Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet Said We Have Spent 70% of our Transfer Budget Already

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What exactly is a licker? Defending the club against stupid posts from people who don't understand basic finance or seemingly what goes on in the football world on an internet forum? Then its pretty safe to assume that most people are 'lickers' and only a very small minority, albeit vocal, are attention seeking and thinking they know best

As I said above, I am just sharing an opinion... Tony WILL invest in the team as well as the stadium... what are you defending? I haven't attacked anyone except the lickers... I certainly haven't attacked the club...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Please tell me you are taking the piss, blame Bloom for what exactly? Wanting automatic promotion, wanting the best for his team? You don't know what the budget is/was what the 70% Poyet talks about relates to, or if its all talk trying to get agents to lower their demands. Take your head out of your arse and take a look around the football world and tell me what is going on with clubs who spend beyond their means

I blame bloom for putting so much expectation on Poyet's head, no way will we get automatic promotion with this current squad, as it is play offs is unlikely, don't say 'I'm expecting top 2' then not back the manager to achieve that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
***binfest***

I've never been called a licker before. Pretty sure I'm just a moderate fan who supports the team an appreciates someone putting £100m of their own dosh into it.

Err... I think you'll find I too support the team AND am also appreciative of Tony's investment in the stadium (please see my allegedly ridiculous signature)...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As I said above, I am just sharing an opinion... Tony WILL invest in the team as well as the stadium... what are you defending? I haven't attacked anyone except the lickers... I certainly haven't attacked the club...

Then why the need for your signature?

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Please tell me you are taking the piss, blame Bloom for what exactly? Wanting automatic promotion, wanting the best for his team? You don't know what the budget is/was what the 70% Poyet talks about relates to, or if its all talk trying to get agents to lower their demands. Take your head out of your arse and take a look around the football world and tell me what is going on with clubs who spend beyond their means

But we are not necessarily talking about "spending beyond our means", if TB has the money to lavish on the team and eventually converts his loans to share capital, like Abramovich, this is not spending beyond our means. Did Blackburn spend beyond their means when Jack Walker bought them the Prem title all those years ago? If TB hasn't got the funds to do that or doesn't particularly want to spend more than he already has, then that's fine, I'm sure no one has a problem with that, but it was him and GP who raised expectations, not the fans. It was TB who talked about automatic promotion and GP saying he was going to build a squad with proper competition for places and I'm sure they both talked big when they were trying to convince Greer and Sparrow to joined us, so it is not unreasonable for the fans to have expected a bit more than we have seen so far.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've noticed that more than a few people know what others should do with their wealth, be it Tony Bloom or the Catholic Church, almost makes me glad I'm poor.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So are you saying you would want us to spend beyond our means because you don't think we would be punished?

Certainly not, but there is a middle ground... invest what you can reasonably invest would be my view... the lickers always bring up the extreme clubs who clearly over-spend... then there are clubs who spend what they can afford...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Holy shit.
If these are the demands being made on the chairmans wallet when we're still a year away from kicking off in a proper stadium, I dread to think of the neverending binfests that will kick off NEXT season when we've got this lot PLUS a few thousand newbies all expecting the cash to be splashed all over the shop a-la Man City.

Some of you are like overexcited children, stamping your feet and wanting it all now now NOW.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
***binfest***

I've never been called a licker before. Pretty sure I'm just a moderate fan who supports the team an appreciates someone putting £100m of their own dosh into it.

Shame on you for living in the real world :lolol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've noticed that more than a few people know what others should do with their wealth, be it Tony Bloom or the Catholic Church, almost makes me glad I'm poor.

This.

Tony Bloom may be Chairman (because of his money), but in a sense I don't think he has any more obligation to buy a striker than I do.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
This is a good move by the club and management.

It will take the pressure off them somewhat expectations wise in regards to what a lot of fans seemed to think we'd do i.e sign a high priced striker

it also means fans might become more realistic of where the club's at and where we may potentially finish this season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Holy shit.
If these are the demands being made on the chairmans wallet when we're still a year away from kicking off in a proper stadium, I dread to think of the neverending binfests that will kick off NEXT season when we've got this lot PLUS a few thousand newbies all expecting the cash to be splashed all over the shop a-la Man City.

Some of you are like overexcited children, stamping your feet and wanting it all now now NOW.

Understandable when Bloom said wanted top 2 though

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Holy shit.

There's a simple solution, ban anyone with less than 34,700 posts :)

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As a further, supplementary question: Is anyone holding Tony Bloom to account over what is evidently now (and probably was at the time) a rash, naive statement?

Marketing and PR exercise.

Get a few more season tickets sold and create a positive buzz about the place before the season starts.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good bit of twisting there TLO. Changing the word "average" to "average", I almost didn't spot it.

Read my fcuking post dip-shit...

Our TEAM is average because we have 2 good players suspended and one good player long-term injured... the replacements are not as good (as you would expect)...

For the hard of hearing...

I DID NOT SAY OUR PLAYERS (THAT'S P L A Y E R S) ARE AVERAGE...

As I said, you need to actually read before you type...

Why do YOU think Gus has repeatedly said he needs 4 or 5 new players?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's not unreasonable to make the inference that an 'average' team is made up of 'average' players.

You've twisted yourself there.

FFS... you can have an average TEAM full of great players... you guys are either very stupid, which I doubt, or are deliberately twisting what I said...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here