Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus said this morning he is fully aware of the rivalry between us and Palace

LS6

Nov 9, 2010
So you're not interested in another perspective from the press briefings ???

Seems both relevant and interesting to me, but what do I know.

Oh it would be fantastic..if it was something different being said. Like someone said last week, HB&B is trying to become the 'in-man', but it just isn't going to happen

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So you're not interested in another perspective from the press briefings ???

Seems both relevant and interesting to me, but what do I know.

It's not another perspective though is it? He's not hearing anything that any proper journalist wouldn't.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How refreshing to read good sense from both sides.
Let's hope our passion for the club and our pride in the stadium overcomes the tiny minority's joy in stirring hatred and violence - the fishing threads on here don't do anyone any favours nor earn any respect.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How refreshing to read good sense from both sides.
Let's hope our passion for the club and our pride in the stadium overcomes the tiny minority's joy in stirring hatred and violence - the fishing threads on here don't do anyone any favours nor earn any respect.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
This.

I am finding myself looking forward to this game less than I expected because of all the bile and hate that will be present. Don't get me wrong, I want us to win desperately and Murray to make an arse of himself. But the positive support we've given this season has been amazing, let's not stoop too low tomorrow. All of us know Palace fans, 1 or 2 I'd even call friends. Banter, bragging rights, yes. Hate? Not for me.

PG

spot on :thumbsup:

Sep 20, 2005
This.

I am finding myself looking forward to this game less than I expected because of all the bile and hate that will be present. Don't get me wrong, I want us to win desperately and Murray to make an arse of himself. But the positive support we've given this season has been amazing, let's not stoop too low tomorrow. All of us know Palace fans, 1 or 2 I'd even call friends. Banter, bragging rights, yes. Hate? Not for me.

PG

Excellent post.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
One interesting little snippet garnered from Poyet's comments which has been put on the official site:

"I want plenty of football, plenty of passion and plenty of support but that's it. I don't want any problems inside or outside of the stadium or in the train stations."

That, I think, tells us all we need to know about whether the Palace will be held back after the game.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Forgive my ignorance Tim, but are you attending BHA's press conferences in your capacity as blogger extraordinaire these days?

Seeing as Timmy won't give you a detail answer, here goes. He gets to attend press conferences as he writes the Albion related articles for Brighton and Hove News

Although when I say articles its more a list of bullet points from the conference and very little substance.

LS6

Nov 9, 2010
It's called Timmy bashing.

Alot just don't like the fact that HB&B has more access to Gus than we do.

It isn't though is it. If he was coming out with stuff that we wouldn't know if wasn't for him, great! But it is just trying to make out that he has the exclusive. I'd rather he told us about his body language compared to pre-Leeds press conference, did he look nervous etc. Not just making out Gus being aware of the rivalry is unknown

D

Deleted User X18H

Just saw Gus on sky at press conf

Is it just me who is getting bored with them asking him questions about f***ing Chelsea.

As much as I love Gus I wish he would stop answering them, but he is just too honest
was that the Irish guy ? And he turned up late? I put it back on an Albion track with a question about the atmosphere on Friday night. Was that on Sky.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Oh so HB&B is Tim Hodges?

His latest Albion blog appeared on my twitter feed not long ago, a retweet of someone saying, and I quote, "Possibly the worst article I've ever read: Brighton From The Argus) - the writer is an embarrassment."

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Seeing as Timmy won't give you a detail answer, here goes. He gets to attend press conferences as he writes the Albion related articles for Brighton and Hove News

Although when I say articles its more a list of bullet points from the conference and very little substance.

No offence intended, but that reads like a Chinese whisper at times.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Everyone's a bit harsh on HB&B sometimes. Personally I find the little updates more worth a read than some of the tosh posted on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here