Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said this morning he will enjoy the Liverpool game but seemed to suggest

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Come on, less of the insults. Every time I sat with you lot you've been nothing but polite and well behaved.

You can't have it both ways. You can mock the spending on Andy Carroll. Inflated yes, but no more than every other young British talent. But when you're forced to over pay for a player you'll understand.

I suspect if Carroll scores the winner, you'll be harping on about how your only a Championship side and he should score against you.

Of all the forums I have been to you lot top the lot for defensive behaviour. And all because some bloke (Tony Meolas Loan Spell) started booing because I had a free ticket in the home end.

f*** me. :D

Give it a rest mate, you come onto a BRIGHTON board bragging that you've got a ticket in the home end.

To quote you: "tickets are rarer than rocking horse shit" and yet you come on here expecting to be
treated like royalty because you support a 'big club'

You have denied a genuine supporter from going, I think the abuse you're getting is fully justified!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do these armchair types actually change allegiences then? It's just that I always hear "I've been a fan since I was a boy 'cos everyone at my school supported Man U, and I wanted to be different...

so I chose Liverpool"

And it's usually said without a HINT of irony.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do these armchair types actually change allegiences then? It's just that I always hear "I've been a fan since I was a boy 'cos everyone at my school supported Man U, and I wanted to be different...

so I chose Liverpool"

And it's usually said without a HINT of irony.

I'm not entirely sure. I would assume that if you simply CHOOSE which team to follow, on the basis of who is succesful at that time, then it stands to reason that once that team is less succesful, you'd swap them for a better one?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not entirely sure. I would assume that if you simply CHOOSE which team to follow, on the basis of who is succesful at that time, then it stands to reason that once that team is less succesful, you'd swap them for a better one?
Not necessarily.

It could be that your telly team turns gash despite spending nearly £100m on players, but you carry on pretending they are half decent. That way, you don't miss out when someone offers you the chance to fulfill a lifetime ambition - a FREE ticket to see your favourites playing at the club just down the road.

Just try and remember what colour your team plays in - remember that if the bloke scoring a goal sounds like a scouser, the chances are that the scousers are not the ones who have scored.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The trouble is that Liverpool aren't really a big club anymore, just another so so mid table Premiership side deluding themselves that they are at the top table when in fact the Manchester sides and Chelsea have left them miles behind. Could you see the likes of Man United, City or Chelsea appointing Roy Hodgson has manager ?

They have a great history and they have fanatical and loyal fans. But that's not the issue here. It's an away fan boasting he's scored a ticket in the home end.

What they are not any more is Champions. The Mancs are out of sight and the bluenoses are ahead of them with a game in hand.

The rednose bastar*s are not Champions anymore
They went to Tottenham Hotspur and they went and let in four
They came down to Brighton and they couldn't even score
Oh the rednose bastar*s are not Champions anymore

As Keegan once said, I would love it...

PG

Last edited:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
This is a cracking thread. Plastic Scouser has been completely done over by some of NSC's toughest.

My personal highlight? Stadio della Wetherspoons :clap2:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Frankly Mr Shankly (or whatever your name is)

If you are comfortable your ticket was obtained honestly and openly through the club then you'll be happy to post your seat number on here

yours in anticipation

PG

No need, we'll obviously recognise him by his thick scouse accent.

Oh.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Deny it all you want mate. You weren't selling out every week at the Withdean in League 2 or League 1, yet now you're in the Championship and have best part of what 18K season tickets.

Seems like the "Palace argument" is watertight.

Sure you have a core set of supporters but you have a lot of season ticket holders who have no historical knowledge of the club/team aside from what they read in match reports. Most of your new season tickets holders probably are priced out of going to watch Prem teams in London. I'd be happy with the revenue but don't go taking the piss suggesting they aren't plastic.

Would you have come here boasting you got free tickets had it still been at withdean? No. So why come on here and act like Billy big bollocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Splendid work guys. Putting the plastic back in his box!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Splendid work guys. Putting the plastic back in his box!

Back out again now.

HPIM0816.jpg

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Sorry, personally I fundamentally disagree. I would MUCH rather beat Liverpool than Leeds. Leeds is a bog-standard, humdrum, workaday league game; whatever the result it will not have a material effect on our season - although if we lose to Leeds and end up getting relegated by three points feel free to blame me!. Beating Liverpool on the other hand gets us one step nearer a proper Wembley Cup final and perhaps the prospect of European football, although maybe for some on here perhaps I should say the 'threat' of European football ("Rather get three points against Blackpool than win the Europa league!")

what????????
have i just misread this?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Going back to something said in page 10, it is amazingly boring having a conversation about football with a plastic fan of a Premier League team. A good mate of mine is a Man Utd "fan" (read "enthusiast") and when he's banging on about "we've scored 8" or "we've got better young players than Arsenal", I'm always tempted to point out that his view on football is shit having not seen a game in a stadium and barely even bothering to watch them live on the TV and that the phrase "we" ought to be reserved for people who actually have a connection to their supported club. It doesn't just happen because you own the shirt. The right to refer to the club as we comes from years of going to matches and comes from having knowledge of how the club works. There aren't many things that really annoy me, but plastic football fans is one of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here