Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus Poyet needs to know that, at least, the vast majority of fans support him !

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I f***ing love GUS POYET, the man is a god, he has got us playing the best football we gave ever played and yet people slate him

I believe in Gus & am right behind him that dosent mean I agree with everything he does.
I didn't agree with everything he did last season but when you win on the Saturday it gets forgotten.

I believe in the way we play,I accept that we may get found out playing this way at a higher level.I know injuries have had a huge impact on the season.
At the moment I think we are playing to safe yes we are playing nice football but I don't think we are attacking enough we just seem to play in front of teams rather that trying to get behind them.

D

Deleted User X18H

I am pretty sure someone will, in a round about way, relay to Gus just how much most Albion fans are behind him. Quite soon!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Like the majority I'm 100% behind Gus. Whilst I think the injury crisis has had an effect in recent games, the biggest problem this season has been coping with the loss of our 3 best players from last season. Too many on here mention we were champions last season without recognising a third of that team has been missing this season. El-Abd was player of the season and whilst Dunky and Greer have done well they do not have Adam's physical presence. One look at how many assists Benno had last season tell's you everything and whilst Nooney has been good his final ball is letting him down. Whatever people say about Murray we have not replaced him (Paynter is not a patch on him) or his goals & hold up play from last season - simples!!! So let's try and be realistic about our aims this season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

There has been so much crap on here following recent performances and I wont disagree that I am any less dis-appointed as the next but, whilst being realistic, Gus Poyet's brand of football is good to watch and was totally successful in winning the League 1 title last season. It is the way forward and from what he has said, he won't change that (Hooray), and will attempt to resolve any problems.

He has made some important acquisitions during the closed season and, subsequently if needs be, will resolve by the acquisition of new players (in due course).

I really wish that on NSC we could be somewhat more patient as, like many, I would have settled for a mid table position in this our first incursion for some years into the Championship.

One can only hope that our injury situation will improve in the near future.

What else can any reasonable person say - 'Keep the Faith'

No you are so, so wrong. I am sure you sit there in your ivory tower, much like Sir Gus lapping up all the loveliness heaped on the manager when times are good. GP loves being loved and when he is doing well or even marginally well he will be given all the love and praise he deserves. Even in this time of dire desperation I have yet to see someone say he should be sacked. But please get some perspective. If he is having a mare then the supporters that pay to watch our great team have every right to criticism. I suggest if you cannot handle the criticism that you roll yourself up in cotton wool and go into hibernation. The supporters have an investment in this club, the manager is paid that investment and will move on, whether because he is poor or to richer grounds. I criticised our hugely poor performance v West Ham in a constructive way and a few more did to. We got shouted down by the moaners of the moaners. Some of those telling us to get a grip are now surprisingly, one game later, seeing what we had to say and putting in their own criticism. Until BHAFC becomes a totalitarian organisation I shall reserve my right to constructive criticism. And if you want to complain about it I suggest you find somewhere new to play.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm still on the Gus Bus.

I've seen some of the best football EVER during his reign and I reckon we've only had 2 poor games this season. Sure we need to play a little faster & crisper, but such things come with confidence.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Like the majority I'm 100% behind Gus. Whilst I think the injury crisis has had an effect in recent games, the biggest problem this season has been coping with the loss of our 3 best players from last season. Too many on here mention we were champions last season without recognising a third of that team has been missing this season. El-Abd was player of the season and whilst Dunky and Greer have done well they do not have Adam's physical presence. One look at how many assists Benno had last season tell's you everything and whilst Nooney has been good his final ball is letting him down. Whatever people say about Murray we have not replaced him (Paynter is not a patch on him) or his goals & hold up play from last season - simples!!! So let's try and be realistic about our aims this season.

Good point, well made.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
No you are so, so wrong. I am sure you sit there in your ivory tower, much like Sir Gus lapping up all the loveliness heaped on the manager when times are good. GP loves being loved and when he is doing well or even marginally well he will be given all the love and praise he deserves. Even in this time of dire desperation I have yet to see someone say he should be sacked. But please get some perspective. If he is having a mare then the supporters that pay to watch our great team have every right to criticism. I suggest if you cannot handle the criticism that you roll yourself up in cotton wool and go into hibernation. The supporters have an investment in this club, the manager is paid that investment and will move on, whether because he is poor or to richer grounds. I criticised our hugely poor performance v West Ham in a constructive way and a few more did to. We got shouted down by the moaners of the moaners. Some of those telling us to get a grip are now surprisingly, one game later, seeing what we had to say and putting in their own criticism. Until BHAFC becomes a totalitarian organisation I shall reserve my right to constructive criticism. And if you want to complain about it I suggest you find somewhere new to play.

Pretty much how i feel.

I support BHA FC not Gus Poyet.

He's done a great job up to now and may go on to do even better bute that does not mean we cannot comment on tactics, selection and his purchases.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
We were always going to have a dodgy run at some point this season so I'm not going to criticise Gus now it's arrived.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Yawn.

This is more than a blip. Unfortunately the performances have been getting worse. How many of the 9 games without a win have you been too? I have been to all 9. The time for a few songs at the Amex & blind 'in Gus we trust' have passed. We will be bottom 3 by the end of the month, or close to it if we can fluke one win in November.

Yes I will be at Southampton & Derby. At least the trip to the Broadfield next year is not too far away!

I don't like making comments about other posts but you really are a miserable ass. We're in the best position we've been in, in years on and off the pitch, regardless of the winless sequence we're now encountering. No i haven't been to as many games as you this season because of personal circumstances but I didn't f***ing moan as much as you and as the others on here when I was going to "home" games at Gillingham when we were bottom of the football league.carry on bitching about Gus and he'll walk and we'll end up with shite management merry go round lump it long dross

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I stated in earlier posts that I believe in Gus if I don't always agree with him.
But I am astounded by some of the comments suggesting that Gus is on rocky ground.
Let's not forget how far we have come in recent years.2 years ago we were fighting relegation into league 2.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I stated in earlier posts that I believe in Gus if I don't always agree with him.
But I am astounded by some of the comments suggesting that Gus is on rocky ground.
Let's not forget how far we have come in recent years.2 years ago we were fighting relegation into league 2.

Totally agree but just one observation, there are two massive differences between 2 years ago and now.
1). New stadium.
2). Massive investment by the Board.

Gus has the backing of the board (5 year contract) and the fans, however this is his first sticky patch and now he needs to prove his worth.

He's got our support end of!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Totally agree but just one observation, there are two massive differences between 2 years ago and now.
1). New stadium.
2). Massive investment by the Board.

Gus has the backing of the board (5 year contract) and the fans, however this is his first sticky patch and now he needs to prove his worth.

He's got our support end of!

Yes he has, from NSC, about 2%, if that, of the Brighton support, got our backing. Absolutely 100% of our backing. But no-one is above criticism and those that accuse people of criticising are living in a shell and need to wake up and realise we are afforded a voice in a free democracy, especially when we invest in the club.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
im behind him totally just wish he wasnt so bloody stubborn sometimes :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here