Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet's blue and white army - Great effort by the North Stand at least 10 minutes....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is it just me that thought it was largely poor, atmosphere wise, today?

Missed today. A child care cock up meant my missus had to take my son to a party that his sister was not invited to and, since we were let down, I had to look after her. I therefore listened to a home game on the radio instead of in the ground for the first time this season (I have totally missed one and saw Newcastle on telly).

The point is that on the radio your ears are concentrating on the sound and the mics are configured to pick it up rather than suppress it. I was amazed at how loud we were and for how long. Going 1 up early certainly helps but from the point of view of an armchair listener the atmosphere today was outstanding.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
At the Amex, I think it's fair to conclude that the quality of atmosphere is highly dependant on where you sit. The acoustics seem to be very much localised.

I definitely agree with you on this. I've noticed several times this season when people have commented on a good/bad atmosphere & I've wondered what they were on about.

It's definitely localised - if your part of the ground is making a bit of noise it's nigh on impossible to tell whether the other end of the ground is noisy or quiet.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Good work from the North stand and others today, it was the first time this season that I've really notice them

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Funny how everyone on this thread at the start was all up for how good the atmos was today until Bozza comes on and says it wasn't that good and within 60 seconds the 2nd negative post on this thread pops up Albion Dan and then others follow Come on guys be strong and form your own opinions

D

Deleted User X18H

Where I sat today it was buzzing for 90 minutes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So the knob heads calling for poyet out or sitting on the so called fence last month weren't clapping along I take it?

Why?

Football is such a fickle game. Look at the length of time Forest kept O'Driscoll, Blackburn kept Berg or Appleton stayed at Blackpool. After the Watford game we had won 3 in 17 and just submitted our worst Amex performance since Palace. I'd agree that anyone constantly on Poyet's back doesn't quite get it but at that precise point in time questioning him wasn't just a good idea, it was vital.

His response has been a 100% win rate in 2013 and everyone back onside but you have to be able to cajole and question every now and again. Gus is on a long term strategy and contract and therefore a periodic kick up the arse is not only forgivable but necessary. I would say the song was an appreciation of how he responded.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Funny how everyone on this thread at the start was all up for how good the atmos was today until Bozza comes on and says it wasn't that good and within 60 seconds the 2nd negative post on this thread pops up Albion Dan and then others follow Come on guys be strong and form your own opinions

Funny how everyone saying it was good are assumed to be independent thinkers who coincidentally share an opinion, yet those who thought it was poor are simply sheep parroting whatever bozza says.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Great effort by the North Stand at least 10 minutes....

At the Amex, I think it's fair to conclude that the quality of atmosphere is highly dependant on where you sit. The acoustics seem to be very much localised.

This is so true. Sat in WSL, at the south end, the north stand sounds pretty shit to be honest. Last week against Newcastle I sat in the south near the geordies, the north stand sounded far better. :shrug:

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
This is so true. Sat in WSL, at the south end, the north stand sounds pretty shit to be honest. Last week against Newcastle I sat in the south near the geordies, the north stand sounded far better. :shrug:

I sat in my usual seat for both games and the game against Newcastle definitely had the better atmosphere but that was probably due to the noisy Geordies!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Barely any noise in the south. It seems to be getting quieter there every game. But the North sounded decent today and "Gus Poyet's blue and white army" sounded brilliant.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good atmosphere helped by he early goal. I also think the cold weather encourages people to clap, just to keep warm.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Was alright, flat at times. Good to see basically everyone joining in with Gus Poyets Blue and White Army for once too.

Onwards and upwards, it's an improvement compared to Watford !!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
great effort from North as HB&B says and West got into the mood a couple of times too.
Shock was pension alley (south end of East) joining in with the claping if not with the chanting (not surprising as you cant make out the words from that end)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here