that your definition of a genuine supporter? Season ticket holder?
In fact, it would be a subset of season ticket holder wouldn't it.

So at a stroke you discount...
Poor supporters who cant afford a season ticket
Slightly less poor people who cant justify the price of a ticket against their families other priorities
Shift workers and others who can't commit to a whole season through working patterns.
Those who simply wanted to choose go to a few matches per season rather than commit to the entire year.

I supported the albion since 1974 when it was 35p for a junior to get in the North Stand, and we sang, "Don't give it to Binney!" due to his habbit of hitting row Z from 10 feet.
I bought a house... just because it overlooked the Goldstone.I have seen them play live in every division, home and away.
I went to Wembley.
I went to Gillingham.
I went to Withdean.
(Didn't manage Cardiff due to wife booking holiday over the playoff final dates).
I haven't got a season ticket, and I haven't yet managed to get to see a game at the new home.
I'll be watching the Albion on Telly Wednesday night.

Happy to be considered non-GENUINE

Just the point I was trying to make .. didn't want to buy a season ticket to watch the games. Now that is tight!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have it on very good authority that if Bennett had got a pay rise he would of stayed.

Seriously, that is utter bollocks and very misleading. Bennett stayed to help us get promoted, but he was always going to go to Norwich if they got to the Premier League, and he was offered the kind of salary that ONLY a PL club can offer. When you say 'a pay rise' you mean about 8 times what he was on, which was never going to happen, so it's a non-point.

I have been told by senior staff at other Championship clubs that they cannot compete with Brighton or Southampton on wages - and they (in one case) pay max £6,000-a-week. So if Brighton are paying considerably more than that (and they are for CMS), it would appear to blow your other 'tight-fisted' point out of the window. We're not paying what West Ham and Leicester pay - but they are probably the highest payers in Championship history.

Is there anything else about which you know nothing at all you'd like to discuss?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Well ok Dave, but, in fairness, if you read it back, you did then immediately make an assumption about information about players' wages coming from staff! Anyway, you are long enough in the tooth to know that while Gus is an absolute genius and probably the best thing that has ever happened to the club from a playing perspective, the most important figure is Anthony Grant Bloom. To suggest he is some Ken Bates wages despot is nothing short of ridiculous.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't scare him off. I'm waiting to hear why paying THIRTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS for Andy Carroll represents a model of business acumen.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I meant just the smug ones who seem to believe they have superior knowledge just because they tell people that they support Man United.

Ah...good point , well made

:clap::clap::clap:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Don't scare him off. I'm waiting to hear why paying THIRTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS for Andy Carroll represents a model of business acumen.

Can we add by being a mini man utd and racking up loads of bank debt before being bailed out by another Yank?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Worst. Signing. Ever.

Makes Torres at £50m look like a bargain.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well ok Dave, but, in fairness, if you read it back, you did then immediately make an assumption about information about players' wages coming from staff! Anyway, you are long enough in the tooth to know that while Gus is an absolute genius and probably the best thing that has ever happened to the club from a playing perspective, the most important figure is Anthony Grant Bloom. To suggest he is some Ken Bates wages despot is nothing short of ridiculous.

Totally agree. I dread to think what would have happened if TB had not stepped in to fund the club. From meeting him, granted only once, he certainly has the club at the forefront and firmly believes in the fans, and what Gus is doing unlike Mr bates and his "offshore" buddies

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Frankly Mr Shankly (or whatever your name is)

If you are comfortable your ticket was obtained honestly and openly through the club then you'll be happy to post your seat number on here

yours in anticipation

PG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Worst. Signing. Ever.

Makes Torres at £50m look like a bargain.

Utterly embarrassing, and shows KD as the shit manager that he is. Great cheerleader. Great name to encourage people to join. Terrible manager.

It took Liverpool years to recover from the dreadful ageing squad he left behind last time round. This will end the same.

The Carroll thing is hilarious. Of course LFC fans will try to justify it by claiming it was 'Chelsea's money anyway'.

Which is a stupid, stupid argument.

If some freak paid me £100 for my packed lunch, I'd laugh, then buy a new £4 lunch for £4. I wouldn't rush out and insist on paying £75 for a Big Mac, just because I had it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here